Betting Talk

What do you make of wind at TOR, MIA, and HOU games?

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited April 2018 in Sports Betting
Wondering where people stand on this. I've read some conflicting info. All 3 stadiums have that retractable roof where even if it's open it still seems like it blocks some of the wind. Just wondering where people stand in regard to wind at these types of parks. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I think wind is probably over-rated or at the very least reflected in the number. If not it will be quickly pounded into place. Here's a couple of interesting sites. The first is very cool:
    https://www.ventusky.com/?p=28.01;-80.96;8&l=wind-10m
    https://rotogrinders.com/weather/mlb
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    ive browsed your write-ups, and you put far too much emphasis on the wind - its not as big of a factor as you think it is
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    ive browsed your write-ups, and you put far too much emphasis on the wind - its not as big of a factor as you think it is

I agree. Unless you're talking Wrigley when the wind is blowing str out or str in.
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited April 2018

I put very little emphasis on wind... almost always just a side note in the writeup, not a key piece of it.
    edited April 2018
    Jake T. wrote: »
    I put very little emphasis on wind... almost always just a side note in the writeup, not a key piece of it.

well, you put an emphasis on including the word "wind" in your write-ups then. when i searched the word "wind" on just the 1st page of your baseball thread, you used it 13 times. I don't care enough to search the other pages...
    edited April 2018
    Jake T. wrote: »

for funsies, i searched page 2 of your thread for the word "wind", and it was used 21 times. for a guy that doesn't put a lot of emphasis on wind, you sure referernce it a TON in your write-ups
  • bumpobumpo Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    How bout we move on.
  • danshandanshan Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    I have a hard time moving my line without having past wind data to use to adjust the current line. When I cant calculate it fairly like streaks and things like that I just skip the game.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited April 2018
    Today wind blowing out 20mph @AT&;T Park. Longoria hits a wind aided 3 run HR in the 1st. My over 7.5 looked good? 4-2 Final. In most parks wind is USUALLY negligible. It's just a small part of the equation. Right OT, Wrigley is the exception.