Betting Talk

41 Bowl games this year

rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
edited November 2015 in Sports Betting
Just read that bowl season will have 41 games..... Could we see a 5-7 team get an invite ?

Comments

• MookdoggMookdogg Member
    edited November 2015
    Yes for sure, looks like maybe a few
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I CAN LOSE ON 5-7 TEAMS OR 11-0 TEAMS JUST A WELL
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    It is a sad thing to see
    Losing teams in bowl games
    No one in stands to watch game
    More people at high school football games; many more at soccer matches here locally
    Yet some network will carry, and some corporations will advertise
    FWIW

Currently only 75 teams that are bowl elgible
  • rcmoneyrcmoney Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    128 teams play FBS football and you reward 82 teams that's a joke - at least FCS has a 24 team playoff system for the 123 teams that play .
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    rcmoney wrote: »
    128 teams play FBS football and you reward 82 teams that's a joke - at least FCS has a 24 team playoff system for the 123 teams that play .

For most of those teams it's not a reward, it's extra practice time instead of family time around the holidays and quite often a trip to some reasonably cold 2nd or 3rd tier city. You think any of these kids think a trip to Boise for the Potato Bowl is a reward?

Those rewarded are us as every game is a gambling opportunity.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Simple-- the coaches love it for all the extra practices.

rcmoney wrote: »

And Div 1-A can't even manage a lousy 8 team playoff. Let alone 16 teams. I've heard that as soon as they see my death notice in the papers, they'll go to the 24 team playoff.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I've heard that as soon as they see my death notice in the papers, they'll go to the 24 team playoff.

Nah, you are a survivor. You beat the Grim Reaper especially when your old job sent you through NLV. You gotta a ways to go.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Nah, you are a survivor. You beat the Grim Reaper especially when your old job sent you through NLV. You gotta a ways to go.

Yeah, I'll probably last another 30 years or so--- but no faith that we'll have a bigger playoff by then.
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited November 2015
    I think they need 6 more teams. Hope they take e car over Mizzou for the 6th slot. Can't watch mu's offense anymore this year.
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2015
    GooseSTL wrote: »
    I think they need 6 more teams. Hope they take e car over Mizzou for the 6th slot. Can't watch mu's offense anymore this year.

Missouri declined already.