mlb 2019

Comments

• jets96jets96 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    975 nyy -142....

listed luck
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Hey jets - hope you’re doing well. Just wanted to say hi and looking forward to CFB. You made it over to the meadowlands recently? Got too crazy for me and the aps make it easy to bet from my couch. I save trips for my big bets to get the cash back right away if it hits. Anyway place picks up in the fall or with Dan maybe coming back.
    edited July 2019
    thats funny , nope , dont have time to run down there now. I live like 10 min from jersey line so if i really wanted to ,i could do what everyone else does from new york.
    Am back and fourth watching my son play collegiate summer ball down in staten Island , he will be playing in the all star game monday night at yogi berra stadium , pretty exciting.
    I have all football lines maped out already , pro and college ,hope you and family are doing well and thanks for asking.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    jets96 wrote: »
    thats funny , nope , dont have time to run down there now. I live like 10 min from jersey line so if i really wanted to ,i could do what everyone else does from new york.
    Am back and fourth watching my son play collegiate summer ball down in staten Island , he will be playing in the all star game monday night at yogi berra stadium , pretty exciting.
    I have all football lines maped out already , pro and college ,hope you and family are doing well and thanks for asking.

That’s awesome. Wife’s family is from SI so I spend a lot of time down there. Good luck to your son and enjoy watching his games (as I am sure you are/know). Nothing better. Let’s stay in touch and hopefully beat some Cfb games.
    edited July 2019
    was there last night , philles scout was watching my son., came in with 1st and 2nd 1 out got out of inning 1 s/o and then pitched the next inning s/o 2 ...he is striking out 16 per 9 , he was sitting 90 ,very very good at this time of year.

stjoe0610 , did you once give me permission for email address ? cant remember , i want to ask you something but not in this forum.

915 balt +136

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    interesting yanks are dogs, snell not pitching well ,cc is getting old but has pitched great against tb ,without seeing lineups first and knowing the yanks are resting players ,but does it matter with that lineup , tb has to be shaking their heads ,have to take yanks as dogs in this spot.

917 nyy +126

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    come on yankees

930 chw +113

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    911 cold +105

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    Ill try a little tex tonight

952 tex +115

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    919 min +130

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    9097 ari -126

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    913 atl -143

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    929 lad ev
    listed luck
    edited July 2019
    955 atl -102

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    a little blind taking this now without seeing lineups but either way still plenty of value in my mind.

952 stl -129

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    905 stl +107
    909 mIL +102

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    laa -115

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    917 tex +117

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    968 hou -156

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    917 cle -128

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    people talk about if they have an edge , both my models take atl one has them -190 the other -178..

905 ATL -134

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    kinda same thing with hou , except i dont use fip in my model

929 hou -104

listed luck
    edited July 2019
    astros couldnt hang on ...

back with the braves tonight

955 atl -119

listed luck
  • spiderman77spiderman77 Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    jets96 wrote: »

955 atl -119

listed luck

Nice line value. Your boy dan would be proud. You seem to get good line value with your early posts, yet you rarely post early. If I recall correctly, it's because you like to see the starting lineups. But by that time all the line value is gone, so is it really worth waiting?
    edited July 2019
    That's a great question. I don't worry about line value as much as winning the bets . Over a very long sample size I have won more games then lost when the market told me, thought i was wrong. DR H great baseball capper , when he was last selling picks , last year or the year before , we picked different sides of 12 games , i was 11-1 in those games ,my line value wasn't so good in those games ,but did it matter.
    Weekends I can look at games much earlier then during the week, and lines move a lot once those lineups are put out anyway, even then I still have a fairly good clv.
    edited July 2019
    a few examples , i like the dodgers ,have them as a pretty big fav but id like to see lineups first, which could either put me on or off the game using my lineup model.
    I have milu as a pretty good fav ..split line a few min ago and now moved to milu side , i couldve blindly took milu and without doing anything had value, as of now , it can change ,but with my lineup model it could swing towards the cubbies , so i can wait it out on those.
    Here is the thing ,sometimes when my first model tells me the lineups dont matter, like atl yesterday ,and other days , i can pounce on them, today the two examples are close so i have to wait.
    If any of this makes sense.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Not a bad idea to wait on a day game after a night game.
    edited July 2019
    yes and no , i understand what your saying but thats not a big factor for me
    edited July 2019
    bumpo i take that back, this is where Danshan changed my model for me, kudos to him, I think he found that if the home team won a night game before playing a day game it had better numbers then what i was using for my model , its only a small part of it but it helped. And it didn't have to do with lineups.
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited July 2019
    Just sayin' teams are more likely to rest players in that situation.