Betting Talk

BGPicks.com is up and running

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I said after Beckett's no hitter I'm betting against him every outing I thing he's done. But in all fairness he has been pitching well But how long before he goes well see. I'm 2-0 against him so far.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Some very good ball players can't seem to play in New York maybe some very good sports bettors can't win when he has to give out games to paying customers. Some guys just start over thinking everything.

It's the bottom of the 9th in the dodgers game I really mean it when I say I hope you win it and I'm holding ticket on the CWS I guess you would call that the square side.

Agree OT. Psychology is a different game when u r a legitimate guy(BG) trying to fill the pockets of paying subs. I've taken on touts/handicappers only on a contingency basis(exRAS). My rules, my $$, they win and I win. I have the right to terminate agreement anytime. Chop up $$ at certain thresholds.

Good job on CWS. Of course, I wasn't involved.
  • buffettgamblerbuffettgambler Senior Handicapper
    edited June 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Observing Buffetgambler when posting gratis to now posting for $$ has a glaring difference. What askes partisan Durito? The free version would take days off after a bad session to regroup. The pay-per-view edition fires every day regardless. What ever happend to the approx. 15 plays per week?
    On what such evidence are you deriving this hypothesis? The "free version" was fortunate not to experience bad sessions, while posting breaks were not predicated on bad runs from a small subsets of modeled leads. Discounting error, no-edge recommendations, bad luck, negative variance, or a combination of all are all fair game for trying to describe the horrid performance year to date, but lets not just assume an emotional flaw at play jeopardizing the integrity of the service.
    edited June 2014
    On what such evidence are you deriving this hypothesis? The "free version" was fortunate not to experience bad sessions, while posting breaks were not predicated on bad runs from a small subsets of modeled leads. Discounting error, no-edge recommendations, bad luck, negative variance, or a combination of all are all fair game for trying to describe the horrid performance year to date, but lets not just assume an emotional flaw at play jeopardizing the integrity of the service.

Very nice! you're making a cameo. I think I struck a nerve. However, please don't go Dr. Bob on me with the bad luck reference. As a math guy you know better.
    I'm pretty sure my assumption is correct. The added pressure is influencing your game. I specifically noted that your "free version" days off were mostly in conjuction with previous losing days. All sports. It was an obvious emotional decision to 'back off'. Now with the "pro version" there are perceived edges every day? Come on!! IMO the pressure has distorted you approach.
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Very nice! you're making a cameo. I think I struck a nerve. However, please don't go Dr. Bob on me with the bad luck reference. As a math guy you know better.
    I'm pretty sure my assumption is correct. The added pressure is influencing your game. I specifically noted that your "free version" days off were mostly in conjuction with previous losing days. All sports. It was an obvious emotional decision to 'back off'. Now with the "pro version" there are perceived edges every day? Come on!! IMO the pressure has distorted you approach.

I don't know anybody who is a long term winner in sports who takes days off after losing days. I've taken exactly 2 days off the last 3 baseball seasons combined both because I had weddings to attend the night before. And I've had plenty of losing days.
  • Fat PolamaluFat Polamalu Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Just took this from the loony bin next door. I just had too after betting Beckett.

kid-throwing-money-out-window-13439604781.gif?id=225

Thats great!

Sorry for the interruption. Carry on.
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Just came from a quick tour of the BG's website. At -30 units I wonder just how much that "ORDER" button is getting used?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Dogsout wrote: »
    Just came from a quick tour of the BG's website. At -30 units I wonder just how much that "ORDER" button is getting used?

What's the point of a post like this?
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    I am with you on most of that. Except I do play September ball.
    I am not only not laying 180 but I rarely lay above 155 (personal limit) . I liked Nats today but line was too high for me, so gave up 1 unit no biggie.
    To each their own but how anyone sees ale in his picks is beyond me.

And yet in your pick thread today you have Tigers -162 & Rays -155. Somehow a quote about glass houses and stones comes to mind.
  • DogsoutDogsout Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I think that it is self explanatory. The guy is tanking big time and I was wondering if anybody would still buy his services. Why what did you think that it meant?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I think that it is self explanatory. The guy is tanking big time and I was wondering if anybody would still buy his services. Why what did you think that it meant?

Seemed like you were just pointing out the obvious fact that he's having a terrible season so far. I didn't see much of a point to it, that's all.
  • AILVAILV Junior Member
    edited June 2014

I don't know if anyone is still ordering, but many are still firing away.

Some crazy value in Las Vegas on the opposite side of these plays at post.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    worm33 wrote: »
    I don't know anybody who is a long term winner in sports who takes days off after losing days. I've taken exactly 2 days off the last 3 baseball seasons combined both because I had weddings to attend the night before. And I've had plenty of losing days.

Question, On a short card you always found something that you would consider a good play. I know the question that you answered was taking a day off after a losing day but did you ever pass a day.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited June 2014
    underwraps wrote: »
    Just took this from the loony bin next door. I just had too after betting Beckett.

kid-throwing-money-out-window-13439604781.gif?id=225

This is how I feel when I realize he is on the same side as me.
    Should have known he loves Verlander.

BTW Wraps, I can't get enough of this , I keep watching it over and over. LOL
  • 2sportguy2sportguy Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I bought a 70 day subscription and will obvioulsy not renew. In light of what has transpired I find it a little unfair that my subscription will not be refunded. I certainly understand the terms, conditions and risks involved and of course will abide by them; however I could just buy the remainder of the season, not play anything and get my money back for both subscriptions. This would be kind of like getting off on a technicality, so what is the point ? Why not just refund the 70 day subscribers and save everyone the trouble of sending the money only to have it sent back 2.5 months later ?
  • worm33worm33 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Question, On a short card you always found something that you would consider a good play. I know the question that you answered was taking a day off after a losing day but did you ever pass a day.

Very rare. I play quite a bit of volume so even on a short card there is usually 4-5 games at a minimum so 8-10 sides/ totals. On avg I would usually have 2-3 plays on those days.
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    2sportguy wrote: »
    I bought a 70 day subscription and will obvioulsy not renew. In light of what has transpired I find it a little unfair that my subscription will not be refunded. I certainly understand the terms, conditions and risks involved and of course will abide by them; however I could just buy the remainder of the season, not play anything and get my money back for both subscriptions. This would be kind of like getting off on a technicality, so what is the point ? Why not just refund the 70 day subscribers and save everyone the trouble of sending the money only to have it sent back 2.5 months later ?

Why don't you just buy the remainder of the season then?
  • winner_13winner_13 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Bg, can you comment on why there hasn't been very many plays on dogs? Is it because of what durito said?
    edited June 2014
    winner_13 wrote: »
    Why don't you just buy the remainder of the season then?

I guess at this point I feel its like giving an interest free loan " Here is $1200 and Ill give it back to you in 2.5 months "
  • mjnapcomjnapco Member
    edited June 2014
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may very well be) but if he does buy the reminder of the season and BG from this point on is up 1 unit to end the year -29 then technically wouldn't 2sportguy not get his money back because his subscription started today and ended up units in that time frame? This is what is posted on his site -- "If the service does not produce at least 1 UNIT of profit for the duration of the subscription".
    edited June 2014
    mjnapco wrote: »
    Correct me if I'm wrong (and I may very well be) but if he does buy the reminder of the season and BG from this point on is up 1 unit to end the year -29 then technically wouldn't 2sportguy not get his money back because his subscription started today and ended up units in that time frame? This is what is posted on his site -- "If the service does not produce at least 1 UNIT of profit for the duration of the subscription".

My sub would not start today, I bought a 70 day to start the season so it started then. My time frame is start of season til finish if I renew til the end.
  • mjnapcomjnapco Member
    edited June 2014
    Oh ok got it! Thanks!
    2sportguy wrote: »
    My sub would not start today, I bought a 70 day to start the season so it started then. My time frame is start of season til finish if I renew til the end.
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited June 2014
    Lot of talk about refund. Aren't your wagers and bankroll more of a concern then getting back subscription fees ?
  • MrAdvantageMrAdvantage Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    Its not BG's fault blame these guys
    Verlander 0-4 -5.96
    Beckett 0-4 -5.02
    UJIM 0-4 -4.34
    0-12 -15.32 or about 1/2 the stain
    edited June 2014
    BigKahuna wrote: »
    Lot of talk about refund. Aren't your wagers and bankroll more of a concern then getting back subscription fees ?

Yes they are, but last time I checked wagers and bankroll refunds were not availabe so what specifically is there to discuss ?
  • dtrain11dtrain11 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    I want nothing to do with this argument, but that is such an awesome gif. I'm going to make it pop up when my wife calls
    edited June 2014
    Its not BG's fault blame these guys
    Verlander 0-4 -5.96
    Beckett 0-4 -5.02
    UJIM 0-4 -4.34
    0-12 -15.32 or about 1/2 the stain

This is absolutely beautiful!
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    jakenhl wrote: »
    There is a negative side to running a service that is endorsed by who many including myself consider one of the top handicappers in the world. Sixth Sense is considered +EV long term. If you started to play his plays since the endorsement you are now down 80%. So if you had a $100K bankroll which the sophisticated bettor would have you have lost $80K leaving you $20K. Even a prorated return on investment does not help much when you have lost $80K. Just the flip side of it. I'm pretty sure that won't happen again, but people do have a right to be agitated when its paid for vs. posted for free.

If you're not getting a cut from the handicappers on the bottom of the page. You're probably down a little money. These type or runs can happen to anybody. Just like it's happening to buffet right now. I'm invested in this as well with buffet. I believe long-term he will turn it around. But unfortunately these are one-year subscriptions. My first judgment of +EV long-term is around 10,000 plays. From the post I am reading people are putting way too much stock into past performance and the endorsement. This endorsement comes from a tout who gets a cut from the package sold. Long-term I believe buffet will definitely turn this around.
  • jakenhljakenhl Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Once again 146-149 is for paid picks only.

As to the +EV question, it is hard for me to say. I haven't spoken to him much since the start of last season, and I am not in tune with the NFL market at all.
    With the NFL right around the corner. Any information on the status of sixth sense?
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited June 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Sixth Sense has gone 146-149 since our endorsement. Not a shocking result for anyone in that market playing entirely WA numbers and mostly late in week.

SY and BG are obviously both way up.

Out of pure curiosity, and I'm not trying to be a dick, but if 146-149 is not a shocking result, then why on earth would you endorse that? I would think that being down 18 units or so should absolutely blow your mind, and if not, then why not endorse everyone?

PS. I am very much looking forward to your football! Thanks