Betting Talk

Hey Goats

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited July 2018 in Sports Betting
Smarten up and get rid of this Dan and make this place people want to visit. I know Bucky for 20 years and never heard him get angry or say anything negative. Get rid of this guy do most of us a favor. At the very least limit him to 5 posts a day and no back to back posts maybe that will help. Personally I'd love see nobody post anything until this JO is barred.

We had some new guys come around over the last six months or so and some sounded pretty sharp. But I don't see them anymore because this moron sits by a computer all day every day just waiting till something pops up. Hope I'm not putting to much pressure on you because this isn't going away this is problem. BT was the place at one time yes we had some arguments from time to time but this guy is a totally different story. Do something anything. Jesus Edward he's just so annoying and you can't get away from him he's everywhere. This is a nice place to hang out for a little while every day.

Comments

• gobucks2gobucks2 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Agreed
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Smarten up and get rid of this Dan and make this place people want to visit. I know Bucky for 20 years and never heard him get angry or say anything negative. Get rid of this guy do most of us a favor. At the very least limit him to 5 posts a day and no back to back posts maybe that will help. Personally I'd love see nobody post anything until this JO is barred.

We had some new guys come around over the last six months or so and some sounded pretty sharp. But I don't see them anymore because this moron sits by a computer all day every day just waiting till something pops up. Hope I'm not putting to much pressure on you because this isn't going away this is problem. BT was the place at one time yes we had some arguments from time to time but this guy is a totally different story. Do something anything. Jesus Edward he's just so annoying and you can't get away from him he's everywhere. This is a nice place to hang out for a little while every day.

Talk about smog and air pollution? This joint is getting tough to breathe. I might give the posting moratorium a consideration.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    please tell me what I do so wrong?
    I want to learn
    I want to share what I learn
    I want to ask questions
    I NEVER initiate contact, I am ALWAYS attacked first
    if I am doing something wrong here tell me what it is specifically, lets talk about it and resolve it!
  • golfguru1golfguru1 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Agreed with OT
  • PettimorePettimore Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Ronbets wrote: »
    Talk about smog and air pollution? This joint is getting tough to breathe. I might give the posting moratorium a consideration.

This is great news!!!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    LOLL
    edited July 2018
    its the same charactors in this story, the same 5 or 6 guys that follow me around the forum and take turns insulting me and instigating me. if you look at this thread and go see who is doing the following who and who is intitiating contact. its like the same 4 or 5 guys.
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    You are the most annoying poster on this forum. There is nothing wrong with asking questions. The issue here is for someone who claims to be dumb, you claim to have some advanced model. How could someone who ask very basic questions have some model that is legit? You probably are putting wrong information into the model. You call yourself dumb yet claim to have advanced model? Also you talk bad about other posters on this forum. People are annoyed with you. Also look at some of your posts. You have a thread on CFL with your picks. You might as well have a thread on volleyball as well. You say things like you don't think your cfl plays are ready for primetime. You are someone who claims to be dumb. Why would anyone even read any thread with any of your picks. It might as well be you throwing darts and making plays. However, i do believe you have some model..... that probably anyone legit who look at it would laugh and say thats not a model, you just making stuff and adding random stats up with no clue what you are doing.

Also you mention how noone has numbers as sharp as you. Really? How are you even pulling these numbers out? Your sdql plays or something was basically all huge favorites. You might as well call it big chalk play etc. Now do i think you have a sytem/model? I actually do. But do i think its legit? Absolutely not. You ask some questions where most guys here could answer correctly. So how does anyone know if you didn't misapply the information in your model when making lines?

You mentioned how you bet 5k a game or whatnot. Then look at your record. And you post like its not a big deal. I can't believe several posters take you seriously. If anyone look at your posts, you seem to be the definition of a troll. Now if you ask very dumb questions but don't claim to have a model or something like that, much less negativity towards you. Why do you create a thread or post every thought that comes to your mind. You go anyone know why in the world the line is so and so when your line is this? Umm... so your line is suppose to be the standard or something? For someone who claims to be dumb, why would anyone even read your threads and posts or even look at your plays? If you are dumb, you don't have any advanced model or whatnot.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    This place is starting to hop. I think Edward is closer to adding danshan to the team than kicking him out.
  • donny2donny2 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Could you imagine if Edward ask Danshan to look at Danshan model or explain to him in math terms how he came up with a certain line? Edward probably would just laugh as Danshan because whatever he is using isn't even a model. The guy supposedly bets 5k a game on average. Look at his sdql plays and how much units he is down. Its basically all big favorites. Danshan continues to post like its nothing losing 10k every single day with his so called sdql plays. Look at the way he posts as well. He is like the definition of a troll. This guy must be in fantasy land because everyone here knows this guy isn't betting 5k a game on average and posting the way he does.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Edward has been taking notes.
    edited July 2018
    Danshan..............you're open game for me when you called me a racist. More unsubstantiated BS from a mentally disturbed person.
    edited July 2018
    Danshan..............you're open game for me when you called me a racist. More unsubstantiated BS from a mentally disturbed person.
    why dont you go back and read your racist tweets calling the Dodger manager a "little japanese general" or something to that extent, what does his japanese heritage have to do with his coaching abilities why even mention japanese anything? what do you call racist? I call that blatantly flat out racist. Honestly if anybody had any guts around here they would pick you as the first person cut and it would be just. I honestly dont believe anyone should be cut for being disliked or not agreeing with the old timer team but flat out racism, i mean what do you think of a racist poster?
    edited July 2018
    You learned something when I referenced Dave Roberts as part Japanese? Of course you took it the wrong way. Term was used to point out that this is LA Dodgers of USA, not the Hiroshima Carps. Pitching savy is a little different here.
    edited July 2018
    I really dont care about what you post or do, you constantly follow me around attacking me, I think you are a pain in the ass but I dont start a post and beg and cry for you to be booted, TBH I enjoy some of your funny stuff you say. I wish you were not rude to people but it dont bother me to the point of carrying a "justice for OT Posse" cardboard poster outside of BT's office, LOL, carry on brother carry on!
    edited July 2018
    danshan wrote: »
    I really dont care about what you post or do, you constantly follow me around attacking me, I think you are a pain in the ass but I dont start a post and beg and cry for you to be booted, TBH I enjoy some of your funny stuff you say. I wish you were not rude to people but it dont bother me to the point of carrying a "justice for OT Posse" cardboard poster outside of BT's office, LOL, carry on brother carry on!

