Betting Talk

2016-17 RAS College Basketball

12346»

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Devoo wrote: »
    Haven't received texts on any of today's plays. Only received e-mails. Also on Verizon. Never a problem before today.

Same here, also Verizon
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Sounds like a Verizon issue. AT&T was working.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator
    edited December 2016
    There was a Verizon issue last night. We did some testing afterward and it seems to be resolved. There have been issues with other carriers in the past. The issue was with the carrier itself not delivering the messages. Carrier issues are outside of our control. This is why redundant contact methods are strongly suggested. You should never rely on just one contact method.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Im on Verizon and I didn't get texts from various people besides RAS yesterday.
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I was having occasional issues with Verizon so I removed my phone number from my RAS account and added a second email address. I now have RAS plays emailed to my gmail.com and outlook.com free webmail emails. Both of my emails are set so that ras emails are never sent to spam. Both are set to push mail. I can also set unique notification tones specifically for RAS emails through the apps so I differentiate the emails from normal email and can respond quicker when I hear the RAS specific notifications.

Since doing this I have been having the best experience ever with RAS. Plays consistently show up very quickly and I havent missed any plays because of VZ spam filtering (which we cannot control). Now that apps exist and everyone's phone is constantly getting 24x7 internet I find that there is no reason to using texting to receive plays.

Just my 2 cents.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Plays are horrible and the warning has made things worse. Please explain to me how having a warning is any different than what we tried a couple years ago. I'm curious cause I haven't gotten an answer from the RAS team how this is any different. And it's really annoying when you win/push and we lose. you heard it here first, the warning will eventually go away and we will be back to no warning so why not go no warning right now. If anyone thinks we can have a warning going forward and you can continue to get the line your nuts. The service isn't worth having for me with a stupid warning and it's very frustrating. Why do we do this?
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Plays are horrible and the warning has made things worse. Please explain to me how having a warning is any different than what we tried a couple years ago. I'm curious cause I haven't gotten an answer from the RAS team how this is any different. And it's really annoying when you win/push and we lose. you heard it here first, the warning will eventually go away and we will be back to no warning so why not go no warning right now. If anyone thinks we can have a warning going forward and you can continue to get the line your nuts. The service isn't worth having for me with a stupid warning and it's very frustrating. Why do we do this?

Here is the solution!
    http://www.gamblersanonymous.org/ga/content/recovery-program
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2016
    Plays are horrible

Then you shouldn't care about the warning. Don't subscribe.
    The service isn't worth having for me with a stupid warning and it's very frustrating. Why do we do this?

Again, then don't subscribe. The why is obvious... look how many people disagree with you in this thread.

Should I just ban you now?

P.S. I also endorse Benny's solution.
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    RAS is in the business of selling picks and most of the customers prefer the warning so it would be foolish for him to cater to the needs of a few guys that don't want the warnings. I was a little skeptical at first but honestly I think the short warnings work better as it give you a chance to get ready. With no warning you have to constantly be logged in and on the bet page and that was a huge pain in the ass making sure you didn't get auto logged out. Also many times the plays come in when your eating, on the phone, taking a shower or whatever and the warnings can eliminate frustrations in these scenarios. I think you need to take some time and experiment with other places to bet because it is possible to get the lines and bet a decent amount.
  • Sam BSam B Member
    edited December 2016

Ed research this pretty thoroughly after the trial ended. It was clear that most preferred the warning. I'm not sure why you think it's going to end. I for one would not be a subscriber without the warning.
  • Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Warning no doubt much easier.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Golfer - are you line shopping? I was able to get Pacific at 138' to get the W