Betting Talk

I see there is a twitter battle

StackAttackStackAttack Senior Member
edited August 2019 in Sports Betting
happening involving the RAS acct.

Comments

• danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    You are the worst News reporter ever, whats happening, details?
    edited August 2019
    Jambos Picks is a hot topic in the sports betting market. I was trying to figure out how it works

take the 1000 pick package
    if they have a real edge of say 2%
    even with a real 2% edge they should lose 1 out of 5 times roughly
    year 1 make 3000
    year 2 make 3000
    year 3 make 3000
    year 4 make 3000
    year 5 lose 7000

net 5000 per subscriber

if they have a 1000 subscribers they need 7,000,000 in escrow to pay out a loss for worst case

anybody think that math is about right?

- - - Updated - - -

and reality with the way they have it setup they probably dont have to pay out the whole 7000 on that bad year
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    danshan wrote: »
    Jambos Picks is a hot topic in the sports betting market. I was trying to figure out how it works

take the 1000 pick package
    if they have a real edge of say 2%
    even with a real 2% edge they should lose 1 out of 5 times roughly
    year 1 make 3000
    year 2 make 3000
    year 3 make 3000
    year 4 make 3000
    year 5 lose 7000

net 5000 per subscriber

if they have a 1000 subscribers they need 7,000,000 in escrow to pay out a loss for worst case

anybody think that math is about right?

- - - Updated - - -

and reality with the way they have it setup they probably dont have to pay out the whole 7000 on that bad year

They don't give out guarantees like that with any intention of paying. The guarantee has loopholes you can drive a truck through. It is very easy to get out of. I'd take that bet anytime but you are making a bigger bet on who you are dealing with.
    edited August 2019
    if they truly have an edge, which from reviewing their history against the line, I dont see a 2% edge.

but lets say if they have a 2% edge it seems like they will do just fine.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    if they truly have an edge, which from reviewing their history against the line, I dont see a 2% edge.

but lets say if they have a 2% edge it seems like they will do just fine.

Buy this package for us danshan and give us a report.
    edited August 2019
    what loopholes do you see? what makes you think they wont pay out?
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    what loopholes do you see? what makes you think they wont pay out?

You have to bet every game at the line they give out. If you don't bet every game at their line, the guarantee is void. So if they give out -4.5 and I can only get 5, I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.
    edited August 2019
    the thing is they probably have a small edge I am not sure it is enough to even overcome the margin and I am too lazy to do enough work on it.

here are the NFL picks

<thead style="box-sizing: border-box; outline: none !important; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) !important;">
    [TH="class: expand, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Date[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-game_time, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Start (EST)[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-matchup, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Matchup[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-play, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Play[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-release_dt, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Released[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-result, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Result[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-units_str, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Units[/TH]

</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; outline: none !important; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) !important;">
    08/25/2019
    08:00 PM
    Pittsburgh @ Tennessee
    Pittsburgh +1 (-110)
    08/25 12:08 PM
    W
    +1

08/24/2019
    San Francisco @ Kansas City
    San Francisco +3.5 (-110)
    08/23 04:35 PM
    W
    +1

08/23/2019
    07:30 PM
    Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
    Cleveland -2 (-110)
    L

</tbody>
    steelers closed at -110
    49ers -111
    Browns -111

that is not a 4% edge in anyway shape or form

- - - Updated - - -
    R40 wrote: »
    You have to bet every game at the line they give out. If you don't bet every game at their line, the guarantee is void. So if they give out -4.5 and I can only get 5, I am damned if I do and damned if I don't.

I dont think they are using bad lines or inflated, I just dont see the edge. I am not sure why they think they have an edge

- - - Updated - - -
    R40 wrote: »

you dont have to place any bets at all for the guarantee. you can bet $1 or 1,000,000 on any line you want but the guarantee uses to win 1 unit on every bet at the line they publish which they say is betcris.

on the record of lines I checked the lines were available on the bets I checked at a few shops, Pinny, BM, and BOL
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    the thing is they probably have a small edge I am not sure it is enough to even overcome the margin and I am too lazy to do enough work on it.

here are the NFL picks

<thead style="box-sizing: border-box; outline: none !important; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) !important;">
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-game_time, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Start (EST)[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-matchup, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Matchup[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-play, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Play[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-release_dt, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Released[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-result, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Result[/TH]
    [TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-units_str, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Units[/TH]

</thead><tbody style="box-sizing: border-box; outline: none !important; -webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0) !important;">
    08/25/2019
    Pittsburgh @ Tennessee
    Pittsburgh +1 (-110)
    W
    +1

08/24/2019
    W
    +1

08/23/2019
    Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
    Cleveland -2 (-110)
    L

</tbody>
    steelers closed at -110
    49ers -111
    Browns -111

- - - Updated - - -

I dont think they are using bad lines or inflated, I just dont see the edge. I am not sure why they think they have an edge

It seems they probably have a pretty bright bunch. They probably have an edge. But they have a stiff headwind with the sports they are going to try to beat and the question is what they can deliver to someone betting after they release. They need to have no line movement to provide much value. The guarantee itself has the potential to give them line movement that makes the guarantee unattainable.

