Betting Talk

Mayweather/Pacquiao

buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
edited May 2015 in Sports Betting
I don't usually bet boxing , but I will be watching tonight? Anyone have some thoughts on any props or who will win tonight.

**Does Mayweather have money on himself?? Loll

I watched him put a 100k on a first half NBA play on a ESPN documentary and he won.

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited May 2015
    buythehook wrote: »
    I watched him put a 100k on a first half NBA play on a ESPN documentary and he won.

Pocket change.
  • buckeyesbuckeyes Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    FWIW Mayweather should be around a -450 favorite IMO.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    KO Pacquiao
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Line opened at -250 currently -180
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Line opened at -250 currently -180

Every guy I know what's to see mayweather get killed, that makes me wanna put money on him to win. I believe most of the public feels the same way.

I have a client that is an old school boxing guy, knows his stuff. He said he can see manny winning this fight so they can plan a second fight and make even more money. I know that's along the line of conspiracy theory bullshit, but it makes total sense.
    edited May 2015
    KO Pacquiao

Pac hasn't knocked anyone out in 6 years and he's been fighting blown up JR Welterweights and guys that have no defense. So what makes you think he can KO one of the best defensive fighters ever who also happens to have the best chin in boxing?
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    I haven't played it yet, but I'll be on Mayweather
    edited May 2015
    I have a client that is an old school boxing guy, knows his stuff. He said he can see manny winning this fight so they can plan a second fight and make even more money. I know that's along the line of conspiracy theory bullshit, but it makes total sense.

Could very well be. I used to know a boxing trainer from Jersey City that worked with several Pro's back in the day he passed away like 5 years ago. Guy did 10 years in Lexington Fed for fixing matches and also got accused of whacking one of his own boxer's for voiding a contract. He always used to tell me Marciano's record will never be beat and certain people will see to it that it don't.
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    buckeyes wrote: »
    FWIW Mayweather should be around a -450 favorite IMO.

Agreed. Only way Paq wins is if he lands a stray haymaker. People are rooting for him because Mayweather is so insufferable. And were I not betting on this fight, I'd probably root for him too. But -200 is such a short line for this fight. Floyd's speed, as always, will be the difference. He'll be completely comfortable to outpoint Manny for the majority of this fight and this will likely go the distance. Paq may go into desperation mode around Round 6-7 and try to land the KO but that just opens him up to a potential Mayweather KO. I have no idea why this line is so short.
    edited May 2015
    kane wrote: »
    I haven't played it yet, but I'll be on Mayweather

That line isn't getting much more favorable. Get on it, Kane.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    underwraps wrote: »
    Could very well be. I used to know a boxing trainer from Jersey City that worked with several Pro's back in the day he passed away like 5 years ago. Guy did 10 years in Lexington Fed for fixing matches and also got accused of whacking one of his own boxer's for voiding a contract. He always used to tell me Marciano's record will never be beat and certain people will see to it that it don't.

Great story and I believe that 100%.
    edited May 2015
    line just keeps dropping currently -175 at a couple places
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    maybe 7 years ago manny had a chance. well, guess he still has puncher's chance, but if he doesn't catch lightning in a bottle in the first 3 rounds, it is over. his punch output has dropped. his punch % has dropped. his offense has always been defense. if mayweather is smart, and i believe he is (as evidenced by this fight being 8 years too late), he will do everything to not engage in a slugfest or go toe to toe at any point. make manny chase, pot shot him. the late rounds could turn into an embarrassment with manny plodding forward getting bitch slapped. does he have a plan beyond move forward, side, side throw?

unloading on mayweather to win and a short flyer on him winning by stoppage. either TKO or freddy doesn't want to see manny get too abuse in the championship rounds.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    babaoriley wrote: »
    That line isn't getting much more favorable. Get on it, Kane.

I just laid 180, too much public love for Packy
    edited May 2015
    I can't believe this line dropped below -200 to be honest.
    edited May 2015
    I can't believe this line dropped below -200 to be honest.

I'd be surprised if it didn't close at least -200
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited May 2015
    Its heading towards Money now seems like....
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    who wants to bet on the start time of the fight?
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    + 215 Manny
    Small Wager
    edited May 2015
    What a boring fight that was for the money they made. Very well scripted for 2 guys in their upper 30s.

[video=youtube_share;QK57LJdg4MU]
    edited May 2015
    I was on Mayweather but NOBODY on this board, of all places, has a problem with Pac not disclosing a shoulder injury prior to the fight? Obviously, word didn't get out about it or Mayweather would have been -400 instead of the already ridiculously low -170/-200 that we were seeing...

We all knew that this fight would likely lead to a rematch [the money involved] and this may very well be a ploy for Pac to say "I wasn't 100%, I deserve another chance" but the dude was requesting Toradol shots 2 hours before the fight and his camp knew about this. Just fucking mind-blowing to me that there isn't a bigger uproar about this.
    edited May 2015
    I was on Mayweather but NOBODY on this board, of all places, has a problem with Pac not disclosing a shoulder injury prior to the fight? Obviously, word didn't get out about it or Mayweather would have been -400 instead of the already ridiculously low -170/-200 that we were seeing...

We all knew that this fight would likely lead to a rematch [the money involved] and this may very well be a ploy for Pac to say "I wasn't 100%, I deserve another chance" but the dude was requesting Toradol shots 2 hours before the fight and his camp knew about this. Just fucking mind-blowing to me that there isn't a bigger uproar about this.

The uproar is coming I just read on ESPN there is a civil suit
    http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/12827249/two-fans-file-class-action-lawsuit-manny-pacquiao-undisclosed-injury

Next re-match will take place in the Roman Coliseum to give all fans a fair value with slightly different boxing rules :laugh:
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited May 2015
    Imagine the chutzpah of easy winner Mayweather asking for a rematch? I layed a bad price on FM as noted in an earlier thread, but this was stealing $$.
    edited May 2015
    Yeah me too Ron, I followed you that day in that thread. At least we won.
    All in All, the public did get robbed of their moneys worth.