Betting Talk

UGA/GT input from the board

jackets4jackets4 Member
edited November 2007 in Sports Betting
I would like some input from the board on this one. The line at 3' seems low and will certainly generate alot of $$$ on UGA in the south. As a GT fan, we have traditionally been a fantastic dog with the exception of this series. We have had superior athletes the 2 previous years but found a way to lose. This year, UGA is better and our QB is weak. Of course, with Choice playing, we are a totally different team.

Please post any input you have. Thanks.

Comments

• BoShankBoShank Junior Member
    edited November 2007
    I would have to say you are right about the last few games. The only thing that makes me lean toward UGA in this one, is that they are playing better football now than all year. Mark Richt has really got his team motivated over the last few weeks. I know this game is a big rivalry, but I don't think Richt will have any problems getting his team up for this one.
  • homerplayerhomerplayer Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    Not a Tech fan, but would love your input. I think your team improved a great deal with the addition by subtraction thing. I always thought Ball was a liability at QB, especially when he had Johnson at wideout who was dominate at the college level. thoughts on that?

I know UGA has won 5 straight in the series as you do too, and 5-1 ATS @Tech.

I was a bit surprised when I read your post. I wrote the line in at 7.5 and it opened at 6. so to see a 2.5 pt drop that quick caught my eye.

I think if Choice is in there, Jackets have a chance to run on UGA, who gave 146 per game on the ground this season.
    If Stafford is on, Dawgs should win. Tech will take away the run right? Still, looks like could be a close one

and is it me or is Tech good against average and bad clubs, but maybe not ready for real good teams?
  • jackson21jackson21 Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    Stat wise looks like a pretty close match up on paper -Edge to GTech taking away one of Ga. strengths , GT defense only giving up 89.5 rypg rushing - Ga stregth on O is the run 175 rypg/
    Ga Defense gives up 118 rypg / Gtech strenght on offense is running with 209 rypg.
    Pass yards both D & O look pretty darn close for both teams- If someone forced me to bet this game right now ,I would go with GTech +3.5.......
  • bourdobourdo Member
    edited November 2007
    the only reason this line is low is because of the inner state rivalry. dont be fooled by stats. georgia tech has a good team, but dont forget what georgias schedule has been. there isnt a team in the country that wants to play georgia right now, including the tigers. i like georgia to smoke that ass. but what the hell do i know
  • jackets4jackets4 Member
    edited November 2007
    Homer - I predicted the line at 7.5 myself and that is why I am soliciting input. GT's only good competition has been Clemson (13-3 winner as a 3 ponit dog), BC (24-10 loser as a 6 point fav), and Vtech (24-7 as a 2' point fav) - all at home. I don't count UVA (blocked punt), MD (missed FG), or ND as good teams even thought 2 of 3 were fluky losses.

jackson - GT's stats have been compiled against weaker competion than UGA.

This is why I am scratching my head on this one. I love GT as a dog anytime but UGA looks tempting. It is not going to be a big play regardless I just want to see what others are thinking. Thanks for continued input.
  • hornhorn Super Moderator
    edited November 2007
    one advantage for tech... dogs don't have their best player this year.. Reggie Ball
  • ReznorReznor Senior Member
    edited November 2007
    Im actually laying off this one until i know the outcome of the Tenn/UK game. If UK beats Tennessee in te early game then GA knows it will be playing for the SEC East championship. If that is the case then they have to come out on fire. If Tennesee wins then there may be a letdown on the Bulldogs. In that case it would be a no play for me.
  • jackets4jackets4 Member
    edited November 2007
    horn wrote:
    one advantage for tech... dogs don't have their best player this year.. Reggie Ball

Agreed...and Pat Nix is gone as well (ask The U how they like him). It wasn't Reggie who decided to only give Choice the ball once in the 4th quarter last year - but neither is missed.