Betting Talk

Confidence Pool Question..Thoughts

kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
edited December 2017 in Sports Betting
I am sitting second in a SU confidence NFL pool, 9 pts out of 1st and 10 points ahead of 3rd place..the league ends after week 17.

We have to pick 10 of the NFL games and weigh them 10-1

Struggling this week..but here is what I came up with..

10 Balt
9 Min
8 Pitt
7 NE
6 Sea
5 Det
4 Buff
3 TN
2 NO
1 Chargers

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited December 2017
    Just curious, what makes you not put NE at #1 given that they're the far biggest favorite on the board?

Clearly you're doing something right, this is meant to be constructive not antagonistic, but do you really find that using your own opinion over the market line is the proper strategy?

If I played this type of contest I would likely make an initial list going purely by the spreads and then make tiny adjustments if certain teams have roughly the same spread. Not saying that's optimal. It's clearly simplistic and probably lacks some more advanced game theory factor, but I'm a simple guy.

Anyway, sorry if that wasn't helpful. GL!
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Fair point made that change..also moved Pitt down and Sea up..
    Goats wrote: »
    Just curious, what makes you not put NE at #1 given that they're the far biggest favorite on the board?

Clearly you're doing something right, this is meant to be constructive not antagonistic, but do you really find that using your own opinion over the market line is the proper strategy?

If I played this type of contest I would likely make an initial list going purely by the spreads and then make tiny adjustments if certain teams have roughly the same spread. Not saying that's optimal. It's clearly simplistic and probably lacks some more advanced game theory factor, but I'm a simple guy.

Anyway, sorry if that wasn't helpful. GL!