Betting Talk

METS UPDATE

Comments

• CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    CONFORTOOOOOO
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Mets just put Cuddyer on the DL, they owe it to their fans to get a bat or two, obviously they don't want to part with any of their young pitchers, but they have a realistic shot at the playoffs, but only if they get some offensive help. Oh yeah, fuck Bobby Parnell
  • Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    We got a couple of decent bats and MONEY in this trade.
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    We got a couple of decent bats and MONEY in this trade.
    w2w

The Uribe pickup wasn't bad, but they still need another bat imo
    edited July 2015
    Johnson and Uribe now have highest OBP on the Mets... And the Braves have mets money also, so great start IMO. If they can get 1 impact bat may make it interesting. They are shopping Wheeler, Montero, Neese and are looking for a Tulo type player.
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    Johnson and Uribe now have highest OBP on the Mets... And the Braves have mets money also, so great start IMO. If they can get 1 impact bat may make it interesting. They are shopping Wheeler, Montero, Neese and are looking for a Tulo type player.

I can't see the Mets getting a Tulo type player. Unless they give up one of the big 4 pitchers, they are not getting a stud hitter back. A guy who just had Tommy John surgery and either Niese or Montero, isn't going to get it done. Plus, I can't see the Mets going after someone who is still owed a lot of money on his contract. I can see the Mets going after a rental, if they don't have to give up much. Cespedes, or someone along those lines, who isn't under contract after this year. I can't get excited over Uribe and Johnson, who hasn't hit about .220 the last 3 years.
    edited July 2015
    Trade looks good after last night.
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Fuck Jeurys Familia
    edited July 2015
    MY KINGDOM FOR A CLOSER
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    MY KINGDOM FOR A CLOSER
    w2w

Chapman can be had for the right price, but that price would be steep, one of your young stud pitchers might get it done
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Uribe gets it done! Jerry Family is off the hook
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Chapman can be had for the right price, but that price would be steep, one of your young stud pitchers might get it done

Those pitchers aren't going anywhere. They are all studs, and not making any money for the next 3 to 4 years. Wheeler, Neise and Montero are all tradeable, but those big 4 are untouchable. I mean, if the Mets truley want a top notch hitter for the future, sign a free agent in the off season and keep your young pitching.
    edited July 2015
    I have a feeling MURPHY is gone
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    The Mets have acquired Oakland reliever Tyler Clippard
  • warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    May have got Clippard but Mejia suspended 162 games PEDs
    edited July 2015
    Just give us 1 more bat, please.

I want cargo but think it's going to be Gomez. As long as don't touch the big 4, I'll be happy.

DeGrom, Harvey, Thor, Matz - I wouldn't want to face those pitchers in a series. Just let us in, well shock the world!

Sorry, haven't cared about baseball this late in season since 2007.

Lets Go Mets!
    edited July 2015
    Noah's WIN knocked some pain off MEJIA. Hope he is gone forever...F ing DOPE
    ONLY 1 GAME OUT
    w2w
  • warrior2790warrior2790 Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Yeah you think he would learn after the first time especially what was going on before with PEDs...Would love to see a subway series Yankees fan here
    edited July 2015
    Carlos Gomez is a Met again. We made moves, we got a bat, all in for 2015. lets go Mets!
  • PeayManiaPeayMania Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Why did Flores go back in the game when he was traded? He was visibly upset and it made zero sense to keep playing him. I'm a Mets fan, probably not to the extent most of you are in this thread, but this makes me embarrassed to be a fan. It's a disservice to the kid to keep playing him. Maybe I'm off base but still makes me sick to my stomach.
    edited July 2015
    He asked to stay in supposedly. Also, Twitter jumped the gun and deal still isn't official. It's pending physical for Wheeler. I agree though, I would have pulled Flores, bad look for the Mets.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Looks like the Gomez deal is off, at least for now, not sure what happened
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Hey Coops, if the Gomez deal is officially dead, could I interest you in Jay Bruce? Wheeler and a low to mid range prospect might get it done
    edited July 2015
    I don't care, this team makes fools of themselves every time they try to do something. Jesus F'ing Christ.... Poor Wilmer
    edited July 2015
    I would trade PARNELL and FAMILA for 2 broken bats.DISGRACEFUL.
    w2w
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    They can win this game yet don't give up we need it to keep raining and raining hard. A real good New York Rain
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Guys you really believe the Mets are going to pass Washington in the end. Did the crying SS play today. Wow I hope somebody gave him a slap because your manager showed great compassion in the press conference . What a joke, is that 3rd baseman playing yet or are they still waiting for the big years to come. LOL. Meet the Mets Greet the Mets step right up and meet the Mets Da Da da da 7-1 7th inning and not safe. All kidding aside why was Niese taken out after 6 with 87 pitches thown 58 for strikes and 6 k's that's 1 out of every 3 batters something like one an inning
    edited July 2015
    I think it is time for COLLINS to pack it in.
    w2w
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited July 2015
    Cespedes to the mets just happened
    edited July 2015
    CESPEDES...rented him cheap.Nice move SANDY
    w2w