Was this post directed at me or all of the above protesters? I've answered your questions correctly, but you wouldn't accept them. IMO, your stay here is tenuous at best. If this place was a buffet, you would be on the Do Not Pass list. You're hijacking the whole forum. Calm down and don't over indulge.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2018
    I understand and appreciate everyone's opinions.

I will discuss this with Ed and get back to you.
    edited July 2018
    Goats its worth noting, there are lots of people who like my writing and follow my posts here
    the complaining group is a very small and tight group of guys that have been friends here for a long time and stick together on everything. if my posting was epidemic to the forum more than 3 or 4 friends would say it, this group is the same group that follows me around and antagonizes me and other noobies like me. I am just the only one who has the time or wants to fight these guys back. this problem is smaller than they make it, its a me and 4 guys problem not me and the whole forum.
  • GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited July 2018
    danshan, when I mentioned everyone's opinions, that included yours. I'm sure Ed will take everything you mentioned into account as will I.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    danshan I tried to tell you that this kind of posting is frowned upon here and you are expected to get educated at SBR. I recommend an extended time in the drunk tank where you will fit in.
    edited July 2018
    LOL yeah I think my days are numbered here, it was nice knowing you :peace:. I will wait the outcome but I think the writing is on the wall for sure
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Although there are seldom any good posts there, there are still a lot of very smart people from around the world that read the drunk tank and will interact when a good topic comes up. More than here actually.
    edited July 2018
    yeah I went there most of the stuff I read is not for me. I think that is more the nerf crowd, not square but not sharp. Anyway I will see what BT does if they kick me I will probably just stick to reading books and twitter( I have some really solid good contacts on twitter). Anyway thanks for the support and conversations it was a joy!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    yeah I went there most of the stuff I read is not for me. I think that is more the nerf crowd, not square but not sharp. Anyway I will see what BT does if they kick me I will probably just stick to reading books and twitter( I have some really solid good contacts on twitter). Anyway thanks for the support and conversations it was a joy!

That is what I mean. But if you want to discuss advanced topics, people will respond to you much more than here. It is not a place to learn by reading anymore but if you want to interact with people about advanced topics, they will come out of the woodwork. I saw one topic there that got extremely advanced there last year. It was shocking.
  • whohasagood1whohasagood1 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Goats wrote: »
    danshan, when I mentioned everyone's opinions, that included yours. I'm sure Ed will take everything you mentioned into account as will I.
    I don't know what's going on but in danshan defense I enjoy his post he's made lots of money for all us on the site and I hope he will not be leaving betting talk
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    I don't think Edward is going to kick out danshan. For starters, he might want to add him to the team for WNBA. And secondly, he created Betting Talk basically for people like danshan to post. Ronbets and OT's stories about Billy Walters runners at the Stardust don't cut.
    edited July 2018
    Man I am a just trying to bring some excitement and energy to this place, I post all day and follow everything because I care, I like it here and have passion for the game. I right now as we speak am working my butt off on a small market soccer model. I hope its up SOON!
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Man I am a just trying to bring some excitement and energy to this place, I post all day and follow everything because I care, I like it here and have passion for the game. I right now as we speak am working my butt off on a small market soccer model. I hope its up SOON!

As long as you are posting pick threads with 13,000 views in two months, you aren't going anywhere.
    edited July 2018
    R40 wrote: »
    As long as you are posting pick threads with 13,000 views in two months, you aren't going anywhere.

Most self-inflicted.
  • R40R40 Senior Member
    edited July 2018
    Most self-inflicted.

No. danshan is being closely followed.
This discussion has been closed.