Betting Talk

Anybody sign up for non-US sites w VPN?

megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
edited April 2018 in Sports Betting
Anybody do this? I can sign up with a VPN but then how do you dep/WD? Thanks

Comments

• jmjm Senior Member
    edited March 2018

Bitcoin for deposit.

However you will eventually need to withdrawal and will need to provide proof of who you are and where you live
  • megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    jm wrote: »
    Bitcoin for deposit.

However you will eventually need to withdrawal and will need to provide proof of who you are and where you live

Right, that is my problem....what do you withdraw with? Thank you!
  • acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    every since pokerstars was banned in united states, I always wondered about something like this. For instance, if I have a friend in another country, can I just dial into his computer and use his nickname/account to play poker legally? And of course when I win, he collects the money however he wishes and pays me when he visits. What I've always wondered, but never bothered doing the research, can whoever tell that someone is dailed into that machine and is playing from an outlawed country? I just play at the smaller volume poker sites instead, but I sure do miss pokerstars!
  • megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    acetoten wrote: »
    every since pokerstars was banned in united states, I always wondered about something like this. For instance, if I have a friend in another country, can I just dial into his computer and use his nickname/account to play poker legally? And of course when I win, he collects the money however he wishes and pays me when he visits. What I've always wondered, but never bothered doing the research, can whoever tell that someone is dailed into that machine and is playing from an outlawed country? I just play at the smaller volume poker sites instead, but I sure do miss pokerstars!

I created an acct for a UK site, etc...got an address....all that but then yeah, the tricky part is withdrawing....I don't won't to get all into it and then I don't have the ability to WD.
  • jmjm Senior Member
    edited March 2018
    acetoten wrote: »

That's a safe approach. They can't really tell if someone is "dialed into" the playing PC. They theoretically could see what processes are running on the pc, but that's pretty remote chance. Back in the poker glory days some sites would snoop your pc looking for bots (shout out to Winholdem) via process log.

It's all if you trust your friend and he doesn't mind jumping through hoops for a payout (sending in utility bills for proof of residency) and dealing with any tax consequence.
  • raiders72001raiders72001 Junior Member
    edited April 2018

There are bitcoin only books where you can sign up through a VPN and remain anonymous with no KYC.