Betting Talk

Gold Cup Thread

Comments

• TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited June 2011
    horn wrote: »
    I'm assuming you mean in regards to my reasoning behind taking Jamaica..

If so, it's fairy simple.. Our defense is rubbish, the strikers are worse, Jamaica is athletic enough to crowd the midfield. Jam is playing at a higher level right now than we are and I think the likelihood of Jam winning or drawing is far greater than us winning by 2 or more. Sorry it's sorta brief and really unpolished but that's the best way I can get my reasoning across without writing a puff piece.

Not sure if you're aware, but both Landon and Dempsey attended weddings across the country today and are taking overnight flights back to DC. Both of their sisters got married today, Landon's in California and Clint's in Texas. Just one more distraction that comes at a bad time (though I applaud both of them for making the weddings).
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Didn't know that but it makes me like the bet even more. Thanks for the nugget.
    edited June 2011
    Wednesday, June 22:

Mexico ML -280 (1.5 units risked)
    edited June 2011
    2H

Mexico ML -155
    OVER 1,1.5 -115
  • BIGtimerDCBIGtimerDC Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Tough luck with Mexico they had been playing so well. Just to clarify because I wasn't able to see the lines prior, but the -280 was to win in regulation correct or just to win period? Thanks
  • RightAngleRightAngle Admin
    edited June 2011
    Now they score 2.....
    edited June 2011
    BIGtimerDC wrote: »
    Tough luck with Mexico they had been playing so well. Just to clarify because I wasn't able to see the lines prior, but the -280 was to win in regulation correct or just to win period? Thanks

It was just regulation so all bets lost except the future on them to win the cup
    edited June 2011
    RightAngle wrote: »
    Now they score 2.....

I turned it off after Dos Santos missed that freebie in the 85th or so. Knew it just wasn't gonna happen.
  • StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    I know you have Mexico to win the whole thing already. But do you have any thoughts on the game tonight. Mexico +130 in regulation? -165 to win? Thanks in advance.
    edited June 2011
    I know you have Mexico to win the whole thing already. But do you have any thoughts on the game tonight. Mexico +130 in regulation? -165 to win? Thanks in advance.

Actually seems to be a pretty good job of pricing, IMO. Part of the reason I took Mexico to win earlier was because I wasn't entirely sure the USA would be in the final, and if that was the case, my line would be a steal.
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    LB,

Only if you care to comment on this part

2-1
    1-0

?

Thanks BB
    edited June 2011
    LB,

Only if you care to comment on this part

2-1
    1-0

?

Thanks BB

1-1, game decided in extra time/PK's
  • originalokieoriginalokie Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    You may be right on - thanks

PS

OU #1
    edited June 2011
    texas-ou21.jpg
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited June 2011
    Freddy Adu is starting? :surprised:

I know he looked good the other night, but starting?
    edited June 2011
    Goats wrote: »
    Freddy Adu is starting? :surprised:

I know he looked good the other night, but starting?

Fine with me as a Mexico bettor

Not fine with me as a USA fan

He did look good the other night, on offense, the problem is he sometimes forgets you can't form tackle the other players on defense
  • beefcakebeefcake Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Good luck tonight buddy.. Im with ya on mexico!
    edited June 2011
    ...and Donovan up top. This is either brilliant coaching or some serious over-thinking.

Our strikers are so mediocre that I've suggested just playing Dempsey at Forward to get the best guys on the field, even if they're slightly out of position, so I guess that's what Bradley is doing (although I'm still surprised that Adu is starting).
    edited June 2011
    Sorry so late..

Both Teams Score: YES -103
    edited June 2011
    ...and Donovan up top. This is either brilliant coaching or some serious over-thinking.

Our strikers are so mediocre that I've suggested just playing Dempsey at Forward to get the best guys on the field, even if they're slightly out of position, so I guess that's what Bradley is doing (although I'm still surprised that Adu is starting).

Mexico is really poor at the back, I'm guessing he is just going to pressure their back line on all match. Scary as this is to say, USA is the most potent offense the Mexicans have faced thus far this cup.....
    edited June 2011
    Scary as this is to say, USA is the most potent offense the Mexicans have faced thus far this cup.....

Yeah, that's really scary, but understandable.
  • kass101kass101 Senior Member
    edited June 2011
    Well isnt Bob Bradley a genius....

I love Freddy in the game because he brings something we really lack and that is the ability to beat people with the dribble.
    edited June 2011
    kass101 wrote: »
    Well isnt Bob Bradley a genius....

It's b/c he finally read my posts ging back to the last year's WC and put Dempsey up top. :)
    edited June 2011
    what a match!
    edited June 2011
    It's b/c he finally read my posts ging back to the last year's WC and put Dempsey up top. :)

Yep now he just needs to get the defense to mark someone, fucking terrible 3 on 5 and Mexico still scores.

And Adu is playing great by the way.
    edited June 2011
    mexicans are filthy as usual in this matchup
  • utixutix Banned
    edited June 2011
    mexicans are filthy

new sig, thanks
    edited June 2011
    mexicans are filthy as usual in this matchup

Brings me back to I think it was 94 and one of the Mexican players just kicked I think it was Lalas right in the balls. They are scum and of course the ref is Latino that wouldnt be biased.
    edited June 2011
    utix wrote: »
    new sig, thanks

lol, I originally typed, "Mexicans are filthy, as usual" went a little more PC but no dice!
    edited June 2011
    kass101 wrote: »
    Brings me back to I think it was 94 and one of the Mexican players just kicked I think it was Lalas right in the balls. They are scum and of course the ref is Latino that wouldnt be biased.

its always something in this matchup