Betting Talk

2016-17 RAS College Basketball

Comments

• jmanjman Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Happy Thanksgiving all....Let's keep the winners coming!
  • PP865PP865 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    Is it just me that received the first play sent today before the warning and that hasn't received the third play yet? That's infuriating to receive the warning that there will be two 1.5 units plays coming AFTER one was already sent out - never had something like that happen before.
  • AdminAdmin Administrator
    edited November 2016
    PP865 wrote: »
    Is it just me that received the first play sent today before the warning and that hasn't received the third play yet? That's infuriating to receive the warning that there will be two 1.5 units plays coming AFTER one was already sent out - never had something like that happen before.

This definitely appears to be an isolated incident. Please email [email protected] so we can investigate what happened and figure out a solution.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    I got some good info going forward on some small schools. I wonder if I can get the 3 free credits or maybe 10 credits for only 100$. Be a really good deal if I could get both. Be like a Black Friday special on a Wednesday. please advice Ed id be glad to give him those tips if I can only get the 10$ 10 credit special to go along with it.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2016
    capital preservation mode. Ride out the storm
    edited December 2016
    Is everyone that was liking the warning before still wanting the warning. I got the second half play yesterday (no warning) and it was the only game I got. I say we go back to no warning (which in my opinion is the smartest thing to do anyway) They auto move the game when there is a warning where I bet, with no warning I get them.

On another note, the text is not getting to the same person at the same time. My friend and I are together all the time when the plays come and there is times where it can be a 30 second difference between when I get it versus him and or vice versa. Just wanted to throw that out there as its not all that accurate on time. Obviously this is something that will never be perfect as so much of it is out of anyone's control. But either way, it still plays a big part in getting down before the move
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I am still liking the warning. If I make it to a computer in time I can get the released lines 80-90% of the time.
  • Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I get 100% of the plays when there is a warning.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2016
    I still prefer the warning.
    edited December 2016
    Just amazing me to me how I am in the minority on this. But what I don't understand is a few years ago when we stopped doing the countdown page and went to "3 plays in the next 3-5 minutes" type of warning , it wasn't any easier to get down then. ( I didn't think so atleast). What we are doing now is basically no different than that, yet everyone is having much more luck than me. I don't get it. Why is it easier now for everyone to get down versus a year or two ago when we were doing the warning but no countdown page. Someone who is more technically savvy then me please explain why this CBB season is any different than what we've tried in the past.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Just amazing me to me how I am in the minority on this. But what I don't understand is a few years ago when we stopped doing the countdown page and went to "3 plays in the next 3-5 minutes" type of warning , it wasn't any easier to get down then. ( I didn't think so atleast). What we are doing now is basically no different than that, yet everyone is having much more luck than me. I don't get it. Why is it easier now for everyone to get down versus a year or two ago when we were doing the warning but no countdown page. Someone who is more technically savvy then me please explain why this CBB season is any different than what we've tried in the past.

Maybe there's a reason yours is a tad later than the rest :)
  • Nacer2174Nacer2174 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    It was just as easy with a countdown page as it is with a warning.
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I agree with the countdown page being just as easy. To respond to Golfer's post, do you think it could be attributed to the "outs" you're using? I have tried numerous different outs, and it's not a perfect system but I feel as though it's a huge benefit to be always trying mix it up in terms of what outs I'm using. If you're struggling on the sites you're using. I suggest relocating funds into some different outs and trying something new.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I have better luck getting the number with no warning but my anxiety level does not like no warning.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited December 2016
    The biggest factor for me in getting the releases is more about "when" than if there is/isn't a warning. Releases during the day on a weekday are always tough. Releases in the middle of a busy NFL Sunday are pretty easy regardless if I get a warning. I like the warning just because it gives me a minute to get to my computer and be ready to go, and doesn't seem to have a great impact on my ability to get a play.
    edited December 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    I like the warning just because it gives me a minute to get to my computer and be ready to go, and doesn't seem to have a great impact on my ability to get a play.

This is my exact reasoning as well.
  • Sam BSam B Member
    edited December 2016
    The warning continues to make all the difference for me as well.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    I also need the warning.

Books adjust golfer. The same book I used 6 months ago now moves too quick and had to find other outs.

The texts on Verizon arrive the same time as my gmail. Sometime there is a 2 sec gap but nothing like 30 secs.

With a warning and a later release time (i.e. missi st yesterday) I was able to get down at justbet and betmania which used to be unheard of for me.
  • crashcrash Member
    edited December 2016
    5Dimes is the one out to avoid for RAS. They obviously have an account and every single release moves 2 points on air immediately. I've been on the trigger every time within 2 seconds and they've already moved it. Last night, it turned 2 wins into 2 losses - very painful.
    edited December 2016
    Admin wrote: »
    Email [email protected] to set up bitcoin payments.

Giving this a shot, I sent an email a few hours ago.
  • ugadawgs7769ugadawgs7769 Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    jm wrote: »
    I also need the warning.

Books adjust golfer. The same book I used 6 months ago now moves too quick and had to find other outs.

The texts on Verizon arrive the same time as my gmail. Sometime there is a 2 sec gap but nothing like 30 secs.

With a warning and a later release time (i.e. missi st yesterday) I was able to get down at justbet and betmania which used to be unheard of for me.

Be careful with Betmania, they are usually very quick to limit, delay and ban if they deem you as being anything more than completely recreational.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Has anyone had issues with the last couple 2H totals (Old Dominion and Pitt?) Both my books didn't have the games till a couple mins after release and the lines already moved 3+ points. Curious if I should just turn off 2H totals
    edited December 2016
    jm wrote: »
    Has anyone had issues with the last couple 2H totals (Old Dominion and Pitt?) Both my books didn't have the games till a couple mins after release and the lines already moved 3+ points. Curious if I should just turn off 2H totals

Nothing unusual here.
  • jmanjman Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    ive had one of my outs remove 2h totals.
    edited December 2016
    Anyone else see Marymount last night was plus 1.5 about 30 seconds before release then it moved to plus 1. crazy how that ended up mattering
    edited December 2016
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Giving this a shot, I sent an email a few hours ago.

Haven't seen any emails from you.
    edited December 2016
    Admin wrote: »
    Haven't seen any emails from you.

I sent 2 over the weekend? No response so I gave up, I moved the funds to paypal.
    edited December 2016
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    I sent 2 over the weekend? No response so I gave up, I moved the funds to paypal.

Weird. I'm not seeing anything from your email address from the weekend.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited December 2016
    Haven't gotten text messages on the plays since the warning for the CBB totals. Emails working fine.

Verizon.
  • DevooDevoo Junior Member
    edited December 2016
    Haven't received texts on any of today's plays. Only received e-mails. Also on Verizon. Never a problem before today.