lakers you need to quit that job :)...
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    kane wrote: »
    DAVIS! BANG!

DAVIS! BANG! the sequel
  • lakers22lakers22 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Nice winning day yest thank you edward. Question are you planning on releasing today or taking today off. Would like to know if you are not releasing would just like to put the phone away and relax for the day if no plays are planned. Thanks

Happy thanksgiving to all
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2014
    lakers22 wrote: »
    Nice winning day yest thank you edward. Question are you planning on releasing today or taking today off. Would like to know if you are not releasing would just like to put the phone away and relax for the day if no plays are planned. Thanks

Happy thanksgiving to all

In case Ed is busy, I highly doubt he's taking the day off or else he would have sent a notice in advance (I also don't think he ever takes a day off, lol). I would expect an update during the specified release window or sooner.
    edited November 2014
    Ok thanks goats...nice to catch a miracle in that uc davis gm last night
  • winupwinup Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    :thumbup:
    edited November 2014
    Wtf is going on ? Got an email w/a play then a tezt 3 mins later? Is the unc gm a play or a mess up?
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited November 2014
    lakers22 wrote: »
    Wtf is going on ? Got an email w/a play then a tezt 3 mins later? Is the unc gm a play or a mess up?

Hope you got that clarified. For better customer service please use [email protected].
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    This might be a dumb question but are people still playing the games if they can't get the release line?
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    3. You cannot undo a pick. If you change your mind, it still counts as part of your W-L record. However, you may pick the other side and eat the vig.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    winner_13 wrote: »
    This might be a dumb question but are people still playing the games if they can't get the release line?

I generally don't. I don't have any statistical evidence, but it feels like a high % of Y, RAS and Dr H picks final scores are way to close to the number.

Only thing worse than missing the #, is getting betting the worse number and getting middled in the sense that RAS won, but your bet lost.
    edited November 2014
    Does anyone have any numbers on this?
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited November 2014
    jm wrote: »
    I generally don't. I don't have any statistical evidence, but it feels like a high % of Y, RAS and Dr H picks final scores are way to close to the number.

Only thing worse than missing the #, is getting betting the worse number and getting middled in the sense that RAS won, but your bet lost.

I've had one game where the line release vs closing line mattered, and that would have been a push instead of a loss.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    winner_13 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any numbers on this?

Each 1/2 pt in a basketball side is worth around 2%. If they play as a 55% play at .5 worse you are about break even and at 1pt worse you are losing money.
    edited November 2014
    durito wrote: »
    Each 1/2 pt in a basketball side is worth around 2%. If they play as a 55% play at .5 worse you are about break even and at 1pt worse you are losing money.

Thanks Durito, Do you have the #s for totals?
  • capthookcapthook Banned
    edited November 2014
    Its not a flat 2% though, for example a half point is worth a lot more when the favorite is -2 than when the favorite is -8.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    capthook wrote: »
    Its not a flat 2% though, for example a half point is worth a lot more when the favorite is -2 than when the favorite is -8.

What number does your DB give you for the values of the 2 and the 8? I have both worth just about 4%, so 2% for the half points.

The 1 is worth a bit less and since the game can't end in a tie the -1 to +1 is only 1 point, not 2, but the 2% figure seems like a reasonable rule of thumb for sides until you're in double digit point spreads.
    edited November 2014
    I use a local..and usually put plays in over phone..today they didn't answer the phone after the first ras play and i couldn't released on the internet...
    edited November 2014
    still calling nobody answering..fwd to customer service...funny thing..well not funny..been losing and now not taking calls..
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I wasn't able to get the 3rd play. As of 801am PST i still haven't received the pick via email (gmail), but did get it via text
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    jm wrote: »
    I wasn't able to get the 3rd play. As of 801am PST i still haven't received the pick via email (gmail), but did get it via text

As of 8:11am PST still waiting for email #3.

I rely on the emails. I assume it was never sent.
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    The 3rd play didn't arrive for almost 6 minutes after the 2nd play. I was talking with an operator so long I was down to asking for Central America soccer lines. I still don't see the advantages of this as opposed to the old countdown page. Everything about this year just seems off.
    edited November 2014
    The 3rd play didn't arrive for almost 6 minutes after the 2nd play. I was talking with an operator so long I was down to asking for Central America soccer lines. I still don't see the advantages of this as opposed to the old countdown page. Everything about this year just seems off.

Countdown page is much better.

In between releases stare at screen and twiddle thumbs. Can't take care of anything else as the new release could hit at anytime (or never if I don't get email).
    It's pointless to not use download page.
    Lines still moving instantly.
    edited November 2014
    Received 3rd play via email a few minutes ago, about 30 minutes late.

(Prior to this no problems with RAS emails).
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Squiggly wrote: »
    Received 3rd play via email a few minutes ago, about 30 minutes late.

(Prior to this no problems with RAS emails).

Third play 30 minutes late FWIW
    edited November 2014
    Never got text on added play email was 5 mins late

White flag is in the air
    edited November 2014
    Email here was after text, which killed play for me.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    Both got here on time for me on the added release.
    edited November 2014
    I can't be the only one that has a book that is taking these RAS off the board the second they are released, even if you are on the phone with them, then reducing limits to $200 for approximately 10 minutes.

Welcome to 2012 (or earlier). You've just been fortunate your books haven't done this long ago.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited November 2014
    I'm putting my first born up if Dartmouth can win by 3 today.