• justwannawinjustwannawin Junior Member
    edited September 2012
    Yep......great week....well done StevieY
  • underwrapsunderwraps Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Yep very good job!!! :clapup:
  • buythehookbuythehook Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Awesome job... Always appreciate all ur efforts and everything u do!!
  • bluejakebluejake Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    What a week 8-0, and up over 30 units on the long grind of a baseball season, thank you for sharing your selections and knowledge.
  • hotbustophotbustop Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    What happened with Twinspires??????
  • StevieYStevieY Senior Handicapper
    edited September 2012
    hotbustop wrote: »
    What happened with Twinspires??????

Someone hacked into their system and stole customer names, addresses and SS#(they never said anything about DOB so i assume they got that too). The SS#'s were hashed but if you are smart enough to hack into a system, you can probably decipher the hash. They said it was just a small subset of their users(like 20%) but the horse site I frequent, about 70% of the people there received a letter. They did offer those affected a year of credit monitoring for free but I'd recommend that those affected keep it up after the year. They could just sit on the data for a year before doing anything with it. I had security on most of my accounts so it wasn't real serious(well it's always serious but I at least had coverage). I just had to make sure I had everything covered and in order. That shit can ruin you.

There are lots of theories going around about the demographics of the people that got letters. If you believe that the 20% is correct, it seems like they targeted people who put a lot of money thru the window(with a few exceptions). If you believe it is closer to the 70% affected, there probably is no rhyme or reason to it. I know 2 people who had accounts at Youbet and were moved to Twinspires when TS bought them. They play decent money and didn't receive a letter. I don't think anyone outside Twinspires will ever know the full story. Anything or anyone involved in horse racing is very good at covering shit. You notice no horse "news" site covered this. Someone contact the Thoroughbred Times about it and were told they had no interest in covering it. No wonder I bet as much as I can offshore on sites that don't stick it in the pool. :)

This isn't the exact letter they sent to customers affected but t covers most of it.

http://www.twinspires.com/content/node/1092002
  • rhinocerosrhinoceros Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    did i miss a post for MLB for today, 9/17?
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2012
    rhinoceros wrote: »
    did i miss a post for MLB for today, 9/17?

No, Stevie just didn't start a new thread for the week yet, no plays posted for today.
    edited September 2012
    Padres... never in doubt.
  • Bigfish23Bigfish23 Member
    edited September 2012
    Lol yeah never
  • MustangMustang Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    Is it that hard to post comments in this thread versus the actual play thread?
    edited September 2012
    Mustang wrote: »
    Is it that hard to post comments in this thread versus the actual play thread?

Dunno what it is these past few days, no one had done it in months and now we have an epidemic. :)
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited September 2012
    hahahaha I just loled so hard
    edited September 2012
    hahahaha I just loled so hard

I used to add "please don't respond/apologize in this thread", my bad for not continuing to do so.
  • chuckhchuckh Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Stevie any opinions on MLB today?
    edited October 2012
    chuckh wrote: »
    Stevie any opinions on MLB today?

Nothing strong, I played St Louis and Baltimore very small.
  • Papa BingPapa Bing Member
    edited October 2012
    Stevie - any more MLB this year?
    edited October 2012
    Papa Bing wrote: »
    Stevie - any more MLB this year?

If I see something I like, yes, but you don't see a lot off this time of year.
  • BeardedTacoBeardedTaco Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    NHL proposes six year 50/50 revenue split offer

gogogogogogogogogogogogogo
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    NHL proposes six year 50/50 revenue split offer

gogogogogogogogogogogogogo

Hell yes
    edited October 2012
    lumpy19 wrote: »
    Hell yes

Unfortunately, they are going to try to start the season in two weeks and they want to get an entire season in. Good luck with that. 82 games in a month less time. Good news is there will be lots of teams traveling overnight to Winnipeg. :)
    edited October 2012
    StevieY wrote: »
    Unfortunately, they are going to try to start the season in two weeks and they want to get an entire season in. Good luck with that. 82 games in a month less time. Good news is there will be lots of teams traveling overnight to Winnipeg. :)

Seems like the schedule will be more brutal for these guys than the 66 game schedule the NBA just crammed in.
  • LowkeyLowkey Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Gary Bettman said it will only work out to one extra game every 5 weeks.
    edited October 2012
    Lowkey wrote: »

Must be the new math. Regular season is usually 28 weeks long. Throw out the all-star break and that is 27 weeks of playing. That is 3.04 games per week. 12-13 games missed the first month, cram that into 5.5 months looks like a little more than 1 game every two weeks. May not sound like much and for teams in the east it probably won't be, but the teams in the western conference already have some crazy travel schedules.
    edited October 2012
    Lowkey wrote: »

while that may be true there's essentially no preseason, no team practice time, nov 2 is a little over 2 weeks away
  • LowkeyLowkey Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    StevieY wrote: »
    Must be the new math. Regular season is usually 28 weeks long. Throw out the all-star break and that is 27 weeks of playing. That is 3.04 games per week. 12-13 games missed the first month, cram that into 5.5 months looks like a little more than 1 game every two weeks. May not sound like much and for teams in the east it probably won't be, but the teams in the western conference already have some crazy travel schedules.

When I read it my first thought was they are going to be playing a couple of weeks later in to the summer.
    edited October 2012
    Nice to get an easy one out of the way to start the week
    edited October 2012

Way to jinx Saturday. :nono:

We only allow reverse jinxes here.
    edited October 2012

Looked like a gift and it was at the end, but so were the 28 non-offensive points that were scored. You can't even break down a game like that, total throwout because the 3 TO TD's and 2 long TD runs in the first 20 minutes changes everything about how the game is played the rest of the way. I'll take it though, that will cancel out the GT/Clemson game. Three more to go.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited October 2012
    Stevie - With Verlander pitching game 1, dont you see more value in taking Giants to win Series after Game 1? Just curious, I like Giants also but was going to wait since I think Tigers take Game 1.