Betting Talk

Ohio State Buckeyes

WeirWeir Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Sports Betting
A friend of mine brought this up in conversation yesterday & I thought it was interesting.
Since OSU isn't bowl eligible, will they play hard? I guess you can make a case for both sides here, so I figured I'd ask for some other views...
My friend played against OSU this week simply b/c he thinks they don't give 2 shits about this season. I made a case for OSU just to get a rise out of him, but I don't know what to think here.
Thoughts?

Comments

• WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    N/L yet v. The U next Saturday night...
  • newcombenewcombe Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    these athletes you would hope would want to compete no matter what but I don't know the psyche of these kids and how the coaches are handling the fact that they are bowl-less. my guess is when they come to lincoln to play nebraska in the weeks to come they are thinking win and playing their asses off. USC in same situation but they are just plain bad.
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited September 2011
    Weir wrote: »
    Since OSU isn't bowl eligible

??? Link please ???
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Contrarian wrote: »
    ??? Link please ???

Are the eligible? I just assumed he was correct-you gotta be kidding me if OSU is eligible???

OTOH, is this Contrarian from such other forums as BC??
  • ContrarianContrarian Banned
    edited September 2011
    The Buckeyes are most definitely bowl eligible, I am not sure why you think that they are not/would not be?

Yes, BC/SFW Contrarian here.
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    They'll give a sh*t....Although they didn't exactly roll Toledo - They are 2-0 - with a season average of 34 points scored and 11 points allowed.
  • Cademm23Cademm23 Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    The rulings have not been made yet, but most experts think they will not be banned from playing in a bowl. Not sure why you are assuming they won't be eligible. Also, you don't know much about OSU as it doesn't matter what's going on there or who's on the field, they play for pride. They are not going to roll over for anybody. Toledo is a lot better than anyone knows yet, and the Bucks were struggling. Look how many positions have been replaced and how many backups and freshman are in there. Are you kidding me?? This is almost like the Bucks 2nd string and recruits playing right now.
  • OneBadKittyOneBadKitty Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    OSU usually has a tough time with the intra-state games, at least in the first half. No second half, "enough of this shit" steamroller with Toledo (who is at the top of their conference if I'm not mistaken) but that doesn't mean the Bucks don't roll on the next one.
  • BuckyBadgerBuckyBadger Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    OSU usually has a tough time with the intra-state games, at least in the first half. No second half, "enough of this shit" steamroller with Toledo (who is at the top of their conference if I'm not mistaken) but that doesn't mean the Bucks don't roll on the next one.
    I thought I read/saw/heard somewhere that Ohio State has not lost an intrastate football game since sometime in the 1920's
  • OneBadKittyOneBadKitty Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I don't think they have but those teams usually put up a fight in the first half.
  • BigfistBigfist Member
    edited September 2011
    I thought I read/saw/heard somewhere that Ohio State has not lost an intrastate football game since sometime in the 1920's

There was a time, in the 70's, when both Toledo and Miami of Ohio certainly could have played them tough and beaten them. But Woody wouldn't put them on the schedule. And I cannot recall a game where OSU played an intrastate game on the road.
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Contrarian wrote: »
    The Buckeyes are most definitely bowl eligible, I am not sure why you think that they are not/would not be?

Yes, BC/SFW Contrarian here.

The whole Tressel thing...
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    jackson21 wrote: »
    They'll give a sh*t....Although they didn't exactly roll Toledo - They are 2-0 - with a season average of 34 points scored and 11 points allowed.

I'm not at all impressed thus far. They should have been able to name the score week 1; they can't even get the cover...
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Cademm23 wrote: »
    The rulings have not been made yet, but most experts think they will not be banned from playing in a bowl. Not sure why you are assuming they won't be eligible. Also, you don't know much about OSU as it doesn't matter what's going on there or who's on the field, they play for pride. They are not going to roll over for anybody. Toledo is a lot better than anyone knows yet, and the Bucks were struggling. Look how many positions have been replaced and how many backups and freshman are in there. Are you kidding me?? This is almost like the Bucks 2nd string and recruits playing right now.

Dude, did you read my OP? I made a case for OSU, geez. Plus I was simply trying to start conversation in hopes to pick more winners ats. GL this season.
  • HowardBealHowardBeal Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Its a basketball/band school now......oddsmakers will adjust soon to the fact that Tosu is now one of the bottomfeeders of a bad football conference.....
  • increasedoddincreasedodd Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    NCAA wont make them bowl ineligible until they lose a game - see Auburn last year. Not saying OSU has any chance of running the table, but NCAA can't chance an undefeated not playing in the Championship. Look for a "ruling" as soon as they lose
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Cademm23 wrote: »

Hmmmm....
  • WeirWeir Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Cademm, what are your thoughts on Colo next week?