Betting Talk

RAS basketball

cdavisubscdavisubs Banned
edited January 2016 in Sports Betting
The plays are beyond bad. Not even close. How can you be this bad and have people pay this much?

Comments

• HatHat Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Is this Golfer's brother? Happy New Year Everyone
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited January 2016
    cdavisubs wrote: »
    The plays are beyond bad. Not even close. How can you be this bad and have people pay this much?

43-41 and -1.65 units is "beyond bad"? And to answer your question, here is why:

2014-2015: 189-176, -2.85 UNITS
    2013-2014: 105-87, +9.55 UNITS
    2012-2013: 101-55, +43.00 UNITS
    2011-2012: 173-133, +30.05 UNITS
    2010-2011: 232-220, -8.60 UNITS
    2009-2010: 265-188, +61.10 UNITS
    2008-2009: 272-215, +40.85 UNITS
    2007-2008: 159-122, +18.45 UNITS
    2006-2007: 78-46, +19.45 UNITS
    2005-2006: 76-64, +7.45 UNITS
    2004-2005: 86-76, +1.15 UNITS
    2003-2004: 77-68*, +3.10 UNITS
    2002-2003: 45-33, +11.50 UNITS
    2001-2002: 60-50, +11.60 UNITS
    2000-2001: 59-50, +1.80 UNITS
    1999-2000: 68-62, +5.50 UNITS
  • cdavisubscdavisubs Banned
    edited January 2016
    TommyL wrote: »
    43-41 and -1.65 units is "beyond bad"? And to answer your question, here is why:

2014-2015: 189-176, -2.85 UNITS
    2013-2014: 105-87, +9.55 UNITS
    2012-2013: 101-55, +43.00 UNITS
    2011-2012: 173-133, +30.05 UNITS
    2010-2011: 232-220, -8.60 UNITS
    2009-2010: 265-188, +61.10 UNITS
    2008-2009: 272-215, +40.85 UNITS
    2007-2008: 159-122, +18.45 UNITS
    2006-2007: 78-46, +19.45 UNITS
    2005-2006: 76-64, +7.45 UNITS
    2004-2005: 86-76, +1.15 UNITS
    2003-2004: 77-68*, +3.10 UNITS
    2002-2003: 45-33, +11.50 UNITS
    2001-2002: 60-50, +11.60 UNITS
    2000-2001: 59-50, +1.80 UNITS
    1999-2000: 68-62, +5.50 UNITS

All of these matter when they were doing a full game service. They have honestly become a joke since they started offering packages a year ago. Just like every other service and offering bullshit packages now.
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited January 2016
    The last 2 years have been pretty horrible. You gotta understand, that record is a little skewed. RAS subscribers are simply not getting down on every good number. It is just not humanly possible to be perfect. Add to this the fact that it seems like half the time, he releases a half point better than is available literally any shop. For example, u76.5 for a 2nd half? I see a 76 total everywhere, which then moves to 75 and 74 with the RAS steam, so getting down at u76 is still good, but when he has all those u76.5s in his record for all those years, he's gonna pick up a few extra units here and there.

I'd honestly like a good explanation though, especially for this year. Why is he going with the 2nd halves? Those great results, those 40 and 60 unit years? Those were all full game college basketball totals. There's a total up for every college basketball game this year, or at least on pinny-based books there's a line for a lot of them.

What happened? Why go against what worked so well for so many years? That's all I'd like to know.
  • speedboyspeedboy Member
    edited January 2016
    capthook wrote: »
    The last 2 years have been pretty horrible. You gotta understand, that record is a little skewed. RAS subscribers are simply not getting down on every good number. It is just not humanly possible to be perfect. Add to this the fact that it seems like half the time, he releases a half point better than is available literally any shop. For example, u76.5 for a 2nd half? I see a 76 total everywhere, which then moves to 75 and 74 with the RAS steam, so getting down at u76 is still good, but when he has all those u76.5s in his record for all those years, he's gonna pick up a few extra units here and there.

I'd honestly like a good explanation though, especially for this year. Why is he going with the 2nd halves? Those great results, those 40 and 60 unit years? Those were all full game college basketball totals. There's a total up for every college basketball game this year, or at least on pinny-based books there's a line for a lot of them.

What happened? Why go against what worked so well for so many years? That's all I'd like to know.

bad year for everyone look at drh
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    The question that should be asked to RAS is, "How are you guys doing betting FULL games for your pocket?" LOL
    edited January 2016
    Bunch of fucking idiots they are!
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    I don't agree that he releases numbers that are not widely available. I have never seen him do that so I will definetly not say that. (Not to mention you can go back and track the line history with all of his releases) In fact I got -5 at one out today on the South Dakota release. And have gotten better numbers for this years second half cbb service as frequently as I've gotten worse numbers. The numbers just move fast but have been very easy to get compared to cfb/cbb in years past. I think that is because there is no set release time so books have no clue when a play may come. Also, subs aren't sitting by the computer all night either like they would be with a set release time.

Results: we are 84 credits into the season and there is no profit. That is not good. Everyone is gonna have to buy more credits in 16 games and it's really fucking hard to justify that when we are already losing.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Bunch of fucking idiots they are!

Keep your criticism respectful or you will be banned. First and last warning.
    edited January 2016
    Ban me. I dont give a fuck. Start winning.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2016
    Ban me. I dont give a fuck. Start winning.

You got it.
    edited January 2016
    As for why he's not doing full games, he has a good explanation for that and I don't blame him. Problem though is he will have to go back to that if he's negative with this years second half service, or doesn't show a decent profit.

As for trying to compare RAS to DrH - hahahahaha!!!
    That's like comparing gold to fucking silver. If I cared what DrH was doing then I would buy his service. But I don't.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    from first post to banned in less than an hour..that may be a record..
  • HatHat Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    kcburgh wrote: »
    from first post to banned in less than an hour..that may be a record..