- - - Updated - - -

here are the NFL picks

08/25/2019
    Pittsburgh @ Tennessee
    Pittsburgh +1 (-110)
    W
    +1

08/24/2019
    W
    +1

08/23/2019
    Cleveland @ Tampa Bay
    Cleveland -2 (-110)
    L

</tbody>
    steelers closed at -110
    49ers -111
    Browns -111

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

you dont have to place any bets at all for the guarantee. you can bet $1 or 1,000,000 on any line you want but the guarantee uses to win 1 unit on every bet at the line they publish which they say is betcris.

on the record of lines I checked the lines were available on the bets I checked at a few shops, Pinny, BM, and BOL

No, you have to buy the service and bet at least $300 per game.

The problem with buying a good tout's picks is that you cannot get the lines. So if these guys are as good as they say they are, you need to have professional level gambling skills to get the lines if they start moving them. A $300 bettor is not going to be able to do that. They are marketing to a novice level gambler and expecting them to have professional level gambling skills to get the guarantee.
    edited August 2019
    the thing that is shocking to me is that they bet so many games, I mean they bet a ton of games, how can they find an edge in this many games, that is crazy to me and today is a very small card

[TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-best_books, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Available[/TH]

08/26/2019
    03:10 PM
    ATL (Teheran) @ COL (Melville)
    COL (F5) +133
    08/26 11:00 AM
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    COL +130
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    07:10 PM
    CIN (Gray) @ MIA (Lopez)
    Under 4 (F5) -120
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    07:40 PM
    STL (Wainwright) @ MIL (Gonzalez)
    Over 5 (F5) -120
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    Over 9.5 -110
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    08:15 PM
    OAK (Bailey) @ KC (Keller)
    Over 9.5 -105
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    10:10 PM
    LAD (May) @ SD (Lauer)
    SD (F5) +140
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    LAD (May) @ SD (Lauer)
    Under 5 (F5) -115
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

</tbody>
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    the thing that is shocking to me is that they bet so many games, I mean they bet a ton of games, how can they find an edge in this many games, that is crazy to me and today is a very small card

[TH="class: wdtheader sort sorting_disabled column-best_books, bgcolor: unset, colspan: 1, align: left"]Available[/TH]

08/26/2019
    COL (F5) +133
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    COL +130
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    07:10 PM
    CIN (Gray) @ MIA (Lopez)
    Under 4 (F5) -120
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    Over 5 (F5) -120
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    Over 9.5 -110
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    08:15 PM
    OAK (Bailey) @ KC (Keller)
    Over 9.5 -105
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    LAD (May) @ SD (Lauer)
    SD (F5) +140
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

08/26/2019
    LAD (May) @ SD (Lauer)
    Under 5 (F5) -115
    Bookmaker
    Active
    Active

</tbody>

Yes, they are not going to with that kind of volume. This is a marketing strategy.

They apparently are pretty well financed and those financiers are betting less on their ability as much as their ability to get customers and turn a profit with legalized gambling.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    I can pretty much guarantee you the way this guarantee is going to work. You are going to buy the package and fail to meet the criteria for the guarantee. And then they are going to sweet talk you and tell you that you do not qualify for the guarantee but they will give you free picks for a while to make up for it because they value your business.
    edited August 2019
    if they actually have an edge which I firmly dont see, it is one hell of a good plan for a person who has an edge and can produce 1000 picks a quarter.

No worries of books limiting you
    no worries of needing upfront cash
    no need to even place bets
    no wire transfers
    just collect 3,000,000 hit that 2% edge and on the 1 out of 5 bad years pay up, great business plan
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    I am glad you have a new project. Keep us updating on the returns. This is going to be really interesting.
    edited August 2019
    I told Jambos I would do 30k if they will escrow now the 100k, they have not responded yet

the funniest shit ever read the interaction where RAS challenged jambos and Jambos called
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    I told Jambos I would do 30k if they will escrow now the 100k, they have not responded yet

the funniest shit ever read the interaction where RAS challenged jambos and Jambos called

That was a pretty easy call.
    edited August 2019
    follow the twitter conversation it is hilarious
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited August 2019
    follow the twitter conversation it is hilarious

Yes, I read it. Ed got outplayed there but not much to it. He limited him to buying the subscription knowing he'd never take it.