Betting Talk

Aaron Boone named manager of the Yankees, thoughts?

Jake T.Jake T. Senior Member
edited December 2017 in Sports Betting
Any thoughts on this one? No coaching experience but I'm sure the players love him.

Comments

• depaulfan3depaulfan3 Junior Member
    edited December 2017
    I love it!!
  • sosoangrysosoangry Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Cash is now the real manager
  • jimmymojimmymo Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    Not relevant, but I played ball against Aaron Boone in college summer league -- he played for the Anchorage Glacier Pilots that summer. We played them in a 3 game series and the second game was a 21 inning, 2-1 epic game....our starting pitcher gave up a run in the 1st inning and then threw no-hit ball through the 10th (he went 11 before being pulled)......both teams had multiple chances to score in extras and could not get it done until they won in the bottom of the 21st......full of drama and finished well after midnight.....just an absolute epic game....If I ever ran into him, I would have to ask if he remembers it
  • calzonesayscalzonesays Senior Member
    edited December 2017
    sosoangry wrote: »
    Cash is now the real manager

I don't agree with that. Cash has enough on his plate as it is. I hate when people say things like "Oh the GM just wants to run the team now, fill out the lineup card, etc".

Do they want a manager who will communicate with the front office, use his people skills and experience in the NY media market and has an open mind to analytics? Yeah.

Just don't hit Judge 2nd and I will be happy.