Betting Talk

Here's the scoop on what's going on w/Bodog

MastermindMastermind Senior Member
edited August 2007 in Sports Betting
Here is the scoop on the bodog issue.....

Aug 28, 2007 113.jpgBodog Down - Legal Dispute over Bodog.com DomainIn what first looked like a temporary DNS (Domain Name Server) issue has turned into a legal issue over the Bodog domain according to our source, Pete from Bodog affiliate management.

Players are now being referred to Newbodog.com until the problems are resolved.
Players first noticed the problem early last night when a page display error would occur trying to visit the website. When attempting to play the poker software an error message would come up asking to call customer support. This is when the support team first reported it was a DNS problem.

Shortly after, Calvin Ayre issued this short news piece as to what was really going on at this NewBodog about page. Here is the release.

"Welcome to the new (temporary) Bodog. As you may know by now, Bodog.com is experiencing a technical issue impacting our players' ability to access our website.
This is the result of a legal dispute over the ownership of the Bodog.com domain name. We are fighting this dispute. We are confident that we will win, but until all is settled, I do not want our battle to interrupt your play.

So, I present you with newbodog.com. You won't notice very many changes: same website, same brand, same product, and same service. Just a new domain name.

We are working to resolve any remaining issues on the temporary site as soon as possible, and fully expect to have our original site back up shortly.

I sincerely apologize if you were affected by our interruption and assure you that I will update you soon."

Regards,

Calvin Ayre

This issue is not only affecting players but affiliates as well. Affiliates are urged to change links to the "newbodog" website for this temporary problem.

To: www.newbodog.com/welcome/XXXXXX.

Pete the affiliate manager for Bodog assured that these new trackers would track properly and refer players to the correct webpage before and after the legal dispute is resolved and Bodog.com is back up and running. Affiliates can check their stats at https://affiliates.newbodog.com

News Source: Roger Shriver, Pete T. (Bodog.com Manager)