Betting Talk

going to be a long year...

newcombenewcombe Senior Member
edited November 2012 in Sports Betting
for the huskers hoops in the big 10. minimal scholarship players and basically a team made up of mostly scrubs that work their tails off. again, going to be an ugly season but I will still tune in when they decide to televise the big red...

beating Valpo would be decent tonight but I am not holding my breath...

Comments

• Chisox6Chisox6 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Honest question:
    Over/under 2 big ten wins?
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Chisox6 wrote: »
    Honest question:
    Over/under 2 big ten wins?

i'd like to see the odds on zero wins :). I think they will scrape a couple out at home with defense and occasional dece shooting but I wouldn't feel comfortable going any higher...
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited November 2012
    newcombe wrote: »
    for the huskers hoops in the big 10. minimal scholarship players and basically a team made up of mostly scrubs that work their tails off. again, going to be an ugly season but I will still tune in when they decide to televise the big red...

beating Valpo would be decent tonight but I am not holding my breath...

Being a PSU hoops fan, I know that feeling (not necessarily this season since I think PSU will at least be respectable). But the Big Ten is a tough hill to climb (especially this year) when trying to build a program. Don't know about you, but I get every conference game at this point between CBS/ESPN family/BTN (not sure if that's good news or bad news for you :) ).
    edited November 2012
    TommyL wrote: »
    Being a PSU hoops fan, I know that feeling (not necessarily this season since I think PSU will at least be respectable). But the Big Ten is a tough hill to climb (especially this year) when trying to build a program. Don't know about you, but I get every conference game at this point between CBS/ESPN family/BTN (not sure if that's good news or bad news for you :) ).

PSU should most certainly be respectable. their talent level surpasses that of this current husker team by an ungodly amount but like you said its rebuilding time although unfortunately they have been trying to build, not 're'build, for a long time. Bring back Danny Nee :)...

local kid from omaha heading to Louisville and never considered the thought of going down to Lincoln and why should he....
  • RonyBallgameRonyBallgame Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Add a Georgia Bulldog hoops fan to this thread of misery. We are awful. If Indiana lays less than 25 on Monday, consider it an early Christmas gift to be able to wager on IU.
    edited November 2012
    Add a Georgia Bulldog hoops fan to this thread of misery. We are awful. If Indiana lays less than 25 on Monday, consider it an early Christmas gift to be able to wager on IU.

After seeing Auburn, I'd consider laying double digits if Georgia played them tomorrow.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    Basketball in Nebraska = Creighton, basketball in Pa. = Pitt, Temple, 'Nova, (St. Joes this year) etc. etc. just the way it is and probably will be for some time. I can sympathize with you when it comes to Rebel football though ;-)
    edited November 2012
    TheReb wrote: »
    Basketball in Nebraska = Creighton, basketball in Pa. = Pitt, Temple, 'Nova, (St. Joes this year) etc. etc. just the way it is and probably will be for some time.

It hasn't always been creighton. go back some years and the huskers had some decent teams. Im a fan of the jays as well though. absolute great time going to their games - capacity crowds for all home games. was worried about them in the 1H last night but they fired back in the 2H.
    edited November 2012
    huskers doing everything in their power to blow this one... typical.
    edited November 2012
    2-0... enjoy it while it last big red. it won't be long :)...
  • wborder900wborder900 Senior Member
    edited November 2012
    I will be betting against them in big ten play again this year. I did well off them last year. Particularly when they were at home and still lost by double digits....
    edited November 2012
    wborder900 wrote: »
    I will be betting against them in big ten play again this year. I did well off them last year. Particularly when they were at home and still lost by double digits....

last year I believe they were a tough cover at home in alot of situations but I would have to go back and look. their totals when playing at home are brutally minimized but they hit the road last year and tried to run/score at a rapid pace as they thought that was there only chance of keeping it close. we'll see how things go this year. You will get as good an effort out of these players as any team out there but the talent is so far below that they will lose over 90% of their big ten games. they will give some teams some fits though again with their effort and energy.

i wouldn't just blindly bet against them in big 10 play though as the lines will certainly be adjusted accordingly...
  • KidHuskerKidHusker Member
    edited November 2012
    newcombe wrote: »
    It hasn't always been creighton. go back some years and the huskers had some decent teams. Im a fan of the jays as well though. absolute great time going to their games - capacity crowds for all home games. was worried about them in the 1H last night but they fired back in the 2H.

Danny Nee!!! hahaha We can only hope Miles stays around as long (which is pretty rare these days unless you're at an elite program).

We're definitely going to struggle this year, but I'm encouraged for the future. Miles is a good coach and he's already recruiting better than anyone we've had. It can't be easy to get kids to come to Nebraska - I sure as hell don't want to be back in the cold.
    edited November 2012
    PSU loses Tim Frazier for the season to a ruptured Achilles. There might not be a player in the Big Ten that's more important to his team (he was pretty much the glue that held this PSU team together). It's going to be a very long winter in Happy Valley. The game against Akron on Sunday turned into a disaster when he went out. I'll be interested to see the spread on the Bucknell game on Friday, PSU is going to have a very tough time keeping it close with them.
    edited November 2012
    PSU loses Tim Frazier for the season to a ruptured Achilles. There might not be a player in the Big Ten that's more important to his team (he was pretty much the glue that held this PSU team together). It's going to be a very long winter in Happy Valley. The game against Akron on Sunday turned into a disaster when he went out. I'll be interested to see the spread on the Bucknell game on Friday, PSU is going to have a very tough time keeping it close with them.

thats unfortunate Tommy and sadly you may have to join the cellar with the big red.
  • TheRebTheReb Senior Member
    edited November 2012

Sorry to hear that, did the commentators actually say "down goes Frazier"....for the younger ones on here that's the infamous line when Ali knocked down Joe Frazier, can't assume anything anymore these days lol...