Betting Talk

direc tv packages

jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
edited October 2015 in Sports Betting
Hard to get discounts on packages these days. I've been with them since 1994 averaging $300 a month bill. That's $72,000. And I can no longer get a sports package discounted. Nothing I can do that I need the channels. I wish they had some competition out there.

Comments

• originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    I cannot get a discount either
    They completely control Ecuador
    Best
  • jackets4jackets4 Member
    edited October 2015
    jakenhl wrote: »
    Hard to get discounts on packages these days. I've been with them since 1994 averaging $300 a month bill. That's $72,000. And I can no longer get a sports package discounted. Nothing I can do that I need the channels. I wish they had some competition out there.

You need to tell them you want to cancel because the alternative is better (dish, cable, etc).
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited October 2015
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    TommyL wrote: »
    That's good stuff Tommy.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    TommyL wrote: »

Jake

I came very close to that. Just a bit of unwanted advice. When my supervisor would tell me that a guest didn't want a players card or give up his name there was two things I would thing of one he was lazy and just told me he asked and the customer said No. So I would say okay and just remember who it was. As I made my rounds and see that the same supervisor would have no ratings or very few and tell me the same story and was honestly asking I would tell him to change his approach it's most likely his approach not the guest.
    I'm with Directv for over 20 years and if I tell you what I get you wouldn't believe it. Anybody tells you to threaten to leave what happens when someone say's were sorry to see you go. It can happen. Don't lie because it's all in the computer and don't threaten. Try starting the conversation with something like how's the weather where your your at they tell you now were they are now. I was on the phone with a girl for 1 hour and 20 minutes and she kept finding things to give me. I speak the thruth. sometimes they will said I'll give you 1/2 price instead of saying can you do better ask what other promotions do you have and they may say I can also give you $20 a month off your bill for the next 12 months. then tell them about Vegas well I do anyway have you ever been we quickly bond. my point change the way you ask or call another day and another day.
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    OT is your time on the phone with the retention dept or just a general sales person? Thanks
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    golfguru1 wrote: »
    OT is your time on the phone with the retention dept or just a general sales person? Thanks

Not OT--- but, I've found the regular agents will give you nothing. Ask for retentions.
    edited October 2015
    golfguru1 wrote: »

Always ask for the Retention Dept. The general sales dept can do very little.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    jakenhl wrote: »
    I always asked for the "Retention Dept" but now I would ask for "The Customer Loyalty Dept". I did so three weeks after going thru the retention dept and received much steeper and better discounts. Again, try "The Customer Loyalty Department" and good luck.
  • LatchdogLatchdog Member
    edited October 2015
    I always asked for the "Retention Dept" but now I would ask for "The Customer Loyalty Dept". I did so three weeks after going thru the retention dept and received much steeper and better discounts. Again, try "The Customer Loyalty Department" and good luck.

is that after one gets the live operator?
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited October 2015
    Latchdog wrote: »
    is that after one gets the live operator?
    Yes.......
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited October 2015

Thanks Buckybadger your info and 15 min. on the phone just saved me 450 bucks.
    edited October 2015

A new and improved program I like it..