Betting Talk

AG Sessions wants to increase civil forfeiture

TortugaTortuga Moderator
edited July 2017 in Sports Betting

Comments

• RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    "Since 2007, the Drug Enforcement Administration alone has taken more than $3 billion in cash from people not charged with any crime, according to the Justice Department's Inspector General."

"In 2014, federal law enforcement officers took more property from citizens than burglars did. State and local authorities seized untold millions more."

This is not good for anyone but the state and federal agencies having a license to steal. This cracker Sessions will make Holder look better and better.
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited July 2017
    This is sad. The losers here are the American people especially those who cannot afford to defend themselves. Even if you can afford to defend yourself in some cases you are have to prove innocence which can at times be impossible. If I say you rape your wife, how do you prove your innocence? A government who can steal for their own gain is so disgusting I don't even know how to comment on it. I lean right typically (not on social issues) but this is such bullshit I cannot imagine voting Republican next time around with the presidential cycle. Dems have no bullpen or rising stars but if they can just trot out someone with a pulse no idea how they won't win in 2020.
  • lakemonsterlakemonster Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    MikeRAS wrote: »
    This is sad. The losers here are the American people especially those who cannot afford to defend themselves. Even if you can afford to defend yourself in some cases you are have to prove innocence which can at times be impossible. If I say you rape your wife, how do you prove your innocence? A government who can steal for their own gain is so disgusting I don't even know how to comment on it. I lean right typically (not on social issues) but this is such bullshit I cannot imagine voting Republican next time around with the presidential cycle. Dems have no bullpen or rising stars but if they can just trot out someone with a pulse no idea how they won't win in 2020.

no idea how they won't win in 2020? voter suppression, misinformation and manipulating voting machines - thats why Dems lost in 2016. I'm sure the same plan will be implemented by the GOP in 2020 but on steroids. This is a soft coup...
  • MikeRASMikeRAS Senior Handicapper
    edited July 2017
    voter suppression, misinformation and manipulating voting machines

I'm sure there is some combination of the above every year so not sure how it was much different than normal. If you can't beat a pussy grabbing guy who puts down war hero's for being captured and makes fun of disabled, constantly makes fun of women for their looks and just flat out acts like an 8 year old, I am not sure who you can beat (looking at you Hillary).

As far as in 2020, with all of the previous issues mentioned you better be kicking ass at "draining the swamp" or making progress for America (winning!) to continue to act like Trump does and think he can win again. I honestly hope it happens (progress for America, winning), it's certainly more interesting politically with an outsider with new ideas and a change agent there to blow it up. As of now I personally have been disappointed in some of what is being done. It's very hard to get things done in Washington so not all of it is Trump's fault for certain, but it is hard for me to get that excited about what has happened so far.

That being said if they get this tax reform passed maybe I can overlook some of this above stuff :toast:

Apologize for being overly political here, sure it should be avoided when possible!!
  • TortugaTortuga Moderator
    edited July 2017
    I have a hard time believing too many Americans are rooting for more civil forfeiture (or private prisons).
  • kcburghkcburgh Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    no idea how they won't win in 2020? voter suppression, misinformation and manipulating voting machines - thats why Dems lost in 2016. I'm sure the same plan will be implemented by the GOP in 2020 but on steroids. This is a soft coup...

if any of your accusations could be proven you would be given a million dollar deal with MSNBC
  • BetThemDogsBetThemDogs Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    kcburgh wrote: »
    if any of your accusations could be proven you would be given a million dollar deal with MSNBC

MSNBC needs things to be proven to comment on them????
  • kdogkdog Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    American citizens already lose more to civil forfeiture than to burglaries and this cocksucker wants more.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/wonk/wp/2015/11/23/cops-took-more-stuff-from-people-than-burglars-did-last-year/?utm_term=.8029a5509b72
    edited July 2017

there is plenty of evidence to support my "accusations", but you are likely someone that chooses not to believe any of it because it doesn't align with your ideology
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited July 2017

You do realize the POTUS is under Federal investigation less than 6 months into his presidency? So many dumb fucks in this country it is absolutely amazing.
  • StJoes0610StJoes0610 Senior Member
    edited July 2017

this is hilariously naive. as MikeRAS said, stuff like this happens every year. you notice the common trend? its not republicans, democrats, muslims, christains etc. its people. there are a lot of fucked up people in this world, on all sides. blaming one side more than the other sure sounds like "someone that chooses not to believe any of it because it doesn't align with your ideology " to me.
    edited July 2017
    more to the actual topic at hand, stuff like this absolutely disgusts me. you wanna talk about breaking the spirit or even letter of the law of the constitution that the founding fathers had in mind; this is it.
    edited July 2017
    StJoes0610 wrote: »
    this is hilariously naive. as MikeRAS said, stuff like this happens every year. you notice the common trend? its not republicans, democrats, muslims, christains etc. its people. there are a lot of fucked up people in this world, on all sides. blaming one side more than the other sure sounds like "someone that chooses not to believe any of it because it doesn't align with your ideology " to me.

