Betting Talk

Shacro NCAAF Week 2 Plays

ShacroShacro Senior Member
edited September 2011 in Sports Betting
First plays of the season. It's always a good feeling to be back. All my lines come from 5Dimes. Good luck everyone.

313 San Diego State (-9.5)

Even with a cross country trip, the Aztecs should be able to handle the Knights. SDSU is accustomed to stopping the triple-option and Army was very unimpressive in their Week 1 game against N. Illinois -- even falling victim to the injury bug.

343 TCU (-2)

Although an entertaining Friday night showdown, I thought the play of the new-look TCU Horned Frogs could have been a lot better. Air Force is a threatening team this season, but I'm not ready to second-guess TCU's defense and the coaching strategy of Gary Patterson. Even if the game is close (which is usually the case between these two teams when the game is played @AF), I don't think the Horned Frogs have trouble covering this spread. That being said, this line doesn't pass the smell test.

387 Georgia Tech (-10.5)

Even after a solid outing against Purdue last week, MTSU has a defense that is far too depleted to handle this GT triple-option. If MTSU can somehow slow down the GT ground attack, head coach Paul Johnson will take advantage of a rundown MTSU secondary.

Comments

• spareshooterspareshooter Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I am with you ont TCU and San Diego State. Good Luck
    Spare
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    I am with you ont TCU and San Diego State. Good Luck
    Spare

I'm most confident in SDSU, but the TCU line makes me a bit nervous. Even in Colorado Springs, a line of (-2) seems a little low to me.

Good luck, sir.
  • ShacroShacro Senior Member
    edited September 2011
    Week 2 :: 2-1 (+0.90)