Betting Talk

Sun Belt Week 8............

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited October 2014 in Sports Betting
Texas St -2 1.5 Units

Im officially off the Cajuns bandwagon, after last weeks poor home performance against Ga State. Even though it was a 3 pt win, the Cajuns received the benefit of several calls to help bail them out against a GSU team, that was crushed at home Sat by Ark St. La-Laf came into the year as the unanimous pick to win the Belt this year, and some even mentioned them as a potential non Big 5 threat for the BCS. Even though they were horrible in non league play the thought was that they would turn it around when conference play started. They had a bye week prior to the Ga St game, and still continued to play poorly. They have been horrible on defense, and are at the bottom of the country in TO margin, having only foced 1 turnover all season, which is an incredible number. They are again this week, trying to rearrange defensive players, which is a desperate attempt to try and stop anyone. There is a good chance they will also be w/o their leading tackler tonight. Texas St is much improved on offense, and runs a very difficult offense to defend. They have a very good running QB, and 2 solid RBs. One thing that does concern me is how the calls will go in a close game. The league proved last week it will do whatever it takes to get ULL bowl eligible, so they can send them to the New Orleans bowl again, to sell 30,000 plus tickets. Ive just seen nothing this year out of them however, to think they will go on the road and beat a decent team.

Comments

• SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    http://georgiastatesports.blog.ajc.com/2014/10/06/sun-belt-wont-comment-on-officiating-error-in-georgia-state-game/

Heres the story about the officiating in the Ga St game, if you want to read the recap. The league finally apoligized for screwing up the downs.
  • helmuthelmut Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    Another thing about ULL is the offense has not done well against the team totals indicating the offense is under achieving. Just 4-11-1 the last two years and 0-4 this year. Think I will join you on this pick.
    edited October 2014
    helmut wrote: »
    Another thing about ULL is the offense has not done well against the team totals indicating the offense is under achieving. Just 4-11-1 the last two years and 0-4 this year. Think I will join you on this pick.

I rarely ever quit on a bet at halftime, but this one has no chance, awful play.

Under 28 2nd half. 1 unit
    edited October 2014
    Adding:

Troy -6.5 1 Unit
  • Pepper BrooksPepper Brooks Senior Member
    edited October 2014
    SunBelter wrote: »
    Adding:

Troy -6.5 1 Unit

With you on the Troy play; really like that side.