Betting Talk

Thoughts on Denver - New England?

increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
edited November 2013 in Sports Betting
I thought the line would be 6 or 7. Was stunned to see it at 2/2.5. I want to make it my largest bet ever on Denver but am a bit worried about two things - Bill rarely loses 2 in a row and I'm concerned about Peyton in wind and cold.

Still I think Denver is a far better team and New England's secondary is terrible.

Thoughts?

-Sean

Comments

• cpech56cpech56 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I thought the line would be 6 or 7. Was stunned to see it at 2/2.5. I want to make it my largest bet ever on Denver but am a bit worried about two things - Bill rarely loses 2 in a row and I'm concerned about Peyton in wind and cold.

Still I think Denver is a far better team and New England's secondary is terrible.

Thoughts?

-Sean[/QUOTE

I am on NE and U55 myself . Ol Sal Pal's comb over looks like a midwestern tumbleweed. Just think theres gonna he a heavy dose of Vereen and Moreno. Gluck with whatever you do.
  • LawboyLawboy Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Probably UNDER. But I'm not touching this game.
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    You guys have convinced me to keep it in check!
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    under, 2 overrated qbs, plus its windy.
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Overrated qb's........... are you serious?
  • BigItaly42BigItaly42 Senior Member
    edited November 2013

This is sarcasm I assume
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    BigItaly42 wrote: »
    This is sarcasm I assume

I certainly hope so...
  • BigKahunaBigKahuna Banned
    edited November 2013
    Odds, u thought line would be 6 or 7 ?
    Brady getting a TD at home?
    Really ? When is the last time he got a TD at home?
    The most bet team by the public in the last decade would never get a TD.
  • duritodurito Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I don't think Brady has been a dog at home for over a decade. And this line looks like it's not closing with him a dog here either.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited November 2013

So overrated I'll take Over 1H 27 and Denver Over 28TT. Let see if the cold can slow down both quality QB's and questionable defenses on bith sides.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited November 2013

Fresh from the Howard Stern School of Shock. I'm waiting for a reference to some good 'ole Golden State Qbs. Maybe a Vince Ferragamo or a Steve Bartkowski.
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    FWIW, I took patriots Second half -6 with a local

Good luck gentleman
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited November 2013

Overrated qb's.... Wow...that's comical.

Please name ur quality qb's in the nfl?

Peyton, brees and Brady are the best

I will say this though... If my boy Marino was playing in today's game..unstoppable!!
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    cabster13 wrote: »
    So overrated I'll take Over 1H 27 and Denver Over 28TT. Let see if the cold can slow down both quality QB's and questionable defenses on bith sides.

Jack Del Rio coaching like he did in Jville. Must have given a rousing halftime speech as since they got up 24-0 they have done nothing but try to run clock and they get toasted in Q3 with NE going against the wind. Now against the wind in Q4 up 3 and the Broncos are shell shocked. Amazing the Del Rio did not have them make any effort to score in Q3. Now Manning throws against the wind...pick?? What a horrible job by the Broncos after the half.
  • okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    This is the biggest swing of a game I think I have ever seen
  • JalapanoseJalapanose Banned
    edited November 2013
    You guys think I was bad last night, wait until fezzik unleashes his postmortems if this 3* of his hits on New England.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    okoilman wrote: »
    This is the biggest swing of a game I think I have ever seen

Just last year same Patriots come back from down 31-3 in the 3rdQ to tie it at 31 against SF. Lose 34-41 though, but big comebacks nothing new for them.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321216017

*per Eric Edholm
  • groovinmahoovingroovinmahoovin Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    I had very conflicting indicators on this one, with Sixth Sense on NE, but Fezzik also making NE +2.5 his GOY. Of course, Fezzik copies Sixth Sense plays all the time (Fezz is a "mutual fund manager", you see), and actually blamed Sixth for his poor 2012 results. No explanation why 2008-2011 sucked when Sixth hit 56%, though.
    edited November 2013
    Jalapanose wrote: »
    You guys think I was bad last night, wait until fezzik unleashes his postmortems if this 3* of his hits on New England.

Brace yourselves gang. It's gonna be like that five year -180 unit stretch never occurred.

Oh that's right, he, rj and Andy ignore that already.
    edited November 2013
    That was a sweet game tho, happy to see the home dog get there obv
    edited November 2013
    How u can have anyone back to field that punt is amazing.
  • okoilmanokoilman Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    It wasn't just the comeback. It was the comeback in the cold weather when all you can think about is heat. I would have given NE a chance at half even down 24-0 in good weather, but I gave them no chance tonight.
    edited November 2013
    How u can have anyone back to field that punt is amazing.

First I had nothing on this game, 2nd how do you not fair catch that punt on the 15 yard line. You break towards the ball and then last second back off. I was hoping there was a press conference and you can never convince me that letting a punt hit the ground at the 15 is a good thing. He also dropped another key pass (3rd down) either it was Overtime or near the end of regulation.
  • jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    power ratings alone i had n.e -2 ,n.e coming off loss made it a no brainer for me .
    edited November 2013
    I think you two options are:

1. You keep the defense on the field (decent chance NE could have faked the punt) and have 11 guys up.
    2. You rush 11 guys and go for the block.
    3. You fair catch it. If you plan a fair catch you don't need to have any blockers near where the ball might fall.

The exact same idiot coaching in a monsoon cost the 49ers a chance to go to the SUper Bowl vs the Giants... SOme day these coaches will learn.
  • ebemissebemiss Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    Was at the game. Was ridiculously cold. I don't know how it looked on TV but the wind was brutal. We tailgated as well. Here's a picture of our "camp". An easy up with 2 sides cobbed together and a big ass propane heater. I've been to a lot of great games in New England the last 20 years but I don't remember many as bone chilling cold as that one.

It looked like Manning had no interest in being out there and for once I don't disagree or can't criticize the guy. Brutal cold.Attachment not found.
  • babaorileybabaoriley Senior Member
    edited November 2013
    2005, actually, but still... And yes, I also thought the Under was the play in that game last night. NFL is an efficient market.
    edited November 2013
    I went under 63.5 -320 and thought I had winner even after the 3 consecutive turnovers. I saw the in-progress price of Denver -15-1 after the 24-0 score. Belichick once again showed the world why he's the best coach in the NFL. Forget the coin-flip decision, he gave Denver the rush and took away the aerial game. Imagine that stiff Moreno running for 200+ yards? I can understand why Belichick told Parcells to F..off
    edited November 2013
    Obi One wrote: »
    Just last year same Patriots come back from down 31-3 in the 3rdQ to tie it at 31 against SF. Lose 34-41 though, but big comebacks nothing new for them.
    http://espn.go.com/nfl/boxscore?gameId=321216017

*per Eric Edholm

You guys don't remember the Playoff game between Houston (Bum Phillips) and Buffalo) Buffalo came back from down 30 points or so and I had Houston +2.5 and they lost by 3. I can't remember the name of the QB who came in the 2nd half and he had done the same thing in college coming back from 30 or so down. I'll find it later.

Here it is https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&ved=0CC4QFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fen.wikipedia.org%2Fwiki%2FThe_Comeback_(American_football)&ei=B-iTUsanLofboASin4GYCA&usg=AFQjCNGietgHVEjEno4HYUtG_IbPhgFJ7A&sig2=PGI9wg6Nlm6fpTQz-Ikgqw&bvm=bv.57127890,d.cGU
    edited November 2013
    Maryland famous Frank Reich....without looking