Betting Talk

2016 Presidential Election & Primaries

Comments

• munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I thought it was great news for Hillary...everyone already knows she's a crook and a liar, being convicted was the only obstacle to her election...
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    I made large enough wager with a co worker that at least 4 (over 3.5 was the bet) of these states will elect Hilary for the President. I don't do a lot of betting in the political world but figured these states were pretty safe:

Wisconsin
    New Hampshire
    Virginia
    Colorado
    Nevada
    Iowa

Not sure how it will work out but would love some advice if Im looking good or bad from the start. Thanks guys!

Jerrad
  • Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    ericvanden wrote: »
    I made large enough wager with a co worker that at least 4 (over 3.5 was the bet) of these states will elect Hilary for the President. I don't do a lot of betting in the political world but figured these states were pretty safe:

Wisconsin
    New Hampshire
    Virginia
    Colorado
    Nevada
    Iowa

Not sure how it will work out but would love some advice if Im looking good or bad from the start. Thanks guys!

Jerrad

I'd be shocked if she didn't win Wisconsin. Left leaning state in Presidential elections already, Dems will turn out for Feingold I think. And lastly (and maybe most importantly) conservative radio killed Trump here, was a major factor in him losing the primary to Cruz.
    edited July 2016
    Yeah, that's the one I'm most confident in (live in La Crosse). Virginia and Colorado also seem like locks, just need 1 of the others to cash it. Thanks for your insight as well.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Crazy props at 5dimes now..

Trump to says phrase Black Lives Matter +215 says Bernie Sanders -145 just a few
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    How's this for a prop. Will Trump's speech be plagiarized? I think yes would have to be the chalk
    edited July 2016
    kane wrote: »
    How's this for a prop. Will Trump's speech be plagiarized? I think yes would have to be the chalk

I will take even money that Hillary pulls this one next week...

http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/teleprompter-gaffe-flub-oops-blunder-hillary-clinton-sigh
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    I will take even money that Hillary pulls this one next week...

http://thehill.com/video/in-the-news/teleprompter-gaffe-flub-oops-blunder-hillary-clinton-sigh

If she steals her speech from someone else, let me know
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Funny you should say that. Bovada just put this up, but when I tried to bet no for my entire account balance, it wouldn't go through.
    Will any candidate say anything interesting or original during their speech?
    Yes +5000
    No -10000
    edited July 2016
    If she steals her speech from someone else, let me know

Considering Obama and Biden both have plagiarized in the past yes may not be a bad play
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Biden has nothing to do with it, and Obama and Patrick are very close friends, they've both used lines from each other during speeches. Apples to oranges comparing two close friends taking lines from each other and Mrs Trump plagiarizing from Michelle Obama
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    This RNC is really a shit show. Who the fuck would vote for these dick weeds. They want to turn the clock back 100 years.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Sorry I should have said who the fuck would vote for these dick weeds except other dick weeds.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Kashmir wrote: »
    Sorry I should have said who the fuck would vote for these dick weeds except other dick weeds.

Hey! I happen to belong to Dick Weeds United-- and we will be protesting in front of your house. Of course, this being the USA, it will be a peaceful protest--- maybe.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Dick Weeds Lives Matter
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    Wow, HClinton knocked it outta the park tonite.
    Look for a big spike for the Dems.
  • RaloRalo Senior Member
    edited July 2016
    She said nothing she has not said before. It all comes down to how much tax money are we going to give her, if she gets elected.
    edited July 2016
    Ralo wrote: »
    She said nothing she has not said before. It all comes down to how much tax money are we going to give her, if she gets elected.

That's true Ralo........but sometimes it's not what you say, but rather how you say it.
    edited July 2016
    Pissed I did not follow my thoughts and play her saying Atlantic City..
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    With all the stupidity provided by the Trump circus over the last weekend alone,
    is there some value in:

193 Democratic nominee wins over 369½ votes at +260 ?

Shouldn't there come a point when the voters realise he's a joke? Has got no support from his own party and will be going up against Biden, Obama and Bill Clinton campaigning for Hillary. Losing the demographics battle vs immigrants, muslims, army (+vets and families) and women. How does Hillary not win in a landslide?
    edited August 2016
    Obi One wrote: »
    With all the stupidity provided by the Trump circus over the last weekend alone,
    is there some value in:

Shouldn't there come a point when the voters realise he's a joke? Has got no support from his own party and will be going up against Biden, Obama and Bill Clinton campaigning for Hillary. Losing the demographics battle vs immigrants, muslims, army (+vets and families) and women. How does Hillary not win in a landslide?

You're over estimating our voter's IQ. These are the same intellectuals that elected Arnold, Jesse, Blago, etc.
    Btw, how did Truman beat Dewey? Pre election polls were overwhelmingly Dewey. Gallup over 6%.
    edited August 2016
    is there some value in:

Given the media is in the tank for Hillary...you are correct

Can't wait until George Stephanopoulos as Hillary Clinton what she has sacrificed.
    edited August 2016

The above is perception. I don't agree with it.
    The actual fact is that the media has given Trump so much exposure since he started running for GOP-nominee last year that even the media had to confess they were giving him too much free exposure. Dude got here with minimum advertising budget. He kept people glued to the TV/Radio/Internet, ratings were up and the media loved it. Maybe he should stop offending people left and right? Maybe he should check his facts before releasing statements? Maybe he should stop lying? Just have look at this past weekend:
    - Asks Russia to hack Hillary's e-mail
    - Lie about letter from NFL
    - Attack the Khan family
    - State that he can guarantee that he'll talk to Putin so Putin won't move into the Ukraine, only to be reminded that Russia already invaded the Ukraine.

