Betting Talk

2016 Presidential Election & Primaries

Comments

• BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Dems -310 seems like the last good line i'll get or could it dip back towards the general? already took -170 but believe it or not the republicans have only made themselves out to be bigger clowns since then.

I think hilary is an easy choice. she's far more proven than anyone in the race. For better or worse, she's looking like our next prez. From a strictly gambling pov this is easy money to me.

I threw a small wager on "other" party 45/1 that was back with talk of bloomberg getting involved. I would not wager on anyone from the republican party :cry:
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Paul Ryan at +1320 via my local. ..interesting play if things are contested and they want to screw over both Cruz and Trump.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    Paul Ryan at +1320 via my local. ..interesting play if things are contested and they want to screw over both Cruz and Trump.

Hopefully all of the current presidential candidates die in plane crashes. Cant imagine a worse field. Kasich clearly the best candidate left but has no chance.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Hilary better win NY or many superdelegates will be looking for a way out
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Trump is an ass
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    You can throw all the histrionics out. At the end of the day, it comes down to this:
    In the election, Hillary is going to defeat Trump in a somewhat close call. Barring something completely unforeseen, this is the only possible outcome.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    It won't be close Benny. That's what the Repubs are really worrying about, a Trump nomination would result in a defeat so bad the carryover would cost them the Congressional majority.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    You can throw all the histrionics out. At the end of the day, it comes down to this:
    In the election, Hillary is going to defeat Trump in a somewhat close call. Barring something completely unforeseen, this is the only possible outcome.

I think you can throw all prognostications out the window this election cycle. Who saw Trump doing this well? Who thought Sanders would be giving Hillary this much trouble? Walker was once the R favorite and he was one of the first out. If it is Trump vs. Clinton, I am staying home and I imagine so will many others.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Hillary is on the run in NY and CA...she better hang on to all those 'committed' superdelegates or the math changes
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    Stricknine wrote: »
    I think you can throw all prognostications out the window this election cycle. Who saw Trump doing this well? Who thought Sanders would be giving Hillary this much trouble? Walker was once the R favorite and he was one of the first out. If it is Trump vs. Clinton, I am staying home and I imagine so will many others.

trump was leading in all polls july 1, everybody especially msm has been in denial ever since. Hillary had the lowest likability in history of politics. As a huge Trump supporter I think Sanders is a much tougher match up than H.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    munson15 wrote: »
    Hillary is on the run in NY and CA...she better hang on to all those 'committed' superdelegates or the math changes

This isn't even close to accurate. Sanders has a 0% chance to win CA and less than that in NY.

http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/poll-clinton-s-lead-new-york-grows-n556201

Last check this morning she was -1000 to win NY and -720 to win the Democratic nomination. Short of being indicted (and that's not likely to happen) She isn't losing on the democratic side. Your view is clouded if you can't see the enormous lead she has on her own party and the current Republican candidates.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    I am to the right of atilla the hun. Would never think of voting for the give away party (DEMS). Watched last nights screaming match Clinton/Sanders and came away impressed the way she handled herself and her being on top of all the issues that was asked of her. I would like to know if the moderators were known by the candidates? I just may stay home for the 1st time and not exercise my right as a free American and vote. I am not comfortable knowing that Hillary will be Madam President and implementing some of Obamas left overs.
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    should read moderators -questions-
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2016
    BayOcean wrote: »
    I am to the right of atilla the hun. Would never think of voting for the give away party (DEMS).

Nice to see you're still active and guarding the line in right.
    edited April 2016
    5dimes has Trump to win -450...and additional round of balloting at -420..

Don't those contradict each other? Isn't Trump's best/possibly only shot at winning on the first ballot?
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited April 2016

Don't those contradict each other? Isn't Trump's best/possibly only shot at winning on the first ballot?

Don't see it there now, but additional rounds would have been an obviously bad line.

The line I'm surprised at now is that Dems are -190 to control the senate (republicans at +150).
    edited April 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    Don't see it there now, but additional rounds would have been an obviously bad line.

The line I'm surprised at now is that Dems are -190 to control the senate (republicans at +150).

yes and no..apparently the GOP rules committee can change the rules even if Trump were to hit the delegate number..hence more votes..I have not looked deep enough into the senate seats I know Feingold in WI is going to give Johnson a run for his money.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited April 2016

They cancelled the first ballot wagers. They are such a piece of shit book. Chicken shit too. Your limits get cut in no time there if you know what you're doing.
    edited May 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDDrJaHC_qA

If you want somebody who knows whats going to happen next, and very accurate its Roger Stone on infowars, spend some time watching his stuff.
    edited May 2016
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDDrJaHC_qA

If you want somebody who knows whats going to happen next, and very accurate its Roger Stone on infowars, spend some time watching his stuff.
    edited May 2016
    great value with trump imo. Romney lost Fla by a penny. I think with H very low likability, NE transplants, and Trump 2nd home he wins Fla. If he takes Kasich Ohio becomes a lock and that s a checkmate folks, not bad for +260. of course Im free rolling from my Gop winnings, but still great value against what I perceive to be a paper lion chalk
    edited May 2016
    Get ready for the biggest national pissing match ever. TRUMP versus HILLARY if she's not a late scratch. A PPH put up a -400 that she wouldn't be indicted. They immediately were faded NO and took it off the board. The alleged misconduct info with Hillary and Mrs Weiner was shrugged off.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited May 2016
    Do they indict Hilary just so they can replace her on the ticket?
    edited May 2016
    durito wrote: »
    Do they indict Hilary just so they can replace her on the ticket?

Good angle and possibility. Obama and Clintons aren't exactly in love with each other. Price went back up @-300 or -320.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited May 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Good angle and possibility. Obama and Clintons aren't exactly in love with each other. Price went back up @-300 or -320.

Is the PPH that you're mentioning just a clone of 5Dimes? I know that 5Dimes has it up (at the prices that you're mentioning), but with the $100 limits, even just $100 can move it ~50 cents (based on past political props that I've played there).
    edited May 2016
    The -300 is a 5dime clone, however the -320 will gamble a little more on political events.
    edited June 2016
    I just wanted to bump this..any thoughts now..

Seeing Democratic -325 and GOP +250.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    bookmaker has trump yes at +416 right now.
    edited July 2016
    Not good news for Hillary but does it matter against Trump?

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/news/politics-government/election/article87827607.html