• Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    NEVER A DOUBT
    I like METS match up vs DODGERS also
    LET THE FUN BEGIN
    w2w
    edited October 2015
    I guess the BLACK KNIGHT knows JACOB is now the FRANCHISE PITCHER.
    GREAT START METS
    w2w
    edited October 2015
    TOUGH BREAK
    UTLEY HELD A GRUDGE
    w2w
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    big one tonight fellas - im heading into manhattan to watch with some friends. glad jake is on the mound and conforto is in the lineup. LETS GO METS
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    big one tonight fellas - im heading into manhattan to watch with some friends.

I envy you StJoe. Greatest city in the world. Whatever you want it's there. Havea good time.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    big one tonight fellas - im heading into manhattan to watch with some friends. glad jake is on the mound and conforto is in the lineup. LETS GO METS

I'm with Ronbets really envy you and the sports in New York. When the Yanks were in town the Mets were on the Road went to a game when the Mets were in town the yanks were on the road went to a game and was at the Garden every Tuesday night when the knicks were in town.
    Yea I'd say I was a little jealous. Have a great time.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Lol, I couldn't wait to get out of the city to watch the game from my house, lol. Good Luck to us tonight, prepared for the worst but hoping for the best.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    I guess the BLACK KNIGHT knows JACOB is now the FRANCHISE PITCHER.
    GREAT START METS
    w2w

Jacob, what can I say the kid is awesome and this isn't a debate who's better but this was Harvey's first year back from Tommy John and I can't remember another pitcher pitching the way he did the first year back. It's usually the second year that the arm really heals and you become the same before the surgery in most case's and there have been case's that the pitcher was even better then before.

Don't blame a man for looking out for himself and family first.
    edited October 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    Lol, I couldn't wait to get out of the city to watch the game from my house, lol.

Shake off that farm land past up in Albany with Central Avenue and Lark Street:p Enjoy the NYC diversity. Ppl up there have a hybrid dialect. Boston and NYC.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    How many times do I have to watch Dodoo take balls right down the middle of the plate, then swing at balls in the dirt. He's awful.
    edited October 2015
    BRING ON THE CUBS
    w2w
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    I'm with Ronbets really envy you and the sports in New York. When the Yanks were in town the Mets were on the Road went to a game when the Mets were in town the yanks were on the road went to a game and was at the Garden every Tuesday night when the knicks were in town.
    Yea I'd say I was a little jealous. Have a great time.

thanks OT. had a blast yesterday but paying for it this morning
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2015
    I just learned last night that Michael Conforto's father was a linebacker at Penn State in the 70's. Gives me a reason to root for the Mets the rest of the way.
    edited October 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    I just learned last night that Michael Conforto's father was a linebacker at Penn State in the 70's. Gives me a reason to root for the Mets the rest of the way.

Fleming announced it during last nights telecast. Also, his mom was an Olympian hopeful. How's that for genes?
    edited October 2015
    Most of today's managers/players lack fundamentals and the understanding of analytics. A few examples:

1. Ethier should not have caught the foul fly that enabled the Met runner to tag up and tie the game. Grienke was a favorite to retire the batter.

2. Collins has no business bringing in his stopper Familia for a 6 out save.

3. Previously mentioned Grandal hitting 6th in starting lineup.

4. Murphy allowed to steal an unattended 3rd base.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited October 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Most of today's managers/players lack fundamentals and the understanding of analytics. A few examples:

1. Ethier should not have caught the foul fly that enabled the Met runner to tag up and tie the game. Grienke was a favorite to retire the batter.

2. Collins has no business bringing in his stopper Familia for a 6 out save.

3. Previously mentioned Grandal hitting 6th in starting lineup.

4. Murphy allowed to steal an unattended 3rd base.

The fundamentals are lacking league wide. I was talking with an ex-teammate at the time of the flyball to Either. As he approached the foul line we both said at the same time, "let it drop". Silence for about a minute before he said "people don't know shit anymore". Played with/against enough college /future draftees the last few years to know that it is sad but true. They spend all their time swinging a bat, taking routine ground balls, they don't really learn how to play the game. They may know simple things, but throw a twist into it or have something that doesn't happen much happen, and they freeze. It should be like breathing. The next time I hear a pro say "I didn't know that was a rule" or something like it, I'd like to take a bat to their head. Read your rule book.

Leaving 3rd base uncovered is unforgivable. Even if the Seager forgot, Turner standing in RF should say "hello, I'm over here, someone needs to cover 3rd". You need to talk a lot out there, even if you think it is a given.
    edited October 2015
    I TOLD YOU THIS WOULD HAPPEN BACK IN MARCH
    GREAT RIDE
    MURPHY WE WILL MISS YOU
    w2w
  • warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I'm worried about the 5 days off for your mets