This is from just the last 5 days, that's insane! Off course the media is going to grill him.
    Can't wait until George Stephanopoulos as Hillary Clinton what she has sacrificed.

Why should he have to ask her? She's not the one attacking mr. Khan on his son's sacrifice.

Anyway, my question was: Shouldn't Hillary win this election in a landslide, due to Mr. Trump's repeated mistakes, thus giving value to the +260 on the stated prop?
    edited August 2016
    I completely agree with you, was able to get +320 with small limits at a local awhile back. BOL has +325.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited August 2016

At least she'll know Putin has already invaded Ukraine. http://time.com/4432282/donald-trump-vladimir-putin-ukraine/
    edited August 2016
    The above is perception. I don't agree with it.
    The actual fact is that the media has given Trump so much exposure since he started running for GOP-nominee last year that even the media had to confess they were giving him too much free exposure. Dude got here with minimum advertising budget. He kept people glued to the TV/Radio/Internet, ratings were up and the media loved it. Maybe he should stop offending people left and right? Maybe he should check his facts before releasing statements? Maybe he should stop lying? Just have look at this past weekend:
    - Asks Russia to hack Hillary's e-mail
    - Lie about letter from NFL
    - Attack the Khan family
    - State that he can guarantee that he'll talk to Putin so Putin won't move into the Ukraine, only to be reminded that Russia already invaded the Ukraine.

This is from just the last 5 days, that's insane! Off course the media is going to grill him.

Why should he have to ask her? She's not the one attacking mr. Khan on his son's sacrifice.

Anyway, my question was: Shouldn't Hillary win this election in a landslide, due to Mr. Trump's repeated mistakes, thus giving value to the +260 on the stated prop?

First Obi I appreciate the response without attacks..seems to happen not enough around here.

Trump has done more than enough stuff to stick his foot in his own mouth...end of story. He needs to stick to jobs and economy.

The media spent next to no time talking about the dissent last week among the Sanders delegates and the DNC. Sanders Delegates were told they could not attend HRC's speech and seats were filled with the seat fillers on Craigslist(oh yeah that wasn't reported either, the DNC took ads out on CL paying folks to fill the arena). Also right above the CA delegates white noise machines were put to drown them out.
    Sanders delegates got pissed and stormed the media tent. http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/07/26/bernie-supporters-take-over-media-tent/87595564/

I will hand it to the Dems they have a great playbook..bring out someone who lost a loved one who disagrees with the Republican candidate.

Final note yes I do think the sacrifice should be asked to both of them no matter who brings up the point.

I can even answer it for her, Well George, Their is no way to compare my sacrifices to a parent who lost child in war, that is the ultimate sacrifice.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    I will hand it to the Dems they have a great playbook..bring out someone who lost a loved one who disagrees with the Republican candidate.

Final note yes I do think the sacrifice should be asked to both of them no matter who brings up the point.

I can even answer it for her, Well George, Their is no way to compare my sacrifices to a parent who lost child in war, that is the ultimate sacrifice.

Yea, but this would have been an old story a day later if not for Trump's absurd reaction. He just can't control himself. The idea that the Republican nominee is +280/-360 at this point in an election cycle vs a very weak Democratic candidate is just absurd, but the line is probably fair. Trump needs to keep his mouth shut for the next 3 months if he wants a chance to win.
    edited August 2016
    durito wrote: »
    Yea, but this would have been an old story a day later if not for Trump's absurd reaction. He just can't control himself. The idea that the Republican nominee is +280/-360 at this point in an election cycle vs a very weak Democratic candidate is just absurd, but the line is probably fair. Trump needs to keep his mouth shut for the next 3 months if he wants a chance to win.

You are right on all accounts..although I for one do not feel any of the other candidates would have done much better.
    edited August 2016
    durito wrote: »
    Trump needs to keep his mouth shut for the next 3 months if he wants a chance to win.

He didn't, he can't......
    And he's taking the whole Republican Party down with him.
    Suggesting 'even jokingly' someone shoot Clinton is beyond anything he's done/said so far. The guy belongs in a mental institution.

The bet I suggested earlier:
    Democratic nominee wins over 369½ votes at +260

First went down to around +220 (last I could see), then got taken off the board. With AZ and GA turning slightly blue, This one looks like free money. Right now I would be willing to bet on Trump not making it to the elections. Anybody seen such a bet out there?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2016
    He didn't, he can't......
    And he's taking the whole Republican Party down with him.
    Suggesting 'even jokingly' someone shoot Clinton is beyond anything he's done/said so far. The guy belongs in a mental institution.

The bet I suggested earlier:
    Democratic nominee wins over 369½ votes at +260

First went down to around +220 (last I could see), then got taken off the board. With AZ and GA turning slightly blue, This one looks like free money. Right now I would be willing to bet on Trump not making it to the elections. Anybody seen such a bet out there?

I know last week Ladbrokes had the odds of Trump being replaced at 6/1, which if you think about it is pretty remarkable. Imagine a candidate who won his party's primary is only 6/1 to not even make it to the general election, it's rather astounding if you ask me.