Betting Talk

The 'H' is for Hoops 2014 CBB

Comments

• Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited March 2014

I used to run that same quick hitter at least once a game when I was coaching high school ball. I never exactly had that kind of finisher on my team, though.
    edited March 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    double OT in boise game enough to make ya sick. I know its 1 game but man that was a good call. Hard to believe the husker game didn't go over as well.

Tough one, and yeah Nebraska lost by 1, but Kansas won by 1.5 and UMass by 2.5. Let's call it even :)
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    With the right accounts, it takes an incredibly small amount to move those numbers. Bit surprised to see minimal stratagem by the players in this market.

I'm fascinated by how something like that works. Seems like access to an account that could manipulate the market would be a pretty awesome tool.
  • baseRunnerbaseRunner Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    With the right accounts, it takes an incredibly small amount to move those numbers. Bit surprised to see minimal stratagem by the players in this market.

I was attempting this a few months ago- got cold at the wrong time and gave up.
    I agree that almost all of those big line moves have been very suspicious- I have been on the other side of almost all of them as well.
    edited March 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »
    I was attempting this a few months ago- got cold at the wrong time and gave up.
    I agree that almost all of those big line moves have been very suspicious- I have been on the other side of almost all of them as well.

Should clarify- I'm talking about the big moves on non-TV totals, and in particular the late moves that occur after 5d has posted their lines.
    edited March 2014
    3-2 last night will not go in the record, as stated.

517 Charlotte/Marshall over 139
    556 Hawaii/UC Santa Barbara under 143
    edited March 2014
    baseRunner wrote: »
    Should clarify- I'm talking about the big moves on non-TV totals, and in particular the late moves that occur after 5d has posted their lines.

Yep, definitely understood. Hope your season is going well.
    edited March 2014
    Its no 62%, but I'm not complaining.
    edited March 2014
    552 Long Beach St/CS Northridge under 149.5
    574 Montana/Sacramento St. under 134
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    i see you quickly found the block-hammer from Wes Reynolds on twitter.

if you suggest he is a "steam chaser", you get the insta-block. the truth must really hurt, because thats EXACTLY what he is...
  • pufferfishpufferfish Senior Member
    edited March 2014

if you suggest he is a "steam chaser", you get the insta-block. the truth must really hurt, because thats EXACTLY what he is...

I found Dr. H's Twitter, and must admit, he's pretty funny on there heckling guys like Wes. It sure seems like Wes tailed BG's steam last night on that total, but I've seen Wes on an opposite side of BG in the past week too. And he posted the opposite side later in the day after BG had released the other way. For whatever that's worth.
    edited March 2014

I liked how he released Indiana over about a minute after BG posted it, meaning nobody could get that line, and then pretended he didn't know who BG was. -1000 he's reading this thread, too.
    edited March 2014
    pufferfish wrote: »
    I found Dr. H's Twitter, and must admit, he's pretty funny on there heckling guys like Wes. It sure seems like Wes tailed BG's steam last night on that total, but I've seen Wes on an opposite side of BG in the past week too. And he posted the opposite side later in the day after BG had released the other way. For whatever that's worth.

all wes does is chase steam, then claims he is originating. every play he posts on twitter is posted 30-90 secs after a move on the DB screen.
    edited March 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    I liked how he released Indiana over about a minute after BG posted it, meaning nobody could get that line, and then pretended he didn't know who BG was. -1000 he's reading this thread, too.

no doubt he's reading this thread. but he's too much of a coward to post or reply here, because he can't simply end the convo by blocking somebody on BT.

he desperately wants to be considered an "expert" and/or a "pro" - the reality is that he's an expert at watching the DB screen for 18 hours/day, and thats about it...

he's afraid to have a real conversation about his "betting methods".
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    I think that nitwit appears on the EOG radio show so I'll have to post about his grading on EOG or even call into the show. Dr. H criticized his grading the other day, rightfully so, and was labeled a "troll" and told "he needs better outs." I don't have 1h lines archived for the Greek handy but if someone wants to add them, feel free. Wes's plays released at 3:12PM PST on Tuesday that were called into question, and the lines at major books:

536 South Carolina +7 FH, Pin +7 -113, BM +6.5 -105 5D +7 -115
    539 Virginia Tech +6.5 (-105) FH, Pin +6.5 -113, BM +6.5 -115, 5D +6.5 -115
    543 USF +3.5 (-115) FH/ Pin +3 -108, BM +3 -110, 5D +3 -110
    543 USF +6 Game Pin +6 -110, BM +5.5 -110, Greek +6 -110 5D +6 -108

Clearly only the USF +6 was widely available. If you can't find a line at one of the largest books, it ain't widely available.
    edited March 2014
    576 Weber St./Portland St. under 144
    edited March 2014
    568 Montana St./Northern Arizona under 135
    edited March 2014
    561 Loyola Chicago/Bradley over 117
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    must say, played mont st under 135 1/2; bothers me
    edited March 2014
    must say, played mont st under 135 1/2; bothers me

I don't follow.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    expected line to lower since i played this am

not that i change it
    edited March 2014
    expected line to lower since i played this am

not that i change it

Where did you play u135.5 this morning?
    edited March 2014
    Unweighted/WA: 131-118, 52.61%, +1.2 units
    All plays: 201-163, 55.2%, +21.7 units

Totals: 122-75, 61.9%, +39.5 units, 1.14 clv
    TV: 57-37, 60.6%, +16.3 units, 1.0 clv
    Non-tv: 65-38, 63.1%, +23.2 units, 1.27 clv

Sides: 61-69, 46.9%, -14.9 units, .21 clv

2h: 18-19, -2.9 units
  • coachcoach Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Dr. H,Hope the new born is well . And don,t let all this b.s. bother you .. great job keep it up !!
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    coach wrote: »
    Dr. H,Hope the new born is well . And don,t let all this b.s. bother you .. great job keep it up !!

He posted an updated record at 5:48am....sounds like the newborn is doing great :laugh:
    edited March 2014
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    He posted an updated record at 5:48am....sounds like the newborn is doing great :laugh:

I'd been up for over an hour at that point.
    edited March 2014
    858 Eastern Kentucky/Murray St. under 147
    edited March 2014
    868 Gardner Webb/VMI under 161.5
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited March 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    I'd been up for over an hour at that point.

our newbie is a night owl and his 2 yr old brother tested positive wed at the doctor for Influenza so you can say that our household has been a mess the last few days. flu is no joke on a kid with some asthma. all better now though... thanks for plays brother.
    edited March 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    our newbie is a night owl and his 2 yr old brother tested positive wed at the doctor for Influenza so you can say that our household has been a mess the last few days. flu is no joke on a kid with some asthma. all better now though... thanks for plays brother.

Sounds rough. Hope the little man is ok.