Betting Talk

It is amazing how!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LuvtheHypeLuvtheHype Senior Member
edited October 2007 in Sports Betting
You can crucify an official when he is considered one of the best (if not the best) umpires in baseball. How about crucifying a 524 save pitcher that gave up 4 straight solid hits to give up 3 runs in extra innings after his offense gave him a 2 run HR in the top

Comments

• BettorThenMeBettorThenMe Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    i agree hoffman is washed up and this very well may have been the end of a stellar career. but the bottom line is McClelland should not get a free pass. what bothered me was it looked like he was out of position to make the call. he was looking up the first baseline then gave a delayed call. these are supposed to be the best of the best umpires. this is a perfect example as to why replay should be used in instance like this, at least in the post season. if you have the technology why not use it. if replay is good enough for football and basketball it is good enough for baseball. i think the reason they don't use it is because most of these umps have such an ego, they don't want to be corrected.
  • djmd31djmd31 Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    i agree hoffman is washed up and this very well may have been the end of a stellar career. but the bottom line is McClelland should not get a free pass. what bothered me was it looked like he was out of position to make the call. he was looking up the first baseline then gave a delayed call. these are supposed to be the best of the best umpires. this is a perfect example as to why replay should be used in instance like this, at least in the post season. if you have the technology why not use it. if replay is good enough for football and basketball it is good enough for baseball. i think the reason they don't use it is because most of these umps have such an ego, they don't want to be corrected.

I agree, a good ump who made a bad call. Replay should be used. But Hoffman deserves a lot of the blame. I wonder how Holliday's head is feeling right now
  • LuvtheHypeLuvtheHype Senior Member
    edited October 2007
    Ego, hmmmmm some do have egos that is for sure, but they are the best percentage wise on the field of the major sports. Many people don't have a clue what goes on out there. For example, Milton Bradley. He has been a problem since he was drafted and had many incidents in the minors. Picture dealing with a people that are making 252million dollars, many egos, that we see more and more in the news for arrests and problems of that sort. I might be going off subject, but I will say that it is all ego, umpire, player, coach MLB and all other sports involved. And he was in one of the best positions that you could have on that play, but I would even say the on deck batter was even better, just to the side of McClelland