Betting Talk

What time do sites post props?

megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
edited January 2018 in Sports Betting
Happy New Year, all!

About how long before games do sites post their props? Lately I have been way more into O/U props and fantasy bets, as they are kinda my specialty. The betdsi ones and fantasy ones on heritage can have some good ones. I'm doing pretty well but being very selective. Sometimes I wait for new though, and they get juiced.

Thanks!
Jim

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited January 2018
    I'm not nearly as involved in prop betting as I used to be but some general advice... don't wait on props.

Soft props are low hanging fruit and will not last (as you seem to have experienced).
  • megapowers88megapowers88 Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    Yup, thanks! I like them....seems like way bigger edges than lines/totals.
    edited January 2018
    Yup, thanks! I like them....seems like way bigger edges than lines/totals.

Hence the low limits and quick movement.
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, for me though I'm fine with 250-500$ limits. I only do about $100 units, if that. Why don't you do them anymore?
    edited January 2018
    Yeah, for me though I'm fine with 250-500$ limits. I only do about $100 units, if that. Why don't you do them anymore?

I still do NFL player props.

Short version... they were a candy store in the 2000's and way way softer than they are (and they're still obviously quite beatable). They could be beaten with the most basic prep work and this was when I had 20+ accounts so many more books offered them. I was also heavily involved in the NBA back then and haven't followed the sport in forever so that's out.

So now I'm left with NFL player props at a few shops and only BM takes more than $50 from me so I still bet them, I'm a small bettor by professional standards and will take anything with an edge, but it's tough to put a ton of effort into bets whose sum total will have a very small impact on my overall bottom line.

For a $100 bettor, you're doing the right thing. Maximize your prop success as much as you can. Continued success!
  • ericvandenericvanden Senior Member
    edited January 2018
    Varies from site to site but most of my pph sites have the NBA props up around 4ish, some sooner. BOL has a fairly customizable player prop option. Some of the prices are pretty bad though. Heritage typically has them up 2-3 hours before the game starts. As Goat stated, don't wait around, soft lines get hit pretty quickly.
    edited January 2018
    Thanks, man! I appreciate it. I pretty much think the same....for me as a $100 bettor, why put my money into lines and totals that are shaped all week when I can just do a handful of props with a 20% edge? Thanks for the support.