Betting Talk

Fantasy Football: Which 3 of these 4 RBs do I start?

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited December 2017 in Sports Betting
Leaning toward benching Mark Ingram since he has the toughest matchup and Kamara is killing it, but also thinking I'm being too short-sighted after one bad game. I like Burkhead quite a bit and also have Tom Brady as my QB in this 12-team league so could hedge my bets a bit if Burkhead is running some in. Then we have Hunt who I still have faith in, but he has barely been touching the ball with the Chiefs having to pass from behind. Thinking this week they'll have the lead and things will get back to norm for him. Shady is almost definitely going to be played since he seems to stay in the game even if the team is down. Who would you sit?

LeSean McCoy vs. Patriots
Rex Burkhead @ Bills
Mark Ingram vs. Panthers
Kareem Hunt @ Jets

Comments

• acetotenacetoten Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    I think you are right, tough call, but I'd sit ingram.
  • Obi OneObi One Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Jake T. wrote: »
    Who would you sit?

Kareem Hunt @ Jets
  • Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Obi One wrote: »
    Kareem Hunt @ Jets

Man, I just keep thinking of earlier in the year when KC had a lead and would just give Hunt a million carries. Lately their OL has been a mess and they've been coming from behind which I feel has hurt Hunt more than anything. I keep telling myself they'll have a lead here and run Hunt into the ground, but who knows anymore. I keep going back and forth on him ha. Thx for suggestion.
    edited December 2017
    Man, I just keep thinking of earlier in the year when KC had a lead and would just give Hunt a million carries. Lately their OL has been a mess and they've been coming from behind which I feel has hurt Hunt more than anything. I keep telling myself they'll have a lead here and run Hunt into the ground, but who knows anymore. I keep going back and forth on him ha. Thx for suggestion.

Also, the Jets have limited enemy backs to a combined 67/ 197/ 2.94/ 1TD rushing line in their last three games.

McCoy vs Patriots (who allow 4.89 yards per carry and the NFL’s second-most receiving yards (579) to running backs) is a starter.
    Burkhead vs Bills (who have the 27th rated rush defense) should be a starter, but is capped by only 17 to 18 touches a game.
    Mark Ingram vs Panthers is a tricky starter because of the shared backfield with Kamara and Carolina's stingy run defense, but Charles Johnson is out for Carolina. He was very good against the run.

The one thing going for Hunt is the fact that West is out. Should give him 7-8 additional touches per game. But again, I have not seen anything from KC over the last 6 weeks that would make me start him.
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Burkhead odd man out for me..
    edited December 2017
    OC Matt Nagy will call the plays today, instead of Reid.
    Hunt might have value now, but OL still sucks.
    edited December 2017
    So far today I've switched out Ingram and Burkhead about 5 times now. Keep going back and forth. I've decided I need to keep Hunt in there with West out and the OC calling plays. Just have a good feeling.

Knowing me I'll just keep switching Ingram and Burkhead, waste about an hour debating, and then get left with whichever one was in the starting lineup when I get timed out.
    edited December 2017
    Eff it, going Burkhead as insurance. My opponent has a bunch of tough matchups, with Burkhead I have some insurance if my QB Tom Brady gets a bunch of TDs vultured. Don't know if Burkhead will outperform Ingram but I don't need a ton of points this week and feel safer with the insurance policy.

Thanks to everyone for the advice.
    edited December 2017
    Well KC has ran the ball once in the 1st quarter so I've made a bad choice.
    edited December 2017
    Rex is the only guy on my team doing anything. Brady and Julio laying eggs. Forbath is having another stinker. Got a Bears return TD which helps. Gonna come down to the wire.
    edited December 2017
    Gonna come down to the wire.

To get into the playoffs?
    edited December 2017
    Obi One wrote: »
    To get into the playoffs?

No, luckily I had the #1 seed in the playoffs wrapped up before this week. Definitely put in a stinker though.