Betting Talk

allen boston espn podcast

Petey PabloPetey Pablo Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Sports Betting
Love him or hate him I feel its great radio. He liked NW a lot tonight and also liked Mich. I just love sports INFO and he has it. I personally like him wish I could here more from him each day. Does he post anywhere? I know he used too.

Comments

• CoopsCoops Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I like NW and Michigan too tonight... Now Im down the vig... Great
  • lumpy19lumpy19 Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Love him or hate him I feel its great radio. He liked NW a lot tonight and also liked Mich. I just love sports INFO and he has it. I personally like him wish I could here more from him each day. Does he post anywhere? I know he used too.

He seems pretty tired of the game....like he wants to retire but can't
  • BigfistBigfist Member
    edited November 2011
    Is he still around? I remember him posting on SSB a few years ago and he sounded like a huge whiner.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Bigfist wrote: »
    Is he still around? I remember him posting on SSB a few years ago and he sounded like a huge whiner.

That was LVA.
  • TheDudeTheDude Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    He is a living legend, he has ideas that nobody has thought of. His instinct and logic ...still....is 2nd to none. It has been an unbelievable experience listening to him dissect games.

I always root for Red.
  • Petey PabloPetey Pablo Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    TheDude wrote: »
    He is a living legend, he has ideas that nobody has thought of. His instinct and logic ...still....is 2nd to none. It has been an unbelievable experience listening to him dissect games.

I always root for Red.

Pretty much
  • BigfistBigfist Member
    edited November 2011
    Goats is right..it was LVA.
  • Petey PabloPetey Pablo Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    And I think sfw a lil bit if I'm not mistaken.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited November 2011
    And I think sfw a lil bit if I'm not mistaken.

Possibly, yeah. I only pointed out it wasn't SSB for obvious reasons.

In any case, my fairly uneducated opinion is that he used to be a big winner between his intimate knowledge of the teams/coaches/intanglibles in an era when the market wasn't nearly as sharp. My impression, however, is that as the market has tightened up and it's gotten tougher to win, his methodology, while still full of insight, may not have led to any significant success in the past few years.

I also agree with the poster who said it sounds like he'd rather be retired.

Last anecdote: If you've never seen it, find the Poker After Dark episodes he was on (they're probably on YouTube or elsewhere). He was clearly under the influence during one session and it was pretty entertaining.

Caveat: I've never met the man and only know him from his public appearances on radio/tv/forums, so I could be way off and I'm sure there are others at BT that have far more first hand knowledge.
  • RickPetermanRickPeterman Member
    edited November 2011
    Assuming he won in the past (and I assume that was the case), do you guys think he can still beat CBB going forward?
    edited November 2011
    Assuming he won in the past (and I assume that was the case), do you guys think he can still beat CBB going forward?

I know he can.

Mid January and on is tough, a difft animal.

There are a # of reasons why it is tough to win after that point, energy levels being one of them.
  • namathfannamathfan Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Dude, do you scale back from mid-January on?
  • InsiderInsider Senior Member
    edited November 2011

He won along time ago.
    edited November 2011
    namathfan wrote: »
    Dude, do you scale back from mid-January on?

Yes I do, except for a few select spots on the schedule ...but yes late in season value goes down, and so does my bet size and volume.