Betting Talk

NCAA Sat

Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
edited October 2007 in Sports Betting
No one now knows me from Adam but here we go

1st Half W Virginia Over 29 - 1 unit
Orange will still be on their high and W Va out to prove something after loss and underperfomace. Add in that this game is on turf where fast is even faster and this could easily be 24-17 at half.
Illinois over 52 - 2 units
Wiscy is known as one of the top defenses in the Big 10 but this year they've shown vulnerability. However, the Badgers are also able to put up decent points as we saw against MSU. The Juice may be flying for the Illini but look for this game to be 34 or 37-31

Auburn -8 4 units
Let down game written all over it. I don't care, Tuberville has this team ready to win the West

TCU-Wyoming Would love to play TCU here but havent seen Wyoming this year and I can't play based on stats/trends alone. PASS, although if anyone has insight please share as this is intriguing line.

Tennessee +1.5 - 2 units
This Georgia team is one that is pretty Jeklly and Hyde to me. They get held to 4 FGs at home against the Cocks but put up 45 pretty quick against Ole Miss. Still have Stafford at QB and a lot of youngsters everywhere else. Tennessee was blown out by the Gators and lost to a very good Cal team. Vols and Fulmer know this is do or die and the fact that he "knows" they are dogs only adds to this play here. No need to go ML on this as the payoff doesn't nearly offset the risk of landing at 24-23

USC -41
Just had to mention that I would love to take 6 TDs but this is like taking 43 pts in the 1-16 NCAA tournament. It sure does sound good but then you watch the first half and ask "What was I thinking?" PASS

Purdue +7.5 (buy to -120) 4 units, ML +250 1 unit

I love hearing all the talk about OSU and how Purdue hasn't played anyone and they give up their HUGE leads in the 2nd half. I hope this line keeps shooting up and pressing the ML up. Who have the Buckeyes beaten this year? Um, looking at the schedule its pretty similar to who Purdue has beat. "But OSU beat Minnesota by 23 and Purdue only won by 14 so I'm going to lay a TD+ on the road."

A pretty similar situation happened back in '02 (If I remember correctly, didn't bother to look it up) with these two teams playing late in the day and both undefeated. OSU and the chemist needed a 4th and 7 TD pass to Jenkins to win. Now I'm not taking anything away from that game but Sat night will probably be the loudest in Ross-Ade Stadium. If Purdue scores early, which they usually do, this will cause problems for OSU. 3-2 Ball St at half was it, or was it Youngstown State?

Now everyone might wonder why are you playing ML if you're going to buy 0.5? Just smart money mgmt there. I don't see this as a blowout in any sense but just protecting against a 7 pt loss.

Top Plays
Auburn -8
Purdue +7.5 (buy)
Tenn +1.5
Illinois Over 52

Good luck guys:toast:

Comments

• 85percent85percent Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    like the auburn and illi over as well..
    but watch baylor and illi for the win
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    Bump, cause I'm that cocky and will keep a record
    edited October 2007
    in fact..just got done with some quick research and make Baylor my best play for the day
    3units + 10 bought a pt
    .5 ML +300

I have 1 unit on illi -2.5
    games to watch.. NC +7 - illin over - lsu/fl under
    GO BAYLOR
  • Top PickerTop Picker Banned
    edited October 2007
    Duke I I Have Been Following Tcu Hard And That Is One Of Top Plays!!!!! Tcu Should Not Be Getting Points Against An Average Wyoming Team!! Should Take The Points Its Gunna Be A Dawg Weekend. And Load Up On Lsu If It Drops Below Seven Florida Can Move The Ball Against That Tough Lsu Defense Not Mention Number One In The Freakin Nation They Will Rout Florida!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited October 2007
    Cant*
    edited October 2007
    And Please Take Ohio St They Will Run All Over Purdue And Their Defense Is Nasty!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    edited October 2007
    check out my post of official plays
    Baylor +10
    Baylor ML
    Illi -2,5
    n carolin 1st half +3.5
  • Duke30Duke30 Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    Good start 3-0 +7

Adding San Jose State -7 2 units

Seems almost everyone was on UNC and Illinois, be wary of other games where "It has to cover". These things even out over time. I'm just hoping it will be later tonight, say around 8 eastern.......

Good job 85%, keep it up but would appreciate thoughts behind plays when posting