Betting Talk

Buffettgambler Discussion Thread

Comments

• underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Golfer, how many years have you been a ras sub?
    edited January 2015
    h82lose wrote: »
    I understand the overnight can kill numbers for those looking for higher limits later the next day. But if not BG, wouldn't these lines for the most part be picked off for value anyways? I don't do overnight CBB so I'm not keen to this market but you would figure soft openers would be picked one way or another. Just curious.

H2, yes they would be picked off by others and they are the usual suspects, who some here believe would never stab them in the back. Oh well another day another dollar :peace:
  • h82loseh82lose Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    The usual suspects can be anybody pretending to be sharp or not, although it would likely adjust back if they are not. as well as a revolving door of others entering the market. I just don't think you could stop it from happening even if the so called usual suspects stopped
    edited January 2015
    h82lose wrote: »
    The usual suspects can be anybody pretending to be sharp or not, although it would likely adjust back if they are not. as well as a revolving door of others entering the market. I just don't think you could stop it from happening even if the so called usual suspects stopped

Exactly, fresh blood is always entering the game and seeking any edge they can obtain.
    edited January 2015
    This is all quite simple, because Books just don't want to hire and pay pro's what their asking to make the opener, so they rather post a reasonable opener at low limits and let the market shape the opener for full limits the next day. Can you blame them for doing such a thing in such a tiny market.
    Maybe one day soon the Govt will legalize sports wagering in every state and give us no limits like http://www.ibcbet.com/Default.aspx only fully view able with a foreign IP or if you have a proxy.
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    This is all quite simple, because Books just don't want to hire and pay pro's what their asking to make the opener, so they rather post a reasonable opener at low limits and let the market shape the opener for full limits the next day. Can you blame them for doing such a thing in such a tiny market.
    Maybe one day soon the Govt will legalize sports wagering in every state and give us no limits like http://www.ibcbet.com/Default.aspx only fully view able with a foreign IP or if you have a proxy.

Even if they hire pro's they aren't going to get every game right
    edited January 2015
    I know that, but they can still narrow the gap and bring it closer in their favor. How do you measure true market size when no one knows what off screens and locals are taking in. There is still people out there that have never deposited with an offshore and just play in Vegas or with a Local.
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited January 2015
    Hey thanks to buffet these are really nice picks
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    33-21-3 for +10 units thru 1/28
  • lilylily Senior Member
    edited January 2015
    Nice 5-1 day..thanks BG for sharing your work..
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Through 2/1:

41-24-3
    +14.6 units
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    I feel fortunate we have posters with join dates 11 years ago who helpfully inform us that BG totals have moved 4 hours after release.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    and do so in the picks thread to boot :)...
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    And it moved because of other steam
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Bay, keep the chatter in this thread. gracias.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    This doesnt really pertain to BG but I know his threads get a lot of views. Wondering if anyone has the over the unders on televised games this year?
    edited February 2015
    Cpech, what do you mean NON TV totals?
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Cpech, what do you mean NON TV totals?

I worded that terribly, I'm wondering what the record is for televised games vs non televised games for totals? How many have gone over vs how many have stayed under? Seems like every game I watch on CBS Sports, Fox Sports 1 and Fox Sports 2 all go over and much fewer go over on ESPN + ESPN 2
  • BayOceanBayOcean Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Will Do!
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    OMG the Citadel line moved 1/2 a point!
  • Gordon GekkoGordon Gekko Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Reverse jinx
  • Gordon GekkoGordon Gekko Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Ok, BG great run, followed by tough run, new week starts tomorrow. My mother once told me "get ur shit together, ur a better ball player than that"-I Went on to go 14-17 including leading team to NCAA World Series trip. Hoping for best!
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    42-35-5 for +4.6 units

Lots of close games/pushes lately, so results maybe worse if you're not getting the release lines.
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    jm wrote: »
    42-35-5 for +4.6 units

Lots of close games/pushes lately, so results maybe worse if you're not getting the release lines.

Would you happen to have this broken down by sides & totals?
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Record should've read 42-34-5 for +4.6 units

Sides 19-17-2 +0.3units
    Totals 23-17-3 +4.3units
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Gotta love middleing the Colorado game with BG & DrH
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    Gotta love middleing the Colorado game with BG & DrH

Did the Cal Bear miss the 1st and make the 2nd?
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    So the 3 services I follow and BG all have the Arz/Washington under at 147 or 148, yet the line is staying strong at 147. This is scaring me.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    So the 3 services I follow and BG all have the Arz/Washington under at 147 or 148, yet the line is staying strong at 147. This is scaring me.

Find a new hobby.
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited February 2015
    JM- what service do you follow, if I may ask?