Betting Talk

Dr.H

Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
edited March 2017 in Sports Betting
Haven't been to the site in a long time looks great. I also see your flat betting one unit interesting. I've done this in the past and was thinking about picking it up again this year. Excuse the post if you've done this in the past haven't follow recently.
Best of luck

Comments

• Dr. HDr. H Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Hey OT, thanks for the kind words. Funny timing - I have a completely new site design launching in the next couple of days, just cleaning up a few things. Saw your thread title and wondered how you got early access lol, but I think you're just referring to the old site.

Yeah, so if you're risking 1 unit on dogs and risking to win 1 unit on faves, like the set up here, you're actually overbetting dogs/underbetting favorites. I did it that way in '14 since i started here and that was the format. I switched in '15. Ideally we all use fractional Kelly recalculated each day but that doesn't really work as a service.

GL, hope you crush bases!
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Dr. H wrote: »
    Hey OT, thanks for the kind words. Funny timing - I have a completely new site design launching in the next couple of days, just cleaning up a few things. Saw your thread title and wondered how you got early access lol, but I think you're just referring to the old site.

Yeah, so if you're risking 1 unit on dogs and risking to win 1 unit on faves, like the set up here, you're actually overbetting dogs/underbetting favorites. I did it that way in '14 since i started here and that was the format. I switched in '15. Ideally we all use fractional Kelly recalculated each day but that doesn't really work as a service.

Thanks for quick reply H and think you pushed me off the fence and I'll follow your lead.
  • KashmirKashmir Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Dr. H wrote: »

I went to go take a peek thinking your page had been updated as well. GL this year.
  • golfer1000golfer1000 Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Kashmir wrote: »
    I went to go take a peek thinking your page had been updated as well. GL this year.

What happened to all your shitty ass NBA picks? Hopefully everyone on here realized you aren't any good. I'm sure that's why you quit posting cause your not good and never have been. But hey, keep tweaking your model lol.
  • Old-TimerOld-Timer Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Wow, you're one giant A hold. What's wrong with you?
    edited March 2017
    Old-Timer wrote: »
    Wow, you're one giant A hold. What's wrong with you?

No he started it. And im finishing it. It's beyond obvious he's not the real deal and had no edge and I'm just calling him out on it. Call it what you want, but I'm right.
    edited March 2017
    Where did I say I was the shit? I'm still working on it. Nothing comes easy. But we all know you'll always be buying picks because you're a complete tool that could never do anything but cry after an 0-2 night. Everyone laughs at you on here and will continue to do so.
    edited March 2017
    Kashmir wrote: »
    Where did I say I was the shit? I'm still working on it. Nothing comes easy. But we all know you'll always be buying picks because you're a complete tool that could never do anything but cry after an 0-2 night. Everyone laughs at you on here and will continue to do so.

Lol!! I haven't cried on here in months. And FYI - I've forgotten more money than you have. It doesn't impact me one bit if we win or lose but the fact that you think it does makes you the big ass fucking tool that you are. RAS winning or losing means literally zero to me. I'm glad you think it does cause your wrong about that just like your wrong about your picks!!!
    edited March 2017
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Lol!! I haven't cried on here in months. And FYI - I've forgotten more money than you have. It doesn't impact me one bit if we win or lose but the fact that you think it does makes you the big ass fucking tool that you are. RAS winning or losing means literally zero to me. I'm glad you think it does cause your wrong about that just like your wrong about your picks!!!

So you admit you are a big crier? And if the picks don't effect you, why all the tears everyday? As many have suggested, you should not be betting real money.
  • TeckxTeckx Junior Member
    edited March 2017
    ive been on this board for about a week. love the drama!
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited March 2017
    golfer1000 wrote: »
    Lol!! I haven't cried on here in months. And FYI - I've forgotten more money than you have. It doesn't impact me one bit if we win or lose but the fact that you think it does makes you the big ass fucking tool that you are.

If that's actually the case, then could you please act like it? Could do without the "triple reverse jinx" posts if winning or losing doesn't impact you. Thanks.
  • BennyProfaneBennyProfane Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Teckx wrote: »
    ive been on this board for about a week. love the drama!

Use the search function and find some of the old threads Rip007 started a few years ago. They were pure comedy gold.
  • RonbetsRonbets Senior Member
    edited March 2017
    Let's get back to the thread topic first. One of the main reasons I endorse Dr.H aka Mr. Congeniality is his ability to move beyond "the book" and into metrics. Smart kid with enhanced math skills.

Now this internal flame war between Golfer and Zepplin. This stuff is a microcosm of today's politics. Golfer representing the Right and Kash the lib.
    Teckx, this pissing match aint' nuthin. You'd really get your rocks off on some of the battles that the mods shredded.
  • TeckxTeckx Junior Member
    edited March 2017
    thanks! now i have something to do at work tomm
  • TommyLTommyL Super Moderator
    edited March 2017
    Teckx wrote: »
    thanks! now i have something to do at work tomm

If you really have some time, take a trip in the "way back" machine and search for posts from Blackjack21