Betting Talk

Brother Ted has Lung, Brain and Bone Cancer. Help Plz

BiggTBiggT Senior Member
edited January 2016 in Sports Betting
I emailed Edward and got the ok from him. Thanks Ed

My younger brother Ted (age 54) was just diagnosed with brain cancer, lung cancer and bone cancer. Last January he had this third heart operation and everything was looking up. Until the Monday after Thanksgiving when he was given this news. Surgery is not an option. Right now he is going thru radiation to hopefully shrink the brain lesions. Once the test results come back from his PET scan, he will have to determine whether he wants to go through chemotherapy and more radiation. He doesn't want to add quantity to his life, unless it means he will have quality of life. His youngest child is 16 years old and his goal is to see him graduate high school - which is another 2 1/2 years! He has a very good attitude about things and is trying to live everyday to the fullest. He recently had to file bankruptcy and is now unable to go to work because of the possibility of seizures, etc. We are having a benefit for him on January 10th - lunch, silent auction, live auction, bake sale, bands, etc. There is also an account set up for him on line - Go Fund Me . com. I will post the link below. Any donation would be greatly appreciated. Go Fund Me, however, does take a percentage of your donation. I hope it is okay with Ed if I post my personal email also below for those who which to contact me directly about making a donation that way. I will make sure Ted's benefit committee receives any donations made. If anyone has something to donate for the auction, please contact me also contact me and I will give you my mailing address in a personal email. We thank you all for your prayers and support. I am very proud to be a senior member of the Betting Talk Forum. I also want to thank Edward and his staff for allowing me to post this on our forum. God Bless and Happy Holidays. Thanks BiggT

If you do donate, in your message, Please say your from the Bettingtalk Forum. Ted will be so touched.

Ted's gofundme is https://www.gofundme.com/m9deg4v8

My personal email is [email protected]

Comments

• BiggTBiggT Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Thanks to those who have donated. Much appreciated
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Hopefully he has already applied for Social Security Disability. Turn in surgical path or CT/PET scan with the application. Will be allowed immediately. There is a 5 month waiting period from disability onset date though.
    edited December 2015
    Ted is waiting on his medical reports and keeps getting the go around.
  • StricknineStricknine Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    With metastatic cancer, not much is needed to get approved. SSA will order records themselves and may be a faster process, so go ahead and start the process. You can apply online. Make sure to put stage 4 cancer or metastatic cancer as an allegation. A top level examiner will get it and will be given priority. Usually tell people to turn in the surgical path or imaging showing metastasis if they can. Takes the examiner and MD minutes to approve the claim.
  • ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    Thoughts and prayers for your brother & the family...I know how you feel...God bless
    edited December 2015
    ggm1976 wrote: »
    Thoughts and prayers for your brother & the family...I know how you feel...God bless

Much appreciated my friend
  • billcomptonbillcompton Banned
    edited December 2015
    Tried to donate 100 but its asking for credit card. Why no paypal? I don't like entering credit card info into these sites. Let me know if you can set it up with paypal.
    edited December 2015
    Tried to donate 100 but its asking for credit card. Why no paypal? I don't like entering credit card info into these sites. Let me know if you can set it up with paypal.

If you want to pay by Paypal, please send me a email and I'll tell you where you can send it so you don't need to use your credit card.

My email is [email protected] and Thanks for your donation to Teddy
    edited December 2015
    BiggT wrote: »
    I emailed Edward and got the ok from him. Thanks Ed

My younger brother Ted (age 54) was just diagnosed with brain cancer, lung cancer and bone cancer. Last January he had this third heart operation and everything was looking up. Until the Monday after Thanksgiving when he was given this news. Surgery is not an option. Right now he is going thru radiation to hopefully shrink the brain lesions. Once the test results come back from his PET scan, he will have to determine whether he wants to go through chemotherapy and more radiation. He doesn't want to add quantity to his life, unless it means he will have quality of life. His youngest child is 16 years old and his goal is to see him graduate high school - which is another 2 1/2 years! He has a very good attitude about things and is trying to live everyday to the fullest. He recently had to file bankruptcy and is now unable to go to work because of the possibility of seizures, etc. We are having a benefit for him on January 10th - lunch, silent auction, live auction, bake sale, bands, etc. There is also an account set up for him on line - Go Fund Me . com. I will post the link below. Any donation would be greatly appreciated. Go Fund Me, however, does take a percentage of your donation. I hope it is okay with Ed if I post my personal email also below for those who which to contact me directly about making a donation that way. I will make sure Ted's benefit committee receives any donations made. If anyone has something to donate for the auction, please contact me also contact me and I will give you my mailing address in a personal email. We thank you all for your prayers and support. I am very proud to be a senior member of the Betting Talk Forum. I also want to thank Edward and his staff for allowing me to post this on our forum. God Bless and Happy Holidays. Thanks BiggT

