Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• procapprocap Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    jakenhl wrote: »
    The only reason I get on you. Is because once upon a time you cared about your reputation. Now days you sound more like just another tout. And that's a shame because you were one of the good ones.

But you have to admit StevieY & Buffet success before going the service route were quite impressive. If anyone out there deserved an endorsement from Ed it was these two. Just crappy luck post endorsement.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    procap wrote: »
    But you have to admit StevieY & Buffet success before going the service route were quite impressive. If anyone out there deserved an endorsement from Ed it was these two. Just crappy luck post endorsement.
    Definitely I have never once had a negative about Stevie Y's handicapping or service. Buffet is the best I have ever seen on the forums in baseball. I have mentioned in this thread that he will win going forward. My hang up has always been on someone suggesting playing 3% on an NFL game that's endorsed by someone I once had a great deal of respect for.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    jakenhl wrote: »
    He was endorsed by RAS. I have no ideal how RAS could endorse someone who suggest playing 3% on an NFL game.

There's nothing inherently wrong with betting 3% on a NFL game with a decent sized edge. The issues I have is asserting that all plays have that edge and not re sizing. More importantly that his Dr. Bob esque methods are unlikely to win.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited June 2014
    It is easy to be critical of our promotion of Kellen after his results of the past two years. I don't recall much or any criticism either before or after the 2011 season. If anyone being critical now can link to similar criticism before the 2012 NFL season I will be first to give them props.

There is consensus agreement that some of his bankroll management advice was misguided, but people like to bet the NFL, and he was still the best available NFL handicapper on the market at the time.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    It is easy to be critical of our promotion of Kellen after his results of the past two years. I don't recall much or any criticism either before or after the 2011 season. If anyone being critical now can link to similar criticism before the 2012 NFL season I will be first to give them props.

There is consensus agreement that some of his bankroll management advice was misguided, but people like to bet the NFL, and he was still the best available NFL handicapper on the market at the time.
    Thanks for that response. There's no doubt I'm a Dick. You will never hear another negative from me. I haven't forgotten anything. You'll be surprised one day. And then some
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    well done BG
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Attachment not found. Oh Yeah, 8-1 day...Great job Buffett
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Nice day BG
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    BG,
    You amaze me. You find value on 9 Saturday plays going a torrid 8-1. Today? you lowest output of the season. Just one matinee game. I noticed many of your plays are fading certain groups. They all played today. What gives?
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Come on, Ron. You know volume varies - you take edges where you see them. Some days it's a lot, some days it's not. And he actually had 2 plays today.

Not that it matters all that much to me, but I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with these posts tbh.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with these posts tbh.

Think hard.
  • JafarJafar Banned
    edited June 2014
    I haven't bet baseball in several years and I'm not sure what the groups are on these days but if memory serves it was normally around this time the groups started to get smoked. So if BG is consistently fading these guys, I'd take that as a positive.
    edited June 2014
    So if BG is consistently fading these guys, I'd take that as a positive.

I thought fading couldn't win money in the long run, mentioned by a few here a while back.
    edited June 2014
    Big Pappi Homerun :laugh:
    edited June 2014
    Maybe the reason for the low output today got a few people to collect from their books whos week ends on a Sunday. First in many weeks.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Maybe the reason for the low output today got a few people to collect from their books whos week ends on a Sunday. First in many weeks.

Lolll... Great point, but my guys have already told no meet this week because of the holiday.. Win or lose, but it feels good to have a winning week :)
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Ronbets, Durito, and anyone else interested in the nonsense I just had to read and delete, please find another venue for it.
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I thought fading couldn't win money in the long run, mentioned by a few here a while back.

Fading isn't profitable when it's fading for the sake of fading without any line movement. People try to fade random touts like Brandon Lang and Fezzik who aren't causing line movement, and that's not profitable. But if you make a baseball fair line +120 and the line is -128/+118, you have no value, but if some group or groups move the line to -140/+130 and these groups don't make +EV bets, now you have a profitable bet by fading the move and taking +130.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Goats wrote: »
    Ronbets, Durito, and anyone else interested in the nonsense I just had to read and delete, please find another venue for it.

You got it. Bye.
  • cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    So the guys down 27 units with half the season. Big freakin deal. Quite the transition taking place here at BT
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited June 2014
    Fading isn't profitable when it's fading for the sake of fading without any line movement. People try to fade random touts like Brandon Lang and Fezzik who aren't causing line movement, and that's not profitable. But if you make a baseball fair line +120 and the line is -128/+118, you have no value, but if some group or groups move the line to -140/+130 and these groups don't make +EV bets, now you have a profitable bet by fading the move and taking +130.