actually, your reply is incredibly naive. you are taking it personal because you are a republican. you may not be a bad person, but many of the GOP in power in our government are bad people. the GOP controls all branches of government - who else am I supposed to blame? Accountability is a bitch...
    edited July 2017
    more to the actual topic at hand, stuff like this absolutely disgusts me. you wanna talk about breaking the spirit or even letter of the law of the constitution that the founding fathers had in mind; this is it.

And Trump, who represents the GOP, appointed Sessions, who is a republican. But its no party's fault though, right? got it...
    edited July 2017

Gerrymandering is all I have to say.
    edited July 2017
    Kashmir wrote: »

exactly. gerrymandering has been spearheaded by republican controlled state legislatures.

but the GOP isn't to blame according to StJoes0610. its just bad people in general according to him....
    edited July 2017
    trump isnt even a republican. he just ran on the republican ticket because it was the easiest path. of course trump and sessions are assholes. again...BOTH sides have plenty of assholes.
    edited July 2017
    are you kidding me?? im not a republican. you have no freaking clue what i am and what i am not. youre obviously naive enough to think one party is better than the other. youre the problem bud.
    edited July 2017

i agree. but you actually think only republicans do this?
    edited July 2017
    i agree. but you actually think only republicans do this?

This is 95% Republicans. Don't be a moron.
    edited July 2017
    This is 95% Republicans. Don't be a moron.

im not trying to be obnoxious here. if you can prove that statement i am totally willing to change my opinion on this. otherwise, who is the moron?
    edited July 2017
    I'm turning off notifications for this as I have no desire to debate this when there is nothing to debate. My phone is going off every 2 minutes from some moron's posts.
    edited July 2017
    im not trying to be obnoxious here. if you can prove that statement i am totally willing to change my opinion on this. otherwise, who is the moron?

Do your own damn research. Google is available to almost everyone in the US. Gerrymandering has fucked everything up. You have an average day.
    edited July 2017
    Do your own damn research. Google is available to almost everyone in the US. Gerrymandering has fucked everything up. You have an average day.

i did do my own research. your stat "This is 95% Republicans" is pulled directly from your ass - thats my point.
    edited July 2017

His head it too far buried up his own ass to do any research. He'd prefer to just blame everyone (aka THE SWAMP), instead of blaming the people who are actually trying to destroy our democracy in the name of partisanship (aka THE GOP).
    edited July 2017

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/the-power-that-gerrymandering-has-brought-to-republicans/2016/06/17/045264ae-2903-11e6-ae4a-3cdd5fe74204_story.html?utm_term=.260a1152beb7

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/partisan-gerrymandering-has-benefited-gop-analysis-shows-n776436

but this is probably FAKE NEWS according to you, right?
    edited July 2017

no where in either of those articles does it support that republicans have committed 95% of the gerrymandering. your purview of the 2016 election is way too short a time frame to debate this in an intellectually honest way. im going to put away my disgust for your ridiculous accusations towards me and dig a little deeper.

republicans are doing more gerrymandering now because their party is shrinking and theyre desperate. they were lucky that the democrats ran hillary, an awful candidate who was corruptly put forward as the candidate for the party. otherwise republicans wouldve lost, and lost badly in my opinion. my candidate of choice wouldve been michael bloomberg. i disagree with a decent amount of his policies but i like the fact that he cant be bought and is extremely intelligent. look at a bloomberg terminal. that thing is ingenious. i can be happy supporting a candidate i dont agree with on a lot of things, admitting i do not know all, if i trust in their methodology for coming to their conclusion. trump, hillary both are freaking awful. if you want to label me so bad, i guess libertarian would be the best way to label me, but for fucks sake im no republican, democrat or even libertarian. my views are party of tjoes0610 and i dont need to align myself with any label or establishment because politics isnt my game.

im happy to follow up to constructive responses; otherwise, hope you, kashmir and i at least hit some winners this fall/winter.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    Hillary lost because Podesta and Mook ignored the Big 10 conference states, she is also a hard sell.
  • Casper WareCasper Ware Senior Member
    edited July 2017
    structuring is another false charge money grab the feds do, creation scientist Kent Hovind did a stretch for that. he got a letter of apology and a refund after he did 7 years in prison