Betting Talk

Thanks Button

StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
edited September 2017 in Sports Betting
Use it.

If you're taking the time to thank someone who posts in a season picks thread, there is a good change that person has a lot of people subscribed to that thread. No one cares to receive an alert that you're thanking them, and if you don't refresh your log-in, you will not receive future plays.

Side note for Admins - would it be possible to choose between receiving all posts in a specific thread, instead of always having to log in each time? There are picks threads like Helmut's where I'd like to receive an alert every post, no matter what.

Thanks.

Comments

• GoatsGoats Head Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Just removed all the sniping that ensued. It's perfectly fine to disagree with someone but keep it civil.

Please do not respond to this post or restart the fighting. Thank you.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited September 2017
    back on topic, do you think the site could add functionality to subscribe to all responses in a thread? i think a lot of people would use it.
    edited September 2017
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    back on topic, do you think the site could add functionality to subscribe to all responses in a thread? i think a lot of people would use it.

You'd have e-mail [email protected] or get a response from Ed or his site admin as Tommy and I don't handle the software end of things.

That said, I'm pretty sure this forum software (which is purchased, not designed by anyone associated with Ed/BT) doesn't allow that function to be adjusted how you're suggesting.
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited September 2017
    Goats wrote: »
    Just removed all the sniping that ensued. It's perfectly fine to disagree with someone but keep it civil.

Please do not respond to this post or restart the fighting. Thank you.

Couldn't you at least have left up the parts where people talked about how nice of a guy I am? WTF
    edited September 2017
    TommyL wrote: »
    Couldn't you at least have left up the parts where people talked about how nice of a guy I am? WTF

After you caused the loss to CR last week? No.