Many examples of this in the past 2-3 weeks in bases.
    A's yesterday and you have another one on the Reds today.
    To quote my favorite bookie, when there was a game being bet this hard. "They are betting this game, like it was played yesterday!"
    How there can be that much love for a team hitting a combined .213 is beyond me.

Just on a side note - this steam for the past few weeks has been getting killed. Happy Books.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Sharp defense by the mets in the 8th
    edited July 2014
    You see, the REDS just swept the SF Giants at SF 4 in a row, which is a top team in the NL and division. Then today the REDS go to play another road game against one of the worst teams in the NL and the line moves 25c against them. Now that's a sharp line move and we deserved to lose that one from the get go. I'm glad we won the others.
  • SquigglySquiggly Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    mjc257 wrote: »
    I think it's honorable to offer the money-back guarantee. I commend BG/RAS on that offering. It’s great.

But the problem with something like that is that the combination of the guarantee and current performance level creates a situation where it is absolutely in the best interest of the service provider to increase volume. Meanwhile, for the followers, some of whom have probably lost a third or more of their bankroll at this point, the last thing they want to see is double the volume that was initially expected.

Tough situation for everyone involved. Hope it works out.

The guarantee is a positive.

As far as "But the problem with something like that is that the combination of the guarantee and current performance level creates a situation where it is absolutely in the best interest of the service provider to increase volume. "

Let's remember that Yosh himself did not have a guarantee in place when he put up his seminal "yosh".
    A tout doesn't have to have a guarantee in order to want to end the season with a positive record, so he will have customers the next season.

Many touts (and posters) without guarantees have been accused of yoshing and/or anti-yoshing, to try to improve their record and/or not diminish a winning record.
  • JB531JB531 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    You see, the REDS just swept the SF Giants at SF 4 in a row, which is a top team in the NL and division. Then today the REDS go to play another road game against one of the worst teams in the NL and the line moves 25c against them. Now that's a sharp line move and we deserved to lose that one from the get go. I'm glad we won the others.

Latos gave up one hit and one walk..
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    RAS use to have 2 types of packages. First was just what it is now, lets say 1500$ for basketball package. And the other was a basketball package for lets say 2000$. With the 2000$ package if Ed did not profit atleast 1 unit then you would get all your money back. If you bought the 1500$ package and RAS finished negative you lost it all. (I made up the $ amounts but they were somewhat close to that I think)
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited July 2014
    Squiggly wrote: »

Many touts (and posters) without guarantees have been accused of yoshing and/or anti-yoshing, to try to improve their record and/or not diminish a winning record.
    100% correct , and then these touts/posters will post unofficial plays , so it does not effect their record but once they see a positive record from their unofficial record they will turn it into official plays. All allowed by this site. Then proudly advertise their transparency. Lmao
    But hey the sheep still follow.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    Then today the REDS go to play another road game against one of the worst teams in the NL and the line moves 25c against them. Now that's a sharp line move and we deserved to lose that one from the get go.

His line value has certainly been much improved over the last week or so. Much, much better. Hopefully that's a sign of good things to come.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited July 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    100% correct , and then these touts/posters will post unofficial plays , so it does not effect their record but once they see a positive record from their unofficial record they will turn it into official plays. All allowed by this site. Then proudly advertise their transparency. Lmao
    But hey the sheep still follow.

If a poster is posting plays in a sport then decides to start up a picks thread for said sport in which they'll keep a record, I'd expect that all of the plays for that sport for that season would be included in that record. Do you think that it somehow gives a more accurate picture to omit plays from that record simply because they weren't posted in the same thread? And if that poster had a negative record, you would have been ok with them getting a clean slate and ignoring those losing plays? (and I'll answer that, of course you wouldn't have, and you'd be bitching if they didn't include those plays in their record) It's beyond time for you to move on and stop complaining about this.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited July 2014
    TommyL wrote: »
    If a poster is posting plays in a sport then decides to start up a picks thread for said sport in which they'll keep a record, I'd expect that all of the plays for that sport for that season would be included in that record. Do you think that it somehow gives a more accurate picture to omit plays from that record simply because they weren't posted in the same thread? And if that poster had a negative record, you would have been ok with them getting a clean slate and ignoring those losing plays? (and I'll answer that, of course you wouldn't have, and you'd be bitching if they didn't include those plays in their record) It's beyond time for you to move on and stop complaining about this.

Heh, for once he kind of makes sense. His point is he was posting plays casually in a different thread and once he started off winning decided to use that winning record to start a new thread. He's saying that if he went 2-10 instead of 10-2 he may not have started the thread so he somewhat free rolled that.