If you do donate, in your message, Please say your from the Bettingtalk Forum. Ted will be so touched.

Ted's gofundme is https://www.gofundme.com/m9deg4v8

My personal email is [email protected]

If you want to pay by Paypal, please send me a email and I'll tell you where you can send it so you don't need to use your credit card.
    edited December 2015

My Paypal is the same as my email [email protected]
  • billcomptonbillcompton Banned
    edited December 2015
    My Paypal is the same as my email [email protected]

Sent $97.36. I had 97.36 left in my account after renewing my subscription with bettingresource and i transferred what i had left in my paypal.

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 2J772964090593923)

Sent to:
    Thomas Barnes (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
    Email:
    [email protected]
    Amount sent:
    -$97.36 USD
    Fee amount:
    $0.00 USD
    Net amount:
    -$97.36 USD

Date:
    22-Dec-2015
    Time:
    07:56:31 PST
    Completed

Subject:
    You have sent $97.36 USD to Thomas Barnes with PayPal
    Note:
    bettingtalk user BillCompton
    Funding Type:
    PayPal Balance
    Funding Source:
    $97.36 USD - PayPal Account
    edited December 2015
    Sent $97.36. I had 97.36 left in my account after renewing my subscription with bettingresource and i transferred what i had left in my paypal.

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID # 2J772964090593923)

Sent to:
    Thomas Barnes (The recipient of this payment is Verified)
    Email:
    [email protected]
    Amount sent:
    -$97.36 USD
    Fee amount:
    $0.00 USD
    Net amount:
    -$97.36 USD

Date:
    22-Dec-2015
    Time:
    07:56:31 PST
    Completed

Subject:
    You have sent $97.36 USD to Thomas Barnes with PayPal
    Note:
    bettingtalk user BillCompton
    Funding Type:
    PayPal Balance
    Funding Source:
    $97.36 USD - PayPal Account

Bill, I received your donation and I will get it to Ted's committee at the next meeting and God Bless you for your kindness.
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    BigT, I just send you my remaining balance from my paypal 78.74 I used the "family friends send function" so paypal doesn't take any fees from you. Hope you brother gets better and he will be in my prayers. God bless
    edited December 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    BigT, I just send you my remaining balance from my paypal 78.74 I used the "family friends send function" so paypal doesn't take any fees from you. Hope you brother gets better and he will be in my prayers. God bless

Its really touching especially at Christmas time to donate to Ted, I told Ted about our members donating and here is Teds responce, I keep updated to the minute with Ted on yahoo messenger

barrny5: THAT IS SO FREAKING AWESOME WHAT LOVE STILL IN THIS WORLD CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?
    edited December 2015
    Just bumping this incase anyone else would like the infomation on my younger brother Ted
    edited December 2015
    I want to say that I received another very nice donation for Ted. That makes 9 donations. Thanks for your kindness
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    I just sent in a donation, I left my name out ofpublic view. I did write in my bettingtalk handle on the private viewing.

I hope all works out for your brother and family. Good luck !!
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited December 2015
    buythehook wrote: »
    I just sent in a donation, I left my name out ofpublic view. I did write in my bettingtalk handle on the private viewing.

Same here and God will bless
    edited December 2015
    Thanks okie for your kindness
    edited December 2015
    buythehook wrote: »

Thanks so much for your kindness
    edited January 2016
    I have received 4 more donations for Ted and that makes 12 from this site. Can not thank you enough. Update on Ted is he is very weak and going to try to start his chemo this coming Monday and is way to weak and sick to make his own benefit. Prayers please.