Betting Talk

British Open

BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
edited July 2014 in Sports Betting
Just some stuff I played. Feel to add your thoughts.

Furyk misses cut +200
J. Walker Top USA finisher +2200
Jason Day Top 10 finish +355

1st Round
H. English +105 vs. Casey
R. Fisher -120 vs. T. Fleetwood

Before anyone gets excited, these numbers are from my spot, did not compare them to Pinnacle.

Comments

• turksureturksure Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Looks like someone else likes English also. Played these; 7004 Scott -130, 7014 Garcia -145, 7052 Schwartzel +105; following this longshot half speed 7093 Uihlein +190. GL

Lines are from 5dimes
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited July 2014
    3rd round
    Walker +105 vs Furyk
  • 60feetheat60feetheat Member
    edited July 2014
    I am not sure why you would go against Furyk on this course he has played great golf here in the last Open here he finished 4th. I picked Furyk before the tourney to win this whole thing and I am still sticking by this however it looks slim at the moment. That's why its called gambling we all have our reasons why. Good Luck
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    60feetheat wrote: »
    I am not sure why you would go against Furyk on this course he has played great golf here in the last Open here he finished 4th. I picked Furyk before the tourney to win this whole thing and I am still sticking by this however it looks slim at the moment. That's why its called gambling we all have our reasons why. Good Luck

Shouldn't you bring this up, before the tourney starts, not AFTER, Furyk has already made the cut? This ex post facto bullshit always looks bad.
  • SnakeheadSnakehead Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Shouldn't you bring this up, before the tourney starts, not AFTER, Furyk has already made the cut? This ex post facto bullshit always looks bad.
    60feetheat may have been commenting about BK's 3rd ROUND PLAY, which hadn't started at the time of his post. His other comments are explaining that he liked Furyk before the tournament started, and still do, going forward, i.e., the 3rd round. I don't/didn't see that as 'ex-post facto bullshit'. I can't even see it as bragging about his pre-tourney pick of Furyk to win because he says 'it looks slim' that it will win 'at the moment'.
    edited July 2014
    60feetheat wrote: »
    I similarly had Walker winning this event, I thought this course setup well from him.
    Your analysis on Furyk seems to have been pretty good, course playing short is working out for him and I lucked into a push on 3rd round, but if the matchup comes up again tomorrow will take Walker again vs. Furyk.
    Difference of opinion , no offense taken by me.

GL to you also.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Snakehead wrote: »
    60feetheat may have been commenting about BK's 3rd ROUND PLAY, which hadn't started at the time of his post. His other comments are explaining that he liked Furyk before the tournament started, and still do, going forward, i.e., the 3rd round. I don't/didn't see that as 'ex-post facto bullshit'. I can't even see it as bragging about his pre-tourney pick of Furyk to win because he says 'it looks slim' that it will win 'at the moment'.

Sorry, my bad. I misinterpreted the comment.
    edited July 2014
    Walker -130 vs Leishman