Betting Talk

danshan thread

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    watch for Taurasi and Sykes both ????

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 43px"><col width="42"><col width="83"><col width="50"></colgroup><tbody>
    8/10
    Atla
    Dream

8/10
    Indi
    Fever

8/10
    Dall
    Wings

8/10
    Phoe
    Mercury

</tbody>
    edited August 2019
    these teams are just deadly from 3, I mean are you serious, I seen more swish 3's tonight than a Curry highlight reel
  • Gordon GekkoGordon Gekko Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    danshan wrote: »
    watch for Taurasi and Sykes both ????

<style type="text/css"><!--td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}--></style>
    <colgroup><col style="width: 43px"><col width="42"><col width="83"><col width="50"></colgroup><tbody>
    8/10
    Atla
    Dream

8/10
    Indi
    Fever

8/10
    Dall
    Wings

8/10
    Phoe
    Mercury

</tbody>

Taurisi out and waiting word on Sykes, however seems Atlanta beat up a bit with injuries.
    Lynx played their most efficient game of year last night.
  • CajunHustle1979CajunHustle1979 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    Hey Dan i been diving into NFL for last week - updating priors, draft, FA etc. After game 3 preseason i would like to bounce my #s off what your model has if you cool with that.
    edited August 2019
    I would say Sykes is out if its 7 and I am staying away from Dallas, I have been off on Dallas the last few games dont know why.

- - - Updated - - -
    Hey Dan i been diving into NFL for last week - updating priors, draft, FA etc. After game 3 preseason i would like to bounce my #s off what your model has if you cool with that.

I dont do NFL Preseason, I try NFL reg season but I would not say what I have is usually very good. I am glad to play with some numbers and see what I come up with for sure.
    edited August 2019
    I dont do preseason either...but i dont really complete my PRs until after a teams 3rd preseason game. My bad - i was not very clear.

I think all anyone can do is "try" when it comes to the NFL lol. Tough market.
    edited August 2019
    I dont do preseason either...but i dont really complete my PRs until after a teams 3rd preseason game. My bad - i was not very clear.

I think all anyone can do is "try" when it comes to the NFL lol. Tough market.

very tough I never knew how anyone can beat it and even if they did how they have a clue with the tiny sample size until 10 seasons have passed and the rules and style have play have changed 10 times.

I do power rankings for NFL after the season has begun
    edited August 2019
    Yea I will rarely have straight bets until week 3 or 4 regular season. I'll put together teasers and open teasers at the right price ie

2tm -110
    3tm +180
    4tm +300
    edited August 2019
    I have never played a teaser and I cant remember playing any parlays. I usually only play sides and totals
    edited August 2019
    Wong teasers at those odds expected returns.

2tm approx .46%
    3tm approx 6.88%
    4tm approx 10.76%

They will get you booted or limited faily quick at a square book.
    edited August 2019
    I have never played a teaser and I cant remember playing any parlays. I usually only play sides and totals
    Teasers can be profitable if you are getting the right price on them. I see show shops -130/-140 and at those prices forget about it.
    Pre-Season NFL is difficult to many modelers I would think. I hear some stating that it's beatable, although the limits (for larger players) are lower, but you hear people like Trey Wingo saying it's not worth betting the pre-season, which is an ignorant statement and lacking the knowledge of gambling, he shouldn't be putting that out there.
    Some keys that I focus on for Pre-Season NFL is: Practice time vs layoff/travel time. Head coaching philosophy (Harbaugh wants to win, Quinn doesn't mind outcome), QB depth, WR depth, Offensive line depth, Defensive line depth. How many series are starters going to play? Just to name a few..
    edited August 2019
    that is the 3 and 7 thing right?
    edited August 2019
    4tm have been esp profitable for me over last few years but unless you have the open teaser option it's rare to find 4 lines to meet that criteria. Right odds and a book that will not limit you for playing them also

- - - Updated - - -

Completely crossing the 3 and 7. So +1.5 - +2.5 and 7.5 - 8.5. As Gordon said the odds are the other criteria.
    edited August 2019
    Teasers can be profitable if you are getting the right price on them. I see show shops -130/-140 and at those prices forget about it.
    Pre-Season NFL is difficult to many modelers I would think. I hear some stating that it's beatable, although the limits (for larger players) are lower, but you hear people like Trey Wingo saying it's not worth betting the pre-season, which is an ignorant statement and lacking the knowledge of gambling, he shouldn't be putting that out there.
    Some keys that I focus on for Pre-Season NFL is: Practice time vs layoff/travel time. Head coaching philosophy (Harbaugh wants to win, Quinn doesn't mind outcome), QB depth, WR depth, Offensive line depth, Defensive line depth. How many series are starters going to play? Just to name a few..

for the teasers it seems complicated to quantify value with them or more complex, one thing I am sure I dont need is more complex.

see my issue with those things you state on preseason is I really cant put an actual number on some of those things.
    Harbaugh wants to win, what is that worth to the line? that is why I usually avoid them.
    edited August 2019

I personally do not bet preseason - but i do know guys who are profitable. I expect RAS wouldnt either unless he believes he has an edge.
    edited August 2019
    I personally do not bet preseason - but i do know guys who are profitable. I expect RAS wouldnt either unless he believes he has an edge.

It's for some people and not others and fully understand one's who do and others. To each their own. Gl Sir..
    edited August 2019
    for kicks lets do philly and jax see what side and totals you guys come up with before the lines come out.

I am going to do it right now
    edited August 2019
    for the teasers it seems complicated to quantify value with them or more complex, one thing I am sure I dont need is more complex.

see my issue with those things you state on preseason is I really cant put an actual number on some of those things.
    Harbaugh wants to win, what is that worth to the line? that is why I usually avoid them.

For me and from my experience i will wait until night before or day of with lines are sharpest and meet the criteria.
    edited August 2019
    my absolutely flawless projected line
    Eagles -1.5
    Total 35
    edited August 2019
    for kicks lets do philly and jax see what side and totals you guys come up with before the lines come out.

I am going to do it right now

No idea for preseason game script.
    With that being said -1.35 Philly raw #

Not smart enough for totals
    edited August 2019
    we both had philly -1.5 that means it will be JAX -6 LOL
    edited August 2019
    Pick another 1 dan. Im paper and pen bro...give me a minute.

Regual season.
    edited August 2019
    reg season already has lines out so I cant do it without bias
    edited August 2019
    You have lines out for every reg season game?
    edited August 2019

I see ur point. Obviously current PR will hold no value week 3 reg season...just fun intellectually.
    edited August 2019

I am saying the reg season NFL games have lines out already for all weeks, so if I did it I would not do it fair, I would cheat and use the current line. these preseason games dont have any lines yet
    edited August 2019
    I am saying the reg season NFL games have lines out already for all weeks, so if I did it I would not do it fair, I would cheat and use the current line. these preseason games dont have any lines yet

I would say dont cheat haha but i understand no worries👍
    edited August 2019
    I am betting again, I bet it yesterday at -160ish and it was delayed now its down -139, I think -139 is too low

BET
    Robert Bautista Agut ML -139
    edited August 2019
    Sykes will play now
  • John1689John1689 Junior Member
    edited August 2019
    Wong teasers at those odds expected returns.

2tm approx .46%
    3tm approx 6.88%
    4tm approx 10.76%

They will get you booted or limited faily quick at a square book.

How are you calculating these edges?