Betting Talk

Plans to split forum up

RightAngleRightAngle Admin
edited April 2014 in Sports Betting
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that sometime this week we will be splitting the forum up in to two sections, one for general discussion, and one for picks only.

We'll see how it works and make any additional changes as needed.

All feedback is welcome.

Thanks,

Edward

Comments

• buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I personally think the sight is great the way it is. If you want to follow someone's play , just subscribe to the thread.

Hopefully it works out.. Good luck
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Not certain until after implementation but sounds like an improvement.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited April 2014
    If Tommy and I get raises for the added work of having to check two different forums, sounds good.
  • coachcoach Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    If it isn,t broke, don,t fix it!!
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Sweet.
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Will existing threads just move to one or the other of the two forums or will all threads be closed and new ones will have to be opened?
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I like discussions in a picks thread - fine as is IMHO
  • JMU_DegenerateJMU_Degenerate Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Correct me if I am wrong but i believe there will still be discussion in the picks threads(unless otherwise specifically requested like RAS 2h thread).... i think the change will be a section for picks threads and a section for non-pick sharing topics (like the stock market thread, threads about shady touts, etc).
  • CirclejerkCirclejerk Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    I like discussions in a picks thread - fine as is IMHO

I agree - JMHO. I think the forum is great the way it is.
  • blackbullblackbull Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Circlejerk wrote: »
    I agree - JMHO. I think the forum is great the way it is.

Agreed.
  • yung_keeksyung_keeks Junior Member
    edited April 2014
    Think this is a good idea. I almost posted a thread last week discussing the lack of discussion and saturation of pick posting in the forum.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Does this mean I won't be allowed to post here anymore?
    edited April 2014
    yung_keeks wrote: »
    Think this is a good idea. I almost posted a thread last week discussing the lack of discussion and saturation of pick posting in the forum.

Not sure this will affect discussion one way or the other. It may even limit discussion if you have picks only threads.
  • procapprocap Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    Correct me if I am wrong but i believe there will still be discussion in the picks threads(unless otherwise specifically requested like RAS 2h thread).... i think the change will be a section for picks threads and a section for non-pick sharing topics (like the stock market thread, threads about shady touts, etc).

Yeah I was typing a response like this then saw your's. You'd still be able to have discussion in the pick threads...
    edited April 2014
    procap wrote: »
    Yeah I was typing a response like this then saw your's. You'd still be able to have discussion in the pick threads...

So why split them up if your going to have to look at the pick threads to see discussions anyway?
    I get it if the purpose of the split is not to bother people that are subscribing to a pick thread with unwanted Texts & emails with discussions. Obviously then you would not want to allow discussion in a pick thread. I'm sure Edward will clarify.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    So why split them up if your going to have to look at the pick threads to see discussions anyway?
    I get it if the purpose of the split is not to bother people that are subscribing to a pick thread with unwanted Texts & emails with discussions. Obviously then you would not want to allow discussion in a pick thread. I'm sure Edward will clarify.

100% Agree with this. Otherwise why bother.
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited April 2014
    Sometimes, you are looking for discussion and have no interest in picks, sometimes you are looking for picks and have no interest in discussions. This will make it easier to find one or the other.

Surely we'll allow comments and discussion pertaining to particular pick threads in the picks only forum, but all other discussions will go in the general discussion area.
  • DubbsDubbs Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    coach wrote: »
    If it isn,t broke, don,t fix it!!

Your apostrophe button is broken
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited April 2014
    how is this project coming along ?
  • adrianmeinhadrianmeinh Member
    edited April 2014
    i am for it, make it so!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2014
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Sometimes, you are looking for discussion and have no interest in picks, sometimes you are looking for picks and have no interest in discussions. This will make it easier to find one or the other.

Surely we'll allow comments and discussion pertaining to particular pick threads in the picks only forum, but all other discussions will go in the general discussion area.

I have to say I like it. It's another click, you worried about carpal tunnel? To late for that. Also if it bothers you bring up two windows.
    Good Idea guys