Betting Talk

Beef O'Brady Bowl..............

SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Sports Betting
Love the bowl name, lol.

FIU -4 2 Units

Panthers with a big experience edge here, and the better defense. Not impressed with the way Marshall played the 2nd half of the season, with blowout losses to Houston and Tulsa, and struggled to beat bad teams like Rice, Memphis, and E.Carolina. I look for FIU's athletic front 7, to harrass the fairly immobile freshman QB of Marshall, and slow down the run game of Marshall. I also look for FIU's star wideout T.Y Hilton, to have a big final game. He was slowed by an injury in several games this year, and is a huge difference maker in both the recieving game, and special teams.

Comments

• SunBelterSunBelter Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Also played this prop for a unit:

T.Y Hilton Total yards rushing and recieving Over 90.5 (Bookmaker)

I look for him to get 2-4 carries rushing, as FIU will build their game plan around getting him the ball.
  • Mrtk31Mrtk31 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Like your prop bet. Not high on either team. FIU lost the 'stat war' in 3 of their last 4. I like <49 (5dimes).
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited December 2011
    How do you see Rhodes being used and what type of output do you expect from him, if you have a moment and don't mind? Thanks, Sunny. GL!
    edited December 2011
    horn wrote: »
    How do you see Rhodes being used and what type of output do you expect from him, if you have a moment and don't mind? Thanks, Sunny. GL!

I believe they will run him alot, to try and establish the run. Marshall does not have a very good run defense. Almost took the over on his rushing yards prop bet.
    edited December 2011
    I took Rhodes O78.5, so glad to hear you agree. I was debating playing Hilton receiving O79.5 but after you posting that BM had the rush/rec I played the same way you did. He only gets 8 or so ypg on the ground but like you said, i think they just feed him today and may have some diff ways to get it to him. Hopefully he and Rhodes have good games.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Thanks SB--normally a follower of your picks--but will probably just stay off this game as it concerns me greatly, how much better the strength of schedule/opponents power rating edge Marshall has over FIU
    edited December 2011
    Thanks SB--normally a follower of your picks--but will probably just stay off this game as it concerns me greatly, how much better the strength of schedule/opponents power rating edge Marshall has over FIU

I took that into consideration Bucky, but just feel like Marshall was a diff team in the 1st half of the season. They had nice wins over S.Miss and Louisvill in their first 6, but for whatever reason, dropped off in the last 6.
    edited December 2011
    Adding another Prop:

Longest TD Over 47.5 Yards .25 unit

Some big play guys in this one on both sides.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    SunBelter wrote: »
    I took that into consideration Bucky, but just feel like Marshall was a diff team in the 1st half of the season. They had nice wins over S.Miss and Louisvill in their first 6, but for whatever reason, dropped off in the last 6.

Thanks for your response SB--BOL
  • SwishSwish Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    I did not know FIU played 2 QB; sure hope he is better than the one in there now! I don't think he has a clue or he is very nervous! Sunbelter:What can you tell me about the other QB?
    edited December 2011
    Swish wrote: »
    I did not know FIU played 2 QB; sure hope he is better than the one in there now! I don't think he has a clue or he is very nervous! Sunbelter:What can you tell me about the other QB?

Other one is a freshman, who is injured. Not sure if he is able to go or not. Hilton going out for a while hurt, and ridiculiously conservative play calling is keeping it tight. FIU not taking any shots downfield.
    edited December 2011
    Still think FIU is the better team. Playing them -3 for 2nd half for a half unit.
  • rolltiderolltide Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    TY is a good talent but always banged up in and out of games all year
  • GooseSTLGooseSTL Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Still think FIU is the better team. Playing them -3 for 2nd half for a half unit.

I'm at 3.5 but still going to take it. Let's hope the under stays as is. Thx Belter. Hope all is well.
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    When is FIU goning to play the other QB. The kid is killing this game for FIU play after play!
  • vegas dixvegas dix Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Yea he is horrible. Receivers are wide open.
  • CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    This game is horrible... These teams are horrible... This is why we need a playoff...
  • cabster13cabster13 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    That was brutal for FIU. The ESPN pimps must be on the payroll for the FIU coach and if Pitt really wants that guy they can have at him. Bad teams...bad game... bad finish...... thug city!
    edited December 2011
    Sorry guys, just an awful performance by Carroll. No excuses, bad pick.
    edited December 2011
    Sad to see TY go out without a W. Glad that one is over as a fan and bettor, lol. Now give me a WAC selection for tomorrow - close enough to the Sun Belt :)
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited December 2011
    Prop still got there despite him missing time with the hamstring issue and not being 100% afterwords so that worked out....
  • Dave MasonDave Mason Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    How about me needing Florida to close out a three Team teaser. Had Flor +6.
    Did someone whisper in the coaches ear " hey, lets screw Dave Mason & throw with the lead & :25 left in the game"
    Yes I know teasers suck & I don't play many but geeez, that was a baaaaad lose
  • DamageIncDamageInc Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Sorry guys, just an awful performance by Carroll. No excuses, bad pick.

Despite how bad he was, two touchdowns with less than 30 seconds to end the game and half, then a blocked punt all in the same game. Plus fourth and inch you go for it. Thanks for plays and keep up the good work.
    edited December 2011
    DamageInc wrote: »
    Despite how bad he was, two touchdowns with less than 30 seconds to end the game and half, then a blocked punt all in the same game. Plus fourth and inch you go for it. Thanks for plays and keep up the good work.

Yeah, I thought punting on 4th and an inch was a gutless call. Its a freaking bowl game.
  • vegas dixvegas dix Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    how anyone would want this coach after that play calling is beyond me? they can have him. what a disgracefull performance for a bowl game
  • ggm1976ggm1976 Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Game is over guys, let's move on to next one, 2 pages for a game like this is too much. Sunbelter knows he lost, no need to dwell, he is one of the best handicappers on here, keep up good work buddy, happy holidays!
    edited December 2011
    Appreciate it ggm.

My final word on last night. To judge Mario Cristabal's ability as a coach based on one bowl game, is incredibly short sighted. The man has worked a minor miracle at FIU. He took over a very young program, coming off an 0-12 season. They didnt even have a weight room at FIU when he got there. One month into the job, he was told they were losing 30 scholarships due to violations prior to his arrival. The guy can coach and recruit, and IMO Pitt would be damn lucky to get him.