Betting Talk

1st 5 Innings vs Full Game

donny2donny2 Senior Member
edited May 2019 in Sports Betting
Does anyone here know if there is a database or statistics on this?

1. 1st 5 Innings Over vs Under? Such as how many games went over vs under and how much plus or minus units one would be? Of course this would be using closing lines. Also on AL Vs NL games? It has to be a bit higher on AL games due to the DH right? Of course that is adjusted to the line.

2. What percentage of games go Over 1st 5 and go Over Full game? What percentage of games Go Under 1st 5 and go Under Full game? I would take a guess and say its probably like high 70% or so where if it goes over 1st 5, it goes over full game? But if it goes under 1st 5, its more like high 60% to low 70% it stays under full game? Because i notice bullpens tend to blowup more than say 2 teams going over the 1st 5 and then can't score enough the 2nd half of the game.

3. Do you believe there is an advantage betting 1st 5 vs full game? I believe yes because the juice is higher since 1st 5 is like a prop bet and because of lower limits. Do you think in general if you like a full game over, you should go full game vs first half? Obviously factors like starting pitching and hitting factors into it such as very good starting pitcher and you like the over, probably bettor do full game. But say its a very bad pitcher, do 1st 5 instead in general? Of course the relievers could pitch very good or very bad etc. I always thought if you like the over, go 1st 5. If you like the under, go full game. I know you always pay less juice in full game vs 1st half.