Classic
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Not being a subscriber but looking at results it is curious to me that 75% of the total plays have been unders given that you have to deal with fouls at the end and possible OT to where you even if you handicap it right you might still lose given those factors. I do realize that the second half is typically lined 10 points higher than the first half so there is that but it seems like they are looking for unders just my observation given the small sample size.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    What I'll never understand is how someone can get so upset about a service they choose to pay for. I would understand if this were his first season of recent losing but that's not the case. Just stop using the service.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Hey, some guys are new to the game and expect immediate results for good $$ spent. Plus, emotions run high during the holiday season. Sometimes you make good investments and others well........watch this short clip and see what i mean about investments. No translator needed.

http://safeshare.tv/w/ZXQqOdKCMp
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited January 2016

Was only .500 at 2h plays last year so deciding to base an entire years service around something that is relatively unproven is a gamble. Not looking good for sure so far.

As usual expectations were probably too high for everyone ( myself included ) but most concerning are the blowout losses, no doubt.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    Mustang wrote: »
    Not being a subscriber but looking at results it is curious to me that 75% of the total plays have been unders given that you have to deal with fouls at the end and possible OT to where you even if you handicap it right you might still lose given those factors. I do realize that the second half is typically lined 10 points higher than the first half so there is that but it seems like they are looking for unders just my observation given the small sample size.

there is some sick value on 2h unders in ncaab in certain situations. I bet 65% unders in that market and have crushed for years. The last week was horrendous for 2h total bettors. I went something like 2-18.

i've been on same side as RAS a ton the last week ( usually at a better # though), so I think they just running bad.
    edited January 2016
    Ronbets wrote: »
    The question that should be asked to RAS is, "How are you guys doing betting FULL games for your pocket?" LOL

I don't think anyones doing real well so far (just a guess)
    edited January 2016
    Problem with second half unders is you can never stop watching them. Game gets within foul range late and your screwed. OT obviously a major problem too. They have never made much since to me unless the team favored is up really big at halftime. Just to significantly limit your chances of the 2 things I just mentioned. Just don't like them much this year with the shot clock change. Teams get to play a whole half of basketball to figure out the opponents defensive strategies and matchup problems. Now they will be shooting faster with the same efficiency as years prior. I'm not betting any cbb on my own this year, just betting what RAS sends me.

I'm not even familiar with how steam has faired this year so far. The blowout losses are concerning I agree. Most of those have been with the second half under plays I think.
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited January 2016
    durito wrote: »
    I don't think anyones doing real well so far (just a guess)

Opening line killing closing line this year.
    edited January 2016
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Problem with second half unders is you can never stop watching them. Game gets within foul range late and your screwed. OT obviously a major problem too. They have never made much since to me unless the team favored is up really big at halftime. Just to significantly limit your chances of the 2 things I just mentioned. Just don't like them much this year with the shot clock change. Teams get to play a whole half of basketball to figure out the opponents defensive strategies and matchup problems. Now they will be shooting faster with the same efficiency as years prior. I'm not betting any cbb on my own this year, just betting what RAS sends me.

I'm not even familiar with how steam has faired this year so far. The blowout losses are concerning I agree. Most of those have been with the second half under plays I think.

The hardest to make bets are usually the best ones. But yea ncaab unders are fking lol sometimes. Like u23 1min left, yea i've lost that more than once. Feel like you need a 30pt cushion for last 2minutes to be safe. Nevertheless I've done the best on those of any bet I've ever made, so definitely some value there.

Dunno about how the rule changes affect, was doing really well until a week ago, now around even. I'm not kidding on the 2-18
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited January 2016
    durito wrote: »
    The hardest to make bets are usually the best ones. But yea ncaab unders are fking lol sometimes. Like u23 1min left, yea i've lost that more than once. Feel like you need a 30pt cushion for last 2minutes to be safe. Nevertheless I've done the best on those of any bet I've ever made, so definitely some value there.

Dunno about how the rule changes affect, was doing really well until a week ago, now around even. I'm not kidding on the 2-18

Mine has been on overs, played an unusually high % of them. I am 20-12-1 vs the 1st half number, then the scoring just stops, 14-19 vs game. Haven't won a single bet that wasn't winning or pushing the 1st half total at halftime so I am missing the other side of those under blowups(but i have been on one under blowup, 9 pts scored in the last 44 sec of a 20+ pt blowout).
    edited January 2016
    StevieY wrote: »
    Mine has been on overs, played an unusually high % of them. I am 20-12-1 vs the 1st half number, then the scoring just stops, 14-19 vs game. Haven't won a single bet that wasn't winning or pushing the 1st half total at halftime so I am missing the other side of those under blowups(but i have been on one under blowup, 9 pts scored in the last 44 sec of a 20+ pt blowout).

Oh yea I was talking in general. Last week I think every 2h over I had lost badly. Most were games with real fast pace 1h that just died 2h.

For the yeaf full game i've been playing about 50/50 o/u and am around 50%.
  • linescorplinescorp Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    I'm not even familiar with how steam has faired this year so far
    nothing like years past...so far to date
    edited January 2016
    linescorp wrote: »
    nothing like years past...so far to date

Does that mean steam has been getting killed?
    edited January 2016
    StevieY wrote: »

Just got some nice second half luck in North Texas
  • linescorplinescorp Junior Member
    edited January 2016
    Does that mean steam has been getting killed?

as of 12/22/2015 only steam sides are showing a profit... (512 sides played, 636 totals played)
    edited January 2016
    You'd have to define steam here? Movement in totals market has been non-existent. Chasing 1/2 pt moves is never going to profitable.