acetotenacetoten Senior Member
edited January 2018 in Sports Betting
I'm seeing New england -5 or 6 and total around 48

Comments

• 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    acetoten wrote: »
    I'm seeing New england -5 or 6 and total around 48

Not sure about Gronk, still no Edelman, PI calls gave NE the game, they looked very beatable vs Jax ......Gotta lean Eagles + points IMO.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2018
    Wishing I had taken Eagles +7 in look-ahead lines from before yesterday. Being an Eagles fan who doesn't actively cap NFL sides, figured I was being a homer. Oh well. Fly Eagles Fly!
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    I think it is way way too early to bet anything, lots of ifs and injuries. is Foles great too or was Wentz not as good as the world says and that D line and team is a fucking stone wall
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2018
    2sportguy wrote: »
    , PI calls gave NE the game

Embrace the hate.

Didn't see the first PI call but the 2nd was a mugging. If Ramsey didn't do it, NE would have had the ball there anyway since he was beaten on the play.

It's like listening to the Jags bitch about the difference in penalties, which was only 6 to 1. That tells nothing. there are two types of penalties, obvious ones and "opinion" ones. Opinion ones are holding, PI, things of that nature. Some are obvious of course but like a strike zone in baseball, all refs have a level of calling them. Some refs let guys play more. Obvious ones are delay of game, false start, things that every idiot watching on TV can see. NE's penalty was holding. 0 obvious ones, because they are disciplined. Jax had 2 PI's, like I said didnt see the first one but the 2nd one was pretty blatant. They had an unnecessary roughness on the Gronk hit. Those hits have been called all year. They had a holding call that was declined on 3rd and long, play was a sack. Besides those, they had 3 obvious penalties, false start, delay of game, illegal shift. Basically, opinion penalties were 2 to 1. The refs let them play but why let common sense get in the way of hatred and jealousy.
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    StevieY wrote: »
    Embrace the hate.

Didn't see the first PI call but the 2nd was a mugging. If Ramsey didn't do it, NE would have had the ball there anyway since he was beaten on the play.

It's like listening to the Jags bitch about the difference in penalties, which was only 6 to 1. That tells nothing. there are two types of penalties, obvious ones and "opinion" ones. Opinion ones are holding, PI, things of that nature. Some are obvious of course but like a strike zone in baseball, all refs have a level of calling them. Some refs let guys play more. Obvious ones are delay of game, false start, things that every idiot watching on TV can see. NE's penalty was holding. 0 obvious ones, because they are disciplined. Jax had 2 PI's, like I said didnt see the first one but the 2nd one was pretty blatant. They had an unnecessary roughness on the Gronk hit. Those hits have been called all year. They had a holding call that was declined on 3rd and long, play was a sack. Besides those, they had 3 obvious penalties, false start, delay of game, illegal shift. Basically, opinion penalties were 2 to 1. The refs let them play but why let common sense get in the way of hatred and jealousy.

only problem I had with the refs yesterday was blowing the whistle on the Jack strip/fumble/recovery...he looked to be gone as the Pats were too stunned to react, and the zebras are schooled to keep the whistle quiet, let the play go and correct if necessary, after the fact...
  • munson15munson15 Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    oh, and I like PHI +6/U48...