Betting Talk

Seahawks #25 Sherman

13»

Comments

• BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Coops wrote: »
    I love shit talking, I had 49ers +4, I'm not bitter, that shit was awesome. Sherman spoke his mind, Crabtree is soft.
    Exactly this. The NFL is 90% showmanship now. Players celebrate EVERYTHING. Let the guy celebrate a play that sent his team to the Super Bowl. Just because he said it in an. interview, everyone is bashing him. These are the types of things players say to eacg other on every play. It was a hell of a play. He deserves to talk.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    how about the players that are at the top of the game that don't have to spout out like Sherman did (I'm sure more than 10%). he chooses to talk shit b/c that is how he was either raised or taught. doesn't mean he deserves to talk shit does it? again, many of other players out there that make spectacular winning plays in all sports every day that walk away and celebrate with their teams (mouth shut to the other team or specific players). personally I think its garbage and it takes away from how special the play was. Obviously he is an excellent d back. "To each his own..."
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    newcombe wrote: »
    how about the players that are at the top of the game that don't have to spout out like Sherman did (I'm sure more than 10%). he chooses to talk shit b/c that is how he was either raised or taught. doesn't mean he deserves to talk shit does it? again, many of other players out there that make spectacular winning plays in all sports every day that walk away and celebrate with their teams (mouth shut to the other team or specific players). personally I think its garbage and it takes away from how special the play was. Obviously he is an excellent d back. "To each his own..."

This.
  • Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    kane wrote: »
    This.

Here's another guy that was clearly team first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43adFL8RLk
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Here's another guy that was clearly team first:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R43adFL8RLk

You're comparing one player doing a dance, during intros, before the game with his teammates to another player who puts his hands on an opposing player and gets up in his face as soon as a game ended, okay.
    edited January 2014
    You're comparing one player doing a dance, during intros, before the game with his teammates to another player who puts his hands on an opposing player and gets up in his face as soon as a game ended, okay.

No. You bolded the part about celebrating with your team. If that's important to you, it's one of 500 other reasons that you should hate Ray Lewis.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    I think Sherman should have been praising the officiating crew that blew the roughing the kicker call (among many others) which IMO changed the whole complexion of the game and gave Sherman the opportunity to make the "play of his life".....best team did not win that game, it was handed to them as has been to others in the playoffs at home, and yes I had the 49r's and won on my teasers but would also have liked to see them vs. the Bronco's....sorry but a Kap fan from his Reno days and the game pressure after the gift from the zebra's changed after that muffed call :-D
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    No. You bolded the part about celebrating with your team. If that's important to you, it's one of 500 other reasons that you should hate Ray Lewis.

I have no idea what you're talking about. The part I bolded is because Sherman didn't celebrate with his team, instead he ran right over to Crabtree, put his hands on him and then gave the choke sign to Kap. How does that compare with Ray Lewis doing a dance in front of his teammates as he's being introduced before a game?
    edited January 2014
    I have no idea what you're talking about. The part I bolded is because Sherman didn't celebrate with his team, instead he ran right over to Crabtree, put his hands on him and then gave the choke sign to Kap. How does that compare with Ray Lewis doing a dance in front of his teammates as he's being introduced before a game?

The common theme is "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!"

It's just absolutely hysterical that you can admire Ray Lewis and think Sherman is scum.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    The common theme is "LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME IT'S ALL ABOUT ME!"

It's just absolutely hysterical that you can admire Ray Lewis and think Sherman is scum.

First of all I don't think Sherman is scum, I think what he did was bush league and crossed the line. Second, I still don't see how what Ray does compares at all with what Sherman did, apples to oranges imo. We'll have to agree to disagree.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    If it entertains, I'm all for it. Sherman entertains me, please talk more shit, go after Peyton now, let's make this full blown WWE!
  • franksterfrankster Junior Member
    edited January 2014
    Thought Sherman was a self-serving fool. This article changed my perception of him. http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/66872858/seattle-seahawks-richard-sherman-worth-rooting-for-in-super-bowl.
    edited January 2014
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited January 2014
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    Jalapanose wrote: »

He is far and away the best writer on Grantland.
    edited January 2014
    Coops wrote: »
    He is far and away the best writer on Grantland.

The Dr. V episode aside, Grantland has been infinitely better than I expected given Simmons in charge. Top five website IMO.
    edited January 2014
    And yeah, Rembert is clearly the man. His burning man reports last year were just unreal.
  • kanekane Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    When Sherman said "Hell of a game" to Crabtree, it's obvious he was being very sincere. Judging by all the wonderful things he said about Crab during his post game interviews, I truly believe Sherman was just trying to be a good sport. I also don't think it was a choke sign he made to Kap, I think he just had an itch on his neck and put both hands on it to scratch it. The poor guy is so misunderstood.
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited January 2014
    smoke and mirrors Kane... smoke and mirrors :). his interview yesterday on espn was pretty damn convincing and legit though. well spoken "thug". kidding of course...