Betting Talk

Baseball - How to calculate Underdog odds?

elwayisgodelwayisgod Senior Member
edited April 2014 in Sports Betting
If a favorite is -160 the dog is +140. If the favorite is -112, what is the dog? Not sure how to figure out other side of wager when it's between -101 and -119 on the fav :laughing:

Comments

• Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    -112 on a dime line would be +102 if I'm understanding your question. just like -109 would be -101 on a str8 dime line on an 8cent line it would +101 that same -109. If your betting into a 20c line Stop it first of all. on a 20 cent line -112 there would be no dog the team other would be -108.

Don't know if I answered your question because it seems very simplistic and I don't mean that in a bad way.
  • elwayisgodelwayisgod Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    That's what I'm saying. My bookie is saying anything between -101 and -120, the dog is +100. Then anything -121 and above, just subtract 20 cents to get dog..... It doesn't make sense.
    edited April 2014
    So today the Rays were listed as the favorite at -101. Does that make Orioles -119? Wouldn't they be the fav then? I'm looking at scoresandodds.com. Sorry but I need to understand as my book uses that site as our lines.
    edited April 2014
    So your saying your getting even money if the favorite is -112 or -115 your getting even money on the dog. Sounds weird but it's his store. well if he's using pennies then -121 the dog would be +101. Using a 20 cent is not the best thing to do but there are times that the dog is the same price as a dime line. But personalty I would sit down with him and tell him what you want I'm sure he's aware of a str8 dime line but it's hard for me to give my opinion not knowing how you bet and what amounts. Good Luck with this guy.
    edited April 2014
    So today the Rays were listed as the favorite at -101. Does that make Orioles -119? Wouldn't they be the fav then? I'm looking at scoresandodds.com. Sorry but I need to understand as my book uses that site as our lines.
    edited April 2014
    elwayisgod wrote: »

Yes, and I wonder how many players are on his sheet. But you said that you get even money until it hits -121 so don't you get Baltimore at +100 I'm confused with this guy Baltimore would be the higher price so in that case I guess T.B would be even money sounds like a F**** up situation.
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    elwayisgod wrote: »
    That's what I'm saying. My bookie is saying anything between -101 and -120, the dog is +100. Then anything -121 and above, just subtract 20 cents to get dog..... It doesn't make sense.

Get a new bookie.