Betting Talk

METS UPDATE

Comments

• Wire2WireWire2Wire Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    POWERFUL LINE-UP
    I hope #5 doesn't destroy the chemistry of this team.WE WERE FINE WITHOUT HIM.Don't get me wrong...but...IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT.
    w2w
    edited August 2015
    We win a squeaker
    w2w
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    POWERFUL LINE-UP
    I hope #5 doesn't destroy the chemistry of this team.WE WERE FINE WITHOUT HIM.Don't get me wrong...but...IF IT AINT BROKE DON'T FIX IT.
    w2w

Back when Wright got hurt, it was viewed as a devastating blow, now you're hoping he doesn't come back and fuck things up, a lot has changed in a few short months
    edited August 2015
    That is what is great about BASEBALL...the PICTURE changes everyday
    btw MAGIC NUMBER is 29
    w2w
    edited August 2015
    DEAR MR.COLLINS
    PLEASE GET DOUBLE PLAY DAVID OUT OF THE LINE UP
    SINCERELY
    w2w
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Wire2Wire wrote: »
    DEAR MR.COLLINS
    PLEASE GET DOUBLE PLAY DAVID OUT OF THE LINE UP
    SINCERELY
    w2w

Are you serious? Maybe Mr. Collins should try a little hit and run instead of thinking his new found power rivals the '27 Yankees.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Sometimes the best trades are the ones you don't make. Ever since that weird night when Flores thought he was traded, the Mets season completely turned around, getting Cespedes instead of Gomez has proven to be a blessing in disguise
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    Someone should teach him how to back-up an outfielder when the ball is going over the center fielder's head.
    edited August 2015
    BTW...MAGIC NUMBER is 28...lol
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    I think the NATIONALS are SHELLSHOCKED.
    w2w
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    FUCK MATT HARVEY

JUDAS HARVEY

I HOPE THEY TRADE THIS FAT FUCK TO COLORADO, WE DONT WANT YOU ANYMORE U SOULESS PIECE OF SHIT!

...sorry, needed to rant.
    edited September 2015
    HARVEY IS A MONEY GRUBBING COCKSUCKER...FUCK HIM AND HIS AGENT
    NO PLAY? NO PAY
    w2w
  • jammerjammer Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Coops wrote: »
    FUCK MATT HARVEY

JUDAS HARVEY

I HOPE THEY TRADE THIS FAT FUCK TO COLORADO, WE DONT WANT YOU ANYMORE U SOULESS PIECE OF SHIT!

Trade him for Bogaerts. Matz, Syn, and Wheeler are all younger, and DeGrom is better. Get a young SS who can hit and play defense. Harvey wants to be the center of attention. He can be that on Boston with their awful pitching staff.
    edited September 2015
    FUCK MATT HARVEY

JUDAS HARVEY

You were all singing Fat boy's praises at one point now you hate him. and now because it's possible a man is making with his talent only 614k and has the potential to make really big money can damage his career now you turn on him. If I was him and the doctor told me that I can only pitch a certain amount of innings and as strange as it's just coming out now (His Agent of course) what would you do.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Coops and Wire, what's wrong with you guys? Christ, the guy's coming off TJ surgery. Your team has had an amazing season, and is probably headed for the playoffs, just relax and enjoy the ride
    edited September 2015
    A
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    You were all singing Fat boy's praises at one point now you hate him. and now because it's possible a man is making with his talent only 614k and has the potential to make really big money can damage his career now you turn on him. If I was him and the doctor told me that I can only pitch a certain amount of innings and as strange as it's just coming out now (His Agent of course) what would you do.

Would u feel the same way if he was a Yankee?
    edited September 2015
    kane wrote: »
    Coops and Wire, what's wrong with you guys? Christ, the guy's coming off TJ surgery. Your team has had an amazing season, and is probably headed for the playoffs, just relax and enjoy the ride

The mets tried a 6 man rotation twice and he vetoed it. In spring training he was singing a different tune. David wright fought his ass of to come back this season. Harvey is a pussy. We don't fucking need him. He's just pissed he's being over shined by DeGrom Thor and soon Matz. Fuck him. Trsde his ass this off season and let him suffer on a shitty club. See how many endorsements he gets outside of ny.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    The mets tried a 6 man rotation twice and he vetoed it. In spring training he was singing a different tune. David wright fought his ass of to come back this season. Harvey is a pussy. We don't fucking need him. He's just pissed he's being over shined by DeGrom Thor and soon Matz. Fuck him. Trsde his ass this off season and let him suffer on a shitty club. See how many endorsements he gets outside of ny.

I agree, I think he should be traded to Cincinnati
    edited September 2015
    Did you see what happened to his Wikipedia last night?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Did you see what happened to his Wikipedia last night?

No, but I just checked it out, I don't see anything out of line, it all seems right, unless there's something I'm not seeing
    edited September 2015
    A

Would u feel the same way if he was a Yankee?

Coops I'm a different breed of fan I don't live and die with the Yankees or any other team. I like seeing them win but regardless of winning or losing my bills still come and my life goes on. It's fair to say for me I would like to see them win but if not it's really no biggie. Now tell me what my other Yankee friends say I'm not a true fan. Maybe not but I'll tell you I'm a true baseball fan and enjoy players from almost every team yes even the Red Sox. I love watching Pedroia play I love watching Cueto pitch so to answer your question it wouldn't bother me at all.
    edited September 2015
    Scott Boras is worried about 5-10% of an 80 mill future contract. Harvey is worried about the remaining 90-95%. Make sense? It's about $$ these days. Loyalty can't buy a mansion in Malibu.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited September 2015
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Coops I'm a different breed of fan I don't live and die with the Yankees or any other team. I like seeing them win but regardless of winning or losing my bills still come and my life goes on. It's fair to say for me I would like to see them win but if not it's really no biggie. Now tell me what my other Yankee friends say I'm not a true fan. Maybe not but I'll tell you I'm a true baseball fan and enjoy players from almost every team yes even the Red Sox. I love watching Pedroia play I love watching Cueto pitch so to answer your question it wouldn't bother me at all.

This reminds me of the scene in "A Bronx Tale", when Sonny tells the kid (who's a big Yankee fan), that Mickey Mantle isn't putting food on your table. I agree with what you say OT, when I was a kid, I lived and died with my teams, I remember actually crying when the Celtics lost in the finals to the Lakers, and if the Dolphins lost a game, stay away from me for a few days. You get older and you realize what's really important in life. Joey Votto is my favorite player, but if he goes 0-4, he still goes home to his mansion and still collects his 200 Million dollars, I also agree about being a fan of baseball, obviously you know I'm a Reds fan, but I also enjoy watching the Royals play, I enjoy watching those young Mets pitchers, and I enjoy watching Miguel Cabrera swing a bat.
    edited September 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Scott Boras is worried about 5-10% of an 80 mill future contract. Harvey is worried about the remaining 90-95%. Make sense? It's about $$ these days. Loyalty can't buy a mansion in Malibu.

He's 26 years old and not into his prime yet, do know how much money he's going to make the next 10 years if healthy. If you don't need him and you mention all the others why so upset. wouldn't it be nice to keep them all healthy for the next 5 years. I agree this should have been mentioned in the very beginning of the season and it could have been handled differently with rest and innings pitched. Like I said in my first post in this thrend and what Ron just said this is all Boras. They had a shot and still do but they're not beating the Cards, Pitt or the Dodgers anyway IMO there young and the pressure innings will catch up to them it already has at times and will only get worst. This year will be a great experience and other then Mattingly Collins will be out-managed badly.
    edited September 2015
    http://www.theplayerstribune.com/matt-harvey-mets-playoffs/

Nice PR move Matt... Go 8 innings Tuesday @ the Nationals and get us the W and we'll take it from there.
    edited September 2015
    METS ASS I mean ACE HARVEY now says he will pitch in playoffs.Funny what a little BAD PR will do.
    I hope he gets traded during the off season.Of course we will take any wins he gives us.lol
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    ANOTHER WIN...MATT looked like he is worth $220 million
    MAGIC # 18
    w2w
    edited September 2015
    How much is Cespedes worth on the open market this off season?

Jesus Christ, this dude is out of this world.

Let's Go Mets!
    edited September 2015
    How much is Cespedes worth on the open market this off season?

The only hole in his game is flyball judgement. He just put the final nail in Williams fate.
    edited September 2015
    He probably would look for a contract like A-ROD.
    BTW MAGIC # is 16.
    w2w