Betting Talk

microsoft word spreadsheet help

jets96jets96 Senior Member
edited February 2020 in Sports Betting
question , I have all my teams lined up in column A, 4 to 122 ...i have the results of what i need in column B....which is an avg of C to AK. I did all that pretty simple.
What am trying to do is , and again i copied and pasted all those teams again below 122 because i want to ,for argument sake get and avg of say line q to ak , like the last 10 games played . I want those results also in column B 122 to 244 ...
I know how to do it individually except it would take forever to do each team like that, anyway of just doing it once for all the teams...I know how to fill right or down and that kind of thing just cant figure it out....
any help would be much appreciated.

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    and its works not word
    edited February 2020
    Nevermind , got it ,just highlighted it and pasted it in the cell i wanted ...thanks
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    jets96 wrote: »
    Nevermind , got it ,just highlighted it and pasted it in the cell i wanted ...thanks

Jets96, sorry I just saw this. I haven’t used Works for a long time but it’s still probably really close to regular excel. In addition to what you already did, which is just fine, you should also be able to 1) in cell b123 make the change to get the average that you want of the last 10 games, and then 2) if you place your pointer/cursor at the the bottom right corner of the cell, the cursor/pointer should change to a small cross, and you can then hold down your mouse button and drag that cross straight down through rows 124-244, which will also copy that last-ten-games average formula through all those cells
    edited February 2020
    Thanks , my model is set up for game 1 to the end of the season, those non conf games dont mean all that much now , even though i still use them .
    Am going to start looking more closely to last 10, 5 , and 3 games....the problem is getting a good read on SOS ...right now i get a number for each team and compare in each matchup ....i adjust a little using kenpom sos overall ....so once i start looking at the last 10 ,5 and 3 i cant adjust using those sos anymore. I could look at sagarin RECENT but i dont know how recent those games are.
  • rookrook Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    jets96 wrote: »
    Thanks , my model is set up for game 1 to the end of the season, those non conf games dont mean all that much now , even though i still use them .
    Am going to start looking more closely to last 10, 5 , and 3 games....the problem is getting a good read on SOS ...right now i get a number for each team and compare in each matchup ....i adjust a little using kenpom sos overall ....so once i start looking at the last 10 ,5 and 3 i cant adjust using those sos anymore. I could look at sagarin RECENT but i dont know how recent those games are.

Now that I think about it, I’m wondering if I have this right: you seem to have repeated your first 122 rows so that you can average the last 10 games as opposed to the top 122 rows where all the games are averaged. Is that correct? If it is, and especially if you want to expand to also have 3 day averages and 5 day averages, the best way to do this might be to stay with just the first 122 rows, and insert 3 columns titled “10-day averages”, “5-day averages”, and “3-day averages”, so all that information for each row is all right next to each other...
    edited February 2020
    thats exactly how am going to do it , and its games not days ....last 10 games, last 5 games and last 3 games, just to give me an idea whats going on
    thank you for your help
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited February 2020
    any time you need sheet help hit me up I can do it for you no problem brother
    edited February 2020
    I know you would brother , no worries.